Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This loss means trouble folks

Started by UNCLE BACK, December 07, 2014, 06:09:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

Mikes job will now be in Jeapordy. If we can't make the dance this year, we lose Portis and Qualls along with the seniors.  :puke:

3kgthog

But all is well because Iowa St. is a good team and it was only one game. Oh wait...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on December 07, 2014, 06:09:03 pm
Mikes job will now be in Jeapordy. If we can't make the dance this year, we lose Portis and Qualls along with the seniors.  :puke:

Where is Qualls going? Please don't say NBA! Mike trusted his senior leadership and they failed him. Harris and Madden!

chortle

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 07, 2014, 06:10:05 pm
But all is well because Iowa St. is a good team and it was only one game. Oh wait...

And they were on fire.

Never mind they were on fire because we didn't defend.

Paul

You gotta be kidding me.  More excuses

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 07, 2014, 06:12:05 pm
Where is Qualls going? Please don't say NBA! Mike trusted his senior leadership and they failed him. Harris and Madden!

Real problems if seniors fail the coach in year 4.....

3of5-2

Don't put it on the seniors. MA has had them for 4 years.

RussVegas Hawg

We have no freaking clue what we are doing on the floor. We suck on defense and we suck worse on offense. we just plain SUCK!!!

hobhog

Players just do what they want. There is no plan or strategy.....

acepoker

Players have established their roles even as seniors. I was hoping they had turned the corner. Still more season left

Sonofahog

I'm at a loss for words. Usually in situations like this ,  I wanna Fire Nutt.  But I'm not sure even that would make me feel better.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

-Blu

No way to sugarcoat this.  Up by 6 with less than a minute, we have a brief lapse in judgement by one of our players, go into OT, missed a layup to put us down by 1, we deserved to lose this one.  I'm not player bashing here, but Qualls and Portis are the only guys we can depend on when we go on the road.  You can see in their face they refuse to lose, but everybody else their play on the road is completely different from playing at Bud Walton.

Biggus Piggus

MA keeps thinking he can put his starters on court and that'll fix everything, but they suck together. They do not have complementary skills. Deliberate losing. Wrong use of available talent. Very, very poor coaching.
[CENSORED]!

hamARchy in the USA

40 minutes of hell   4 years shot to hell

Dominicanhog

I think Mike just needs some speed at WR to get some separation, then we'll be OK.

Jeffcphog

Either Mike can't coach or the players are not listening tom him.  Even the analyst on the half time show was getting angry.

latrops

BJ Young, Courtney Fortson, Patrick Beverly...we have a history of sending guards to the NBADL/Europe early.

Razorbacks_77

They failed him? MA can't develop talent to save his life. MA has failed his team and the fans.

OLDHOG

BOYSCLUB BASKETBALL. That's ALL it is. So sick of it.

3of5-2

Quote from: latrops on December 07, 2014, 06:38:27 pm
BJ Young, Courtney Fortson, Patrick Beverly...we have a history of sending guards to the NBADL/Europe early.
Because they don't want to waste their senior year with this kind of mess.

jjdlc

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 07, 2014, 06:32:27 pm
MA keeps thinking he can put his starters on court and that'll fix everything, but they suck together. They do not have complementary skills. Deliberate losing. Wrong use of available talent. Very, very poor coaching.

I want to see mike succeed, I like this style of Basketball, and do not want to watch 10 more years of Heath/Pelphry types.  That said, Mike is going to have to make some changes on the road.  It's like you said, he goes with his starters, and it is NOT the optimal group.  They do not play good defense together, and they really don't have a good offensive flow.  He needs to shake things up, and give some of the new guys the start and see how they do.

razorbackkid

I wish M.A. had a see through skull, I've never seen a 3 million dollar peanut before.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Rhog

Madden is the turnover King at the end of ball games.
He dribbled us out of a victory again.
MA has got to understand that he is not the guy we want handling the ball down the stretch. He gets raddled and makes really bad decisions!!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 07, 2014, 06:32:27 pm

Sadly, I agree.  I was disappointed in a lot of things, but the biggest one is...why is Portis not more aggressive.  The kid has all the talent in the world, and he catches the ball isolated near the block, and then just passed it off to someone.  That HAS GOT TO CHANGE.  The offense needs to go through him on every possession.  To me...that's COACHING.  You do NOT shoot until the ball has reached Portis...pretty easy to me. 

What is so frustrating is...there's still not enough effort.  And this could turn around REALLY quickly if we had guys out there playing 110% defense.  We have the depth for it, but then we trap in the back court, and there is NO effort to try to steal the pass out of it.  What IS THAT? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

fullfan

Big time recruits want to be part of this.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a Monk announcement this week.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

root_hawg

hogfan10

Quote from: latrops on December 07, 2014, 06:38:27 pm

Those guys can dribble.

Otis

It looks exactly the same it has the last 4 years.  People need to just finally realize that this is how his teams play:

No offensive plays, just players creating on there own or for others.

We will give up easy layups and 3's because we switch no matter what. Leaving mismatches everywhere that good teams take advantage of

Rebounding will always suck because of this also

He will recruit athletes with little actual basketball skill to try to be able to scramble on D. Throw in one possible good scorer to help on the offensive end.

He won't play Portis and Kingsley together much, no matter how much people bitch. He believes it hampers his scrambling, switching D.

These are just a few things that won't change this year or any year. Once people realize this, maybe they will tamper down expectations and player blaming.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Otis on December 07, 2014, 06:55:45 pm
It looks exactly the same it has the last 4 years.  People need to just finally realize that this is how his teams play:

No offensive plays, just players creating on there own or for others.

We will give up easy layups and 3's because we switch no matter what. Leaving mismatches everywhere that good teams take advantage of

Rebounding will always suck because of this also

He will recruit athletes with little actual basketball skill to try to be able to scramble on D. Throw in one possible good scorer to help on the offensive end.

He won't play Portis and Kingsley together much, no matter how much people bitch. He believes it hampers his scrambling, switching D.

These are just a few things that won't change this year or any year. Once people realize this, maybe they will tamper down expectations and player blaming.

Agreed.  But this isn't new.  And Jeff Long should have known this when he was looking for a coach last time.

3of5-2

hobhog

The trouble is apathy. Losses like this just get shrugs these days.....

Season is young, but things will get ugly if we don't win big this year. Not looking good.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hobhog on December 07, 2014, 07:25:46 pm
The trouble is apathy. Losses like this just get shrugs these days.....

Season is young, but things will get ugly if we don't win big this year. Not looking good.

This is correct.  You can't point out obvious inexcusable losses without getting tons of shiz around here.  It is sad.  Road losses are accepted as "normal".

moses_007

Well, we had a 4 point lead with 52 seconds left, and we inbound the ball.  Just take care of the ball and we win easily.  But, we make three straight turnovers and they get us into overtime.  What a screwup at the end!!! 

chenalhog

Quote from: fullfan on December 07, 2014, 06:51:27 pm
Big time recruits want to be part of this.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a Monk announcement this week.

you forget about Monk coming here.  0% chance that happening  NBA is all about pick and row.  when last time you saw us pick & and roll or play held court offense

HF#1

If I was Mike, I would put this lineup on the court for the next game...

Beard
Bell
Qualls
Portis
Kingsley
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ballz2thewall

i'm going to say this and say it and keep saying it: [and i know y'all are tired of it].

we MUST establish a point guard.  not just a damn guard.

we MUST put somebody at low post, whether he can fully pull it off or not.

and on defense [head in forehands]!  start our best individual defensive players.  field the team for defense, not offense, and substitute from there.
The rest of the frog.

Sivad

Mike trusted his senior leadership and they failed him.
Can't top that one.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on December 07, 2014, 06:39:09 pm
They failed him? MA can't develop talent to save his life. MA has failed his team and the fans.

Winning every year has failed you? Check the record

Letsroll1200

W_KY_Hog

T.V. Caplinger

Mike Anderson has the worst record against the spread on the road of any head coach that has coached over 50 games. Even Vegas cannot adjust to how poor his teams do away from home.

Kevin

Beard
Bell
Qualls
Portis
Williams, limit his dribbling b

Gives you some scoring punch off the bench
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 07, 2014, 07:49:36 pm
Winning every year has failed you? Check the record
He hasn't made the tournament yet in his tenure. That, along with more than a few inexplicable losses every season he has been here has him at a failing grade with me.

hobhog

Won't look good on year end resume. Hogs painting themselves in a corner, and SEC schedule won't help.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hobhog on December 07, 2014, 08:17:56 pm
Won't look good on year end resume. Hogs painting themselves in a corner, and SEC schedule won't help.

This is the worst part.  This loss will probably hurt us badly down the line.

hawgalum1984

Quote from: Jeffcphog on December 07, 2014, 06:37:35 pm
Either Mike can't coach or the players are not listening tom him.  Even the analyst on the half time show was getting angry.

There is no coaching, no instruction....it's blatantly obvious.  ....didn't you hear the game the other night when the SEC network had the "Mike" on Mike....   It was like...  "Ok guys....need some energy out there......let's pick it up on defense......need some energy......don't see energy from you guys we're gonna put some guys in there with some energy"......    Heck, I could be a cheerleader....and for $2 Million plus per year....I could be a darn good one.

This is why you don't see a whole lot of player improvement either....some over a 3-4 year period.

LJHOG

Portis' game is not NBA ready.  I do not think he will leave. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hobhog on December 07, 2014, 08:17:56 pm

Hopefully the SEC teams won't be as good as Clemson.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: LJHOG on December 08, 2014, 08:22:56 am
Portis' game is not NBA ready.  I do not think he will leave.

I think just the opposite.  His game will translate well to the NBA.  It is this system where he doesn't have a defined role where he is struggling.  I think he leaves because of it.  Why cost himself money spending more time in a system that doesn't allow him to showcase his NBA game?