Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am a Mike Anderson Guy

Started by WilsonHog, December 07, 2014, 06:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 08, 2014, 10:02:22 am
Let me simplify this discussion. Clemson's coach, Brad Brownell, is going to get fired after this season. He is five years in, and Clemson is an exceedingly mediocre basketball team. They will get destroyed in the ACC. And Brownell coached rings around MA yesterday.

brownell is a great x and o coach, he cannot recruit at this level.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Quote from: clew on December 08, 2014, 10:36:49 am
Guys, this had to happen. Mike Anderson had to be hired so that we could see this play out. If we had not seen this play out, we would've always been divided as a Fanbase. I hate it that things have not turned out the way that we hoped they might.there is still some hope for the season, so I'm going to stay on the wagon a little while longer. But if we don't make the tournament the season and Greg Marshall is still at Wichita State, we seriously need to consider making him an offer.

Gregg Marshall, Archie Miller, Ben Jacobson, Shaka Smart....there are decent candidates out there is we felt we needed to move on from Mike.

I think with what we have seen from Jeff Long and his hiring process, if he is given the chance to go out and do a search himself, he can get a very good coach.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2014, 12:35:51 pm
Actually, I think it was more than that, I think MA reached out to some ptb in Arkansas, when he saw the looming disaster coming at Mizzou, and told them he would come if they fired Pel. I do not think they had any intention of letting Pel go after that season otherwise.

This guy gets it, now he understands why Mizzou fans were not up in arms to see him go but were not happy about HOW he left.  He left team unbalanced and disgruntled.  Might be starting to see some of that year 4 disgruntled rearing its head.  I haven't looked all that hard at recruiting to see if it is or isn't unbalanced. 

latrops

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2014, 01:23:55 pm
Gregg Marshall, Archie Miller, Ben Jacobson, Shaka Smart....there are decent candidates out there is we felt we needed to move on from Mike.

I think with what we have seen from Jeff Long and his hiring process, if he is given the chance to go out and do a search himself, he can get a very good coach.

Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart have already received and turned down offers from programs every bit as good or arguably better than Arkansas.  Sure, go down that road, but it is highly unlikely that they leave for Arkansas.  Beyond that, given what is owed CMA, if he were fired either after this season or after next season, we would probably have to go the up and comer route as Long couldn't justify paying a new coach top 15 money while paying CMA to go away.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 08, 2014, 01:26:42 pm
This guy gets it, now he understands why Mizzou fans were not up in arms to see him go but were not happy about HOW he left.  He left team unbalanced and disgruntled.  Might be starting to see some of that year 4 disgruntled rearing its head.  I haven't looked all that hard at recruiting to see if it is or isn't unbalanced. 

Seniors:
Harris
Madden

Juniors:
Bell
Durham (JUCO)
Williams
Qualls
Miles (transfer)

Sophomores:
Watkins
Portis
Kingsley
Hannahs (transfer, redshirting, junior next year)

Freshmen:
Babb
Beard
Thompson

Incoming Freshmen:
Jimmy Whitt

The_Iceman

Quote from: latrops on December 08, 2014, 01:36:27 pm
Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart have already received and turned down offers from programs every bit as good or arguably better than Arkansas.  Sure, go down that road, but it is highly unlikely that they leave for Arkansas.  Beyond that, given what is owed CMA, if he were fired either after this season or after next season, we would probably have to go the up and comer route as Long couldn't justify paying a new coach top 15 money while paying CMA to go away.

Which is why we are probably just stuck riding it out with Mike, one way or another.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2014, 01:37:53 pm
Seniors:
Harris
Madden

Juniors:
Bell
Durham (JUCO)
Williams
Qualls
Miles (transfer)

Sophomores:
Watkins
Portis
Kingsley
Hannahs (transfer, redshirting, junior next year)

Freshmen:
Babb
Beard
Thompson

Incoming Freshmen:
Jimmy Whitt

Well that is good, at least he figured that part out.  There seem to be some holes though.  If Portis leaves, you guys are gonna be hurting for "bigs".  But I guess the system doesn't really value a true big anyway or Kingsley would get way more minutes. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 08, 2014, 02:00:35 pm
Well that is good, at least he figured that part out.  There seem to be some holes though.  If Portis leaves, you guys are gonna be hurting for "bigs".  But I guess the system doesn't really value a true big anyway or Kingsley would get way more minutes. 

You will see a transition to more of a 3 guard set, which is really what Mike needs to do in the long run. Kinglsey and Thompson would man the Center position, with Jacorey and Keaton Miles at the PF. Ted Kapita would be a nice addition to the front court as well.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2014, 02:08:05 pm
You will see a transition to more of a 3 guard set, which is really what Mike needs to do in the long run. Kinglsey and Thompson would man the Center position, with Jacorey and Keaton Miles at the PF. Ted Kapita would be a nice addition to the front court as well.

Yes that guy seems to be legit. I know MO was in the running for a bit for his services who is the leader in the clubhouse now?

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 08, 2014, 10:02:22 am
Let me simplify this discussion. Clemson's coach, Brad Brownell, is going to get fired after this season. He is five years in, and Clemson is an exceedingly mediocre basketball team. They will get destroyed in the ACC. And Brownell coached rings around MA yesterday.

I agree Brownell's firing is likely too, though a somewhat better-than-expected ACC middling performance could save it for ONE more year because Littlejohn Coliseum will be closed next year and Clemson will play all its games away from campus -- which is not exactly an enticement for a new coach. So next year is a lost year anyway, and he could get one last shot, maybe.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 08, 2014, 02:24:13 pm
Yes that guy seems to be legit. I know MO was in the running for a bit for his services who is the leader in the clubhouse now?

Arkansas and Oregon seem to be the leaders.

http://247sports.com/Player/Ted-Kapita-29968

The_Iceman

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 08, 2014, 02:55:49 pm
I agree Brownell's firing is likely too, though a somewhat better-than-expected ACC middling performance could save it for ONE more year because Littlejohn Coliseum will be closed next year and Clemson will play all its games away from campus -- which is not exactly an enticement for a new coach. So next year is a lost year anyway, and he could get one last shot, maybe.

Will they all be road games, or will they just play in another location in state?

Justifiable Hogicide

I suspect Jeff Long will deal with the Mike Anderson problem the way Frank Broyles dealt with the incompetent Houston Nutt....I did not want to hire him, you fans and media demanded it, now you've got it, I'm not fixing it (at great expense since Mike Anderson and his Agent Jimmy Sexton extorted an outrageously overpriced contract to agree to come to Arkansas).

The_Iceman

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on December 08, 2014, 03:02:15 pm
I suspect Jeff Long will deal with the Mike Anderson problem the way Frank Broyles dealt with the incompetent Houston Nutt....I did not want to hire him, you fans and media demanded it, now you've got it, I'm not fixing it (at great expense since Mike Anderson and his Agent Jimmy Sexton extorted an outrageously overpriced contract to agree to come to Arkansas).

Mick Hogger

It's way too early to give up on this team and start talking about new coaches. He's still the same coach that regularly beats Calipari. There is still plenty of basketball to be played and this team still has plenty of time to gel and have a successful conference season and post season.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

hogsanity

Quote from: RazorWorld on December 08, 2014, 03:41:48 pm

we would all hate to see you up and leave

I would hate to see him leave, he is one of the best, no nonsense, posters here, and has been for a long time.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WilsonHog

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on December 08, 2014, 12:12:31 pm
The takeaway I get here is, our current situation is based in part on a nostalgic gamble that hasn't quite panned out and a lot of us are so apathetic towards the bball program, we can talk about it civilly without letting emotion get in the way. That's the vibe I get and for some of us, that's the "vibe" so to speak, we have feared was coming.

I hadn't thought much about this, but...

When we lost football games this season, I was in somewhat of a rage. When I saw the score last night, my blood pressure didn't even jump.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 08, 2014, 08:46:18 pm

When we lost football games this season, I was in somewhat of a rage. When I saw the score last night, my blood pressure didn't even jump.

I hear ya, Wilson. I can't remember the last time I had more than a "meh" reaction to the basketball team losing.  Especially a road game...I expect us to lose most road games.  It just is what it is these days.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on December 08, 2014, 09:13:27 pm
I hear ya, Wilson. I can't remember the last time I had more than a "meh" reaction to the basketball team losing.  Especially a road game...I expect us to lose most road games.  It just is what it is these days.

For some of us, it comes with wins too.  I tried explaining this in the forum last season.  Good job in doing so. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 08, 2014, 08:46:18 pm

What was your reaction when we beat SMU? Did you care then?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on December 08, 2014, 09:13:27 pm

It does seem very far removed from the days of watching road games, and the only noticeable difference was that Robken wasn't there running up and down the steps during the 1812 Overture like he did at home games.  Well...that and the opposing crowd's stands emptying early when we blew their team off the court...

We could be a few players away from that again, and I'm willing to give MA the benefit of the doubt on this one.  But...I'll say this.  He needs to find 7 guys, and play 'em.  MAKE THEM be responsible for the team's success, and force them to develop some toughness. 

I've said this for years...and I still believe it.  The fastest 40 minutes of basketball has come and gone.  Too many long TV timeouts, and we can't mug people anymore.  I'm not sure people realize how physical our teams played back then.  If you crossed half court with the basketball, Corey Beck was going to flat out MUG you.  Same for pretty much everyone dating back to the Big O, Day, and Mayberry team.  You can't do that anymore. 

Our full court press is a joke.  We trap, and they make one pass to someone open, and then we're scrambling to get back on D.  If they're not going to make any effort to steal the pass from the trap, then what's the point? 

There are just so many things that seem easy to correct, which is what's so frustrating, because we've seen them for 3 years now.  I'm just ready to see us turn the corner, and it seems like we have the talent to do it...it's just not jiving.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Kevin

Right now, I don't have an emotional attachment to the program.
I watch every game, but not like I do football & baseball
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2014, 09:36:25 pm
Right now, I don't have an emotional attachment to the program.
I watch every game, but not like I do football & baseball

..and that's where I am, and I honestly can't explain it.  Qualls is as exciting as any player in the NCAA, and we have what I think are really good kids on the team.  I used to know when every game was, and I was anxious the days we were playing.  Now...I'm just a notch above apathetic. 

I've shown I can stand behind a loser by sticking by the football team since Harleygate.  I did have a period of indifference back in the Hatfield days that I can't really explain either. 

I feel bad about it...but I don't know how to turn that around.  Maybe if we start winning it will spark me to be a better fan. 

I hate to say it...but I think a big part of it is that I see so many fundamental issues that it drives me nuts to watch.  But...I felt that way about several of Nolan's teams too, so obviously that's not a deal breaker.  Hmmm...it's a dilemma.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Breems on December 08, 2014, 09:19:31 pm
What was your reaction when we beat SMU? Did you care then?

Loved it. Thought it was a sign that our road woes were a thing of the past.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 08, 2014, 09:52:33 pm

...and then the next two were Lee Corso moments.   :(

Breems

1 road win and we're talking Top 25 rankings and tournament seeds. 1 road loss and we're discussing Mike's buyout. I'm willing to bet most who have become overnight members of the "I've been apathetic all year club" were part of the former group as well.

I don't think there's enough evidence to give up on the team just yet. The fact remains that we've dropped 1 game we shouldn't have and have an entire season left to play. The road win @SMU was probably more impressive than a road win @Clemson would've been. The potential is there. Hopefully Mike recognizes what needs adjusted.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

3of5-2

The road win at SMU will pale in comparison to the loss at Clemson when the NCAAT committee looks at it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 08, 2014, 10:30:20 pm
The road win at SMU will pale in comparison to the loss at Clemson when the NCAAT committee looks at it.

Depends on how each does the rest of the season. 

SMU was also without Markus Kennedy.  Will the committee factor this from a game played in November. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

3of5-2

Sounds like you think we wouldn't have won had he played.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 08, 2014, 10:41:00 pm
Sounds like you think we wouldn't have won had he played.

No.  Just something the committee may consider.  His return hopefully helps them have a successful season with a good RPI. 

3of5-2

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on December 08, 2014, 10:22:48 pm
1 road win and we're talking Top 25 rankings and tournament seeds. 1 road loss and we're discussing Mike's buyout. I'm willing to bet most who have become overnight members of the "I've been apathetic all year club" were part of the former group as well.

I don't think there's enough evidence to give up on the team just yet. The fact remains that we've dropped 1 game we shouldn't have and have an entire season left to play. The road win @SMU was probably more impressive than a road win @Clemson would've been. The potential is there. Hopefully Mike recognizes what needs adjusted.

The road win at SMU would have carried more weight than a road win at Clemson, BUT losing to Clemson pretty much canceled out the win at SMU, in the eyes of the selection committee. As was pointed out, SMU was missing a pretty good player, and then the Hogs turn around and go lose to a team with a rpi in the 200's.

And it was not losing a road game, it was that they did it the exact same way they did it last year, and the year before. Mike just keeps driving the bus at full speed into a brick wall on the road, If the press and pressure is not working, just giving up easy baskets and open looks, a sane person would think about maybe, possibly,potentially trying something different, but not Mike " I am going to run my system results be darned because that is what I do " Anderson.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on December 09, 2014, 08:44:31 am

And it was not losing a road game, it was that they did it the exact same way they did it last year, and the year before. Mike just keeps driving the bus at full speed into a brick wall on the road, If the press and pressure is not working, just giving up easy baskets and open looks, a sane person would think about maybe, possibly,potentially trying something different, but not Mike " I am going to run my system results be darned because that is what I do " Anderson.

+1, I'm really thinking this "system" might have already had its day. New era of college basketball with one and done players and coaches that have metrix when they study film. I believe the athletes coming off the bench on college basketball teams are better than they were 20 years ago. I like CMA but he needs to change some things and quickly.

jesterzzn

So 3-0 on the road to this point was your expectation?  Or maybe 2-1?  Or is it just the way it happened?  1-2 is the end of life as we know it?

Seriously, no fan was more disappointed in the losses than myself, but this is basketball.  Two games is nothing.  One bad loss, and I'm not talking about Clemson, isn't going to ruin the season.

I shouldn't be surprised by the reaction I see on this board, but I actually kinda am.  This is foolishness. 

HF#1

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 10:58:15 am
One bad loss, and I'm not talking about Clemson, isn't going to ruin the season.

Famous last words.  The loss at Clemson could very well be what keeps us out of the tournament should we only win enough games to be on the bubble.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jesterzzn

Quote from: HF#1 on December 09, 2014, 11:01:22 am
Famous last words.  The loss at Clemson could very well be what keeps us out of the tournament should we only win enough games to be on the bubble.

We won't be on the bubble.  You can save that quote if you like.

hogsanity

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 11:03:10 am
We won't be on the bubble.  You can save that quote if you like.

One could also take that quote in two very different ways.

jesterzzn

Quote from: hogsanity on December 09, 2014, 11:05:42 am
One could also take that quote in two very different ways.

If you have trouble with context, sure.  Are you autistic?  Serious question.

hogsanity

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 11:06:52 am

I know exactly what you meant, you meant that you think they will win so many games they won't be anywhere near the bubble.  23 games left, to get to be safely in the ncaat most think they have to have 23 wins, so that will mean a 17-6 finish. Assuming they win the last 5 ooc games, that means going 12-6 in the sec. That means winning 3 sec road games IF they go 9-0 at home in conf play.

GuvHog

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 11:06:52 am

The point is this: The Hogs have to win a good number of road games this year. It would be great to go undefeated in BWA but if they don't get some good road wins, they will be left out of the NCAA Tournament.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jesterzzn

Quote from: hogsanity on December 09, 2014, 11:09:13 am
I know exactly what you meant, you meant that you think they will win so many games they won't be anywhere near the bubble.  23 games left, to get to be safely in the ncaat most think they have to have 23 wins, so that will mean a 17-6 finish. Assuming they win the last 5 ooc games, that means going 12-6 in the sec. That means winning 3 sec road games IF they go 9-0 at home in conf play.

And what you just laid out there, that doesn't sound perfectly doable?  I mean, we went 1-3 against a group of teams two of which would be in the upper 1/3 of the SEC this year and the other about on par with the rest of our league. 

3-6 sound like it's not only doable, but probably pessimistic.

hogsanity

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 11:17:24 am
And what you just laid out there, that doesn't sound perfectly doable?  I mean, we went 1-3 against a group of teams two of which would be in the upper 1/3 of the SEC this year and the other about on par with the rest of our league. 

3-6 sound like it's not only doable, but probably pessimistic.

Sure it is doable. It is EXACTLY the same thing they needed to do last year, and even with TWO WINS over Kentucky, they still only managed 10-8 in the SEC, and played themselves right out of the ncaat by getting absolutely curbstomped at Bama, then losing to SC in the sect. Is this team better than last years? They look to be making the same mistakes, and prone to the same lapses in shooting and defense.

jesterzzn

Quote from: hogsanity on December 09, 2014, 11:21:11 am
Sure it is doable. It is EXACTLY the same thing they needed to do last year, and even with TWO WINS over Kentucky, they still only managed 10-8 in the SEC, and played themselves right out of the ncaat by getting absolutely curbstomped at Bama, then losing to SC in the sect. Is this team better than last years? They look to be making the same mistakes, and prone to the same lapses in shooting and defense.

Thing is, even with that minor choke job in the last couple games, if we had the RPI last year that we will this year we'd have made the tournament.

hogsanity

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 11:28:20 am
Thing is, even with that minor choke job in the last couple games, if we had the RPI last year that we will this year we'd have made the tournament.

But, almost unbelievably, the SEC is WEAKER this year than last, so I just don't think 10 wins in conf gets it done this year, even with a better rpi. I do give them a lot of credit for the schedule upgrade, it was a good mix of likely tournament teams, and teams that at least would not kill the rpi.

TheOtherColombia

I think you guys are putting the cart before the horse.  Dayton isn't going to be an easy game or automatic W like some of you think.  Archie Miller can flat out coach, that as much as anything else, presents problem for your current coach.  If he doesn't out athlete someone right out of the gate, no way he will out X and O a good coach in a close game.  SMU adjusted and played better in the second half and outscored you guys by 5.  Had the first half been closer than 11 you guys could have very easily lost that game. 

hogsanity

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 09, 2014, 12:11:24 pm
I think you guys are putting the cart before the horse.  Dayton isn't going to be an easy game or automatic W like some of you think.  Archie Miller can flat out coach, that as much as anything else, presents problem for your current coach.  If he doesn't out athlete someone right out of the gate, no way he will out X and O a good coach in a close game.  SMU adjusted and played better in the second half and outscored you guys by 5.  Had the first half been closer than 11 you guys could have very easily lost that game. 

I am not counting it as a sure win. I am saying IF they hogs go 5-0 in their remaining ooc games, then they have to go 12-6 in the sec to get to the number most seem to think they need to make the nccat. If they drop one of the next 5, Dayton being the most likely, well, I have no idea where that would put them as far as what number they would need in sec play to make the ncaat.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 09, 2014, 12:11:24 pm

Hogs are 47-100 from 3 in BWA.  You know how this rollercoaster works.  We'll bully Dayton, hit a high number of 3's, Qualls will get a couple of dunks and all will be well. 

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: hogsanity on December 09, 2014, 12:13:34 pm
I am not counting it as a sure win. I am saying IF they hogs go 5-0 in their remaining ooc games, then they have to go 12-6 in the sec to get to the number most seem to think they need to make the nccat. If they drop one of the next 5, Dayton being the most likely, well, I have no idea where that would put them as far as what number they would need in sec play to make the ncaat.

I will say this, and I am sure all of you know it, the SEC very much needs AR to get back to respectability.  Three teams (KY and FLA being the other two) representing the conference I think would really change the perception of the conference.  Being a Missouri fan I would like to think we could pitch in some too, but I freely admit that we don't have the history AR does but we could make a nice 4th if we can get our darn together under KA.  Kids might not understand it, but real basketball people remember what AR was and for decades not just in the Nolan years. I think they can truly be a giant again just not so sure they can get their trying to relive the glory years...

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2014, 12:19:20 pm
Hogs are 47-100 from 3 in BWA.  You know how this rollercoaster works.  We'll bully Dayton, hit a high number of 3's, Qualls will get a couple of dunks and all will be well.

You bully weaker teams.  Dayton isn't a typical MA cupcake.  SMU and Oklahoma are the only two quality teams I can think of in MA era that you have played and home in OOC that aren't pushover teams.  SMU you beat by double digits I think, but only like by 11 so not a total blowout.  Oklahoma was like a 3 point game.  Point being, the trend you have established with blow outs at home is against inferior competition.  You haven't just run over good competition at home.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 09, 2014, 12:29:10 pm
You bully weaker teams.  Dayton isn't a typical MA cupcake.  SMU and Oklahoma are the only two quality teams I can think of in MA era that you have played and home in OOC that aren't pushover teams.  SMU you beat by double digits I think, but only like by 11 so not a total blowout.  Oklahoma was like a 3 point game.  Point being, the trend you have established with blow outs at home is against inferior competition.  You haven't just run over good competition at home.

No darn.  I'm familiar with Dayton and if we don't play well we could lose.  But as a Mizzou fan, you should know how this works.  Just when things have gone badly, here comes a great performance usually at home.