Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chill Out

Started by Smithian, December 07, 2014, 06:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

We had a couple rough road losses in nonconference. So, what, we'll fall out of the Top 25. World isn't over.

Calm down. Wait at least until conference play to declare the world is ending.

Plenty of time for either a great season or a not so great one. Too early to decide either way.

Razorback_Mack

That's a terrible loss. The SEC is weak. We could go 11-7 and not go to the tourney, so waiting on conference play is for lack of a better word "ignorant."

cjb86

This place is a ghost town all week we lose a game and 20 threads pop up in 5 min
CJ

devildog

Quote from: Smithian on December 07, 2014, 06:26:25 pm
We had a couple rough road losses in nonconference. So, what, we'll fall out of the Top 25. World isn't over.

Plenty of time for either a great season or a not so great one. Too early to decide either way.
SMILE

bigdaddyhawg

So all the talk about how important these games were for tourney qualification, that was what, just non-sense?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

40MINSOFHELL

Biggus Piggus

This was significantly worse than the Iowa State loss.
[CENSORED]!

Smithian

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 07, 2014, 06:30:02 pm
So all the talk about how important these games were for tourney qualification, that was what, just non-sense?
No. They were important games. Huge missed opportunities. But plenty of time to put together some quality wins.

bigred223

We can still turn it around, but this was a bad bad loss.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

At least we're not the 49ers

40MINSOFHELL

Thank god the rest of the non conference games are at home.

hawgmasta

It's too early to tell yet, but I am just personally disappointed because I thought we would make an example out of a bad Clemson team. We could still be top 3 in conference play; I just wanted to watch us take somebody out hard.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Smithian on December 07, 2014, 06:31:20 pm
No. They were important games. Huge missed opportunities. But plenty of time to put together some quality wins.
No there's not. There's only 2 quality teams in our league. Just not true.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Smithian on December 07, 2014, 06:31:20 pm

But you would agree that after getting demolished on the road by a good team, and getting beaten on the road by a weak team, that the turnaround required now is fairly major, wouldn't you?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HAM ELLIOT

At least our next loss shouldnt be until Jan 6th!

Knot2brite

I have been chilled out for ten years now...at some point it has to get hot...we are doing to same things every year...when does it stop? We, as fans , aren't privy to everything that goes into making a program or getting athletes. All we can do is watch and support. Well I am tired of watching a program,that should not have fallen to the depth, stay mired in a quagmire and nothing changing. We have gotten new coaches and new athletes and spent godawful amounts of money on new practice facilities and all that other BS and yet we get a program where the most fundamental aspects of the sport are non-existent and lacking an all I can hear is CHILL OUT? Hell I can tell you what is about to happen with me and several others...we are going to CHECK OUT and stop supporting the program if this is all we are going to get.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

proffitthog

This team is no different than last year.

Smithian

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 07, 2014, 06:34:10 pm
But you would agree that after getting demolished on the road by a good team, and getting beaten on the road by a weak team, that the turnaround required now is fairly major, wouldn't you?
I think it is time to reevaluate expectations. I bought into that "We'll sell out the arena every night! Tournament every year! Top recruits! Premiere program!" mantra once upon a time when we hired Anderson. Not any more.

I just want the Hogs to make the tournament. Don't have to be Top 25 to make the tournament. Just have to slip in. I think the Hogs can do it.

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 07, 2014, 06:30:46 pm

Correct, Iowa St will make the Big Dance, Clemson might not make their conference tournament.....

ICEman

This loss may fire us up more than any coaching magic that CMA could infuse into the team.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

urkillnmesmalls

Stay calm if you want to.  That's exactly why we lost the game.  No sense of urgency, when we HAVE to win games like this out of conference to make up for how terrible the SEC is this season.  I'm sorry you refuse to accept that, but that was an AWFUL basketball game.  We got lucky they missed in the second half, but then we just gave it away at the end with carelessness, no intensity, and LACK of a point guard. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hog Milanese

Uh, no, it's *not* too early. This was one of three chances to shine on the road before SEC play. We ended that stretch 1 and 2. Not good.

Even if we beat Dayton and finish out pre-SEC play undefeated, we'd have to win a LOT of road games in SEC play to make the tournament. Won't happen, or at least I've seen nothing in three years to think it will. That's unacceptable.

Smithian

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 07, 2014, 06:39:33 pm
Stay calm if you want to.  That's exactly why we lost the game.  No sense of urgency, when we HAVE to win games like this out of conference to make up for how terrible the SEC is this season.  I'm sorry you refuse to accept that, but that was an AWFUL basketball game.  We got lucky they missed in the second half, but then we just gave it away at the end with carelessness, no intensity, and LACK of a point guard. 
Yeah. That game stunk. But why did you expect more?

At least Hogs beat SMU. Still time to crawl into the tournament. That will be improvement.

Chasehog27

IM TIRED OF CHILLING OUT. IM TIRED OF BEING TOLD EVERY DAMN TIME THAT OUR TIME IS COMING. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE OUR YEAR AND WE ARE LOSING TO A TEAM WHO LOST TO WINTHROPE. YOU CANT EXPECT THINGS TO NOT GET HEATED WHEN IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. YOU CANNOT EXPECT FANS TO NOT BE MAD. YOU JUST CANT

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: proffitthog on December 07, 2014, 06:36:28 pm
This team is no different than last year.

I totally agree. More depth, but they're not ready for prime time yet.  We finished the game with a walk on.  I thought we were past that. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ICEman on December 07, 2014, 06:38:22 pm
This loss may fire us up more than any coaching magic that CMA could infuse into the team.

I remember that sentiment being shared after our previous loss.

How did that work out?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 07, 2014, 06:39:33 pm
Great post.

Smithian

Quote from: Chasehog27 on December 07, 2014, 06:40:40 pm
IM TIRED OF CHILLING OUT. IM TIRED OF BEING TOLD EVERY DAMN TIME THAT OUR TIME IS COMING. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE OUR YEAR AND WE ARE LOSING TO A TEAM WHO LOST TO WINTHROPE. YOU CANT EXPECT THINGS TO NOT GET HEATED WHEN IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. YOU CANNOT EXPECT FANS TO NOT BE MAD. YOU JUST CANT
Sit back and enjoy the process. Anderson just needs to sign a few more of his players and games like this will be wins.

Kevin

Bad loss.  Clemson will be in the bottom of the acc.

Best thing Clemson has is a coach. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tweeter

I think the problem is we have been chilled out for the last 15 yrs about our b ball program

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Smithian on December 07, 2014, 06:36:36 pm
I think it is time to reevaluate expectations. I bought into that "We'll sell out the arena every night! Tournament every year! Top recruits! Premiere program!" mantra once upon a time when we hired Anderson. Not any more.

I just want the Hogs to make the tournament. Don't have to be Top 25 to make the tournament. Just have to slip in. I think the Hogs can do it.

So you choose to accept mediocrity rather than question the leadership of this program?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Smithian on December 07, 2014, 06:40:26 pm
Yeah. That game stunk. But why did you expect more?

At least Hogs beat SMU. Still time to crawl into the tournament. That will be improvement.

Should I expect less?  This team should be improved over last year.  Same guys...another year of experience, and some good added recruits. 

Why should I NOT expect more?

I expect effort.  There wasn't any in the first half.  Then at the end of the game we played like a bunch of Fr.  Just abysmal.  How can that no disappoint a Hog fan? 

I'll say it...I think the football team is in better position than basketball, and I NEVER thought I'd say that.  But...our football team would beat a much larger percentage of the FBS teams than our BB team.  I'd say the football team is a legitimate top 25 team if we actually lined up and played them.  Basketball?  MILES from that.   

Kevin

Haters are just going to hate. You guys can just kick rocks, ma is here as long as he wants.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2014, 06:41:57 pm

you just said the will be at the bottom of the ACC but they have a good coach? 

BigoBoys

Don't tell me what to do

Porkem

It's funny how every time we lose, we get these "apologists" in here, yes apologists, who come in here and pump everyone full of sunshine. It's sickening. Let posters vent. It's healthier that way.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Smithian

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 07, 2014, 06:43:37 pm
So you choose to accept mediocrity rather than question the leadership of this program?
I wish things were better. I'm disappointed by Razorback basketball. I don't know how it's going to be better.

Facilities are improving. What else can change? Coaching? Remember our last two coaching searches? The Hogs don't have the ability to attract an elite coach. May as well ride with the coach we have who has previous success and bank on stability and his previous pedigree. Firing him (which would be costly financially) means another up and comer. Another up and comer could be the next Billy Donovan. Or the next John Pelphrey.

Let's stick with Anderson and see if this thing gets better. I still think Hogs make the tournament this year. That is improvement.

Knot2brite

I didn't gripe for three years because I know that it takes at least that long to make a program work. This is year four and the same stupid mistakes we made with the first class is the same stupid mistakes we are making with this years class. The only difference is that the players that are makin those mistakes are more talented...got to be a limit to the "wait until we get the players" mode

SultanofSwine

Smithian even if this team does some how sneak into the tourney, odds are high for a first round exit. That is nothing to be excited or encouraged about. This is a piss poor coached team and there has been little if any improvement in that area since mike got here. It's pel and Heath with a higher level of raw talent. Unfreakin scceptable

Smithian

Quote from: SultanofSwine on December 07, 2014, 06:49:01 pm
Smithian even if this team does some how sneak into the tourney, odds are high for a first round exit. That is nothing to be excited or encouraged about. This is a piss poor coached team and there has been little if any improvement in that area since mike got here. It's pel and Heath with a higher level of raw talent. Unfreakin scceptable
I call that improvement.

You'll take your tourney appearance this season and be happy with it.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2014, 06:45:20 pm
Haters are just going to hate. You guys can just kick rocks, ma is here as long as he wants.
And therein lies the crux of the problem. We have a whole group o people that still remember when Nolan was here and how he got pushed out and how that we didn't hire Mike when it was all over and in the process we get the same crap just a different year with better talent...something has to change...not yelling for a new coach I just want a fundamentally sound basketball team...

Danny J

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2014, 06:41:57 pm

I agree....this loss will be one that shows up under "bad loss" come selection time. What is sad is we had the game and just blew it.

root_hawg

Even if he doesn't make the tourney, he is not going anywhere until he wants to go.

Hogball

MA can't coach and our players can't play without good coaching.. SOS

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I've come to the realization that we peaked in 94.  Arkansas basketball is old news and times have changed and kids that are playing college basketball now for the most part were not even born when we were good.  It's like watching black and white film.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: Smithian on December 07, 2014, 06:50:21 pm
I call that improvement.

You'll take your tourney appearance this season and be happy with it.

No I wont. I will not be happy with such a piss poor team and would just about put $100 on this team not making the big dance.

Smithian

Quote from: nobballconcept on December 07, 2014, 07:00:07 pm
smithian is obviously blinded due to being related to MA or this administration to post stuff like this.
Kind of like with Heath and Pelphrey, I'll be one of the last to jump off the ship.

jry04

The good news is, win all of our home games like we should, and we only have to manage to win 3 SEC road games to get into the NCAAT. We have @MSU, @ AUB, @ Tenn, and @ Mizzou who are all going to be worse teams than Clemson.

latrops

Yes.  However, certain indicators are not promising.  First, we probably would have to win 12 regular season SEC games minimum.  That means only 6 more road losses are available, with @UK and @Florida on the schedule.  Florida is struggling, but they have the talent and coaching to possibly have things turned around by the end of January.  Probably not much margin for error, and there is little cause for optimism right now given Anderson's road woes going back to his days at Mizzou.  Clemson lost to Garner Webb and Winthrop, but beat us.  That doesn't say anything good about where we are right now.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 07, 2014, 06:30:46 pm

This loss will hurt in end. Look like another long year.