Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Ash

Started by RAZORHOGG15, December 05, 2013, 11:23:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORHOGG15

Well he did not have th year I am sure he hooed he would with our defense, but seems to be putting In some serious work on the recruiting trail.  First gets CJ Hampton to switch his visit and now seems he had his hands in a jimmy swain decommitment.  What are your guys thoughts.
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

RAZORHOGG15

Sorry I am on my phone.  I meant to say the year he hoped to have on defense

Wildhog

I like Ash.  Gonna give him a little time.  Hope he works out. 

He does seem to work hard on the recruiting trail.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HoggusMaximus

You can definitely tell he is putting in some work.

HogsInaBlanket

Seems like things are really heating up... But after the let downs on big time prospects in the last couple years I refuse to get my hopes up too high

redeye

I wish disappointed with some of our schemes this year, but I'm still expecting great things from coach Ash. As far as I'm concerned, all of Bielema's coaches deserve 3 years, unless Bielema thinks it's time for them to go.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: redeye on December 06, 2013, 01:49:24 am
I wish disappointed with some of our schemes this year, but I'm still expecting great things from coach Ash. As far as I'm concerned, all of Bielema's coaches deserve 3 years, unless Bielema thinks it's time for them to go.
He had nothing to work with this year. Zero cover guys so you can't afford to blitz. Sr DL were inconsistent. Not sure what you would have done schematically with only a couple SEC caliber players.

Boston RedHogs

While the schemes may center around the offense you are playing that week, they are predicated on your defensive personnel.

You have to work with what you've got.  I just can't conceivably hold too much against Ash this year as I feel we were severely deficient on that side of the ball; particularly with the LBs and secondary.

Hopefully his efforts will pay off on the recruiting trail.  He looks to be doing good things so far, let's hope it turns into some new commitments/signees.

31to6

He had to call the most basic of defenses.

It took forever to even find the right starting back 7, let alone get them all pointed in the right direction most of the time.

RAZORHOGG15

I am sorry dor the I posted this.  It was not supposed to be us looking back at the job that was done.  That part is over.  Lets look forward at the great work he seems to be doing on the recruiting trail.

RBLtoHOG

Hard to teach a bunch of sub sec caliber defenders to cover an sec caliber offense.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

hawgmasta

Unfortunately I think next year will still struggle a bit because well still be young at some spots. The way Ash has been recruiting and if he lands some of these guys years 3 & 4 could be big.