Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL RALLY POSTS HERE!!!! DO NOT START ANY NEW ONES!!!

Started by phoggy, January 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phoggy

January 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 05:30:05 pm by The Propaganda Machine
http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/179807/

I'm too far away to make it by 4
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Michael Porkleone

man..there are going to be tens of people there!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

BartIV

If there are 20 people at that rally, i will be suprised. No students will be there, just a couple of dedicated fans i imagine. i will not.

ray serbach

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: BartIV on January 24, 2007, 11:40:21 am
If there are 20 people at that rally, i will be suprised. No students will be there, just a couple of dedicated fans i imagine. i will not.
Bart - my mother-in-law bought me the movie that is your avatar.

I haven't been able to watch it but am excited to!
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

tobs54

jhog

Yep I heard that some of the players are not too happy about this and are planning on being around the Broyles complex this afternoon. 

phoggy

Quote from: BartIV on January 24, 2007, 11:40:21 am

You would think if someone went throught the trouble of getting the spot a few folks would show up.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

rasorback4life

Anyone know Mitch, he could be a good asset to be there.
Mediocrity Rules!!!

Nap

What happened to the original thread about this?  I can't find it
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

jhog

I heard some of the players are not too happy about the rally and plan on being around the Broyles complex this afternoon. 

Michael Porkleone

January 24, 2007, 11:43:30 am #11 Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:46:13 am by Yindao
nm

HOGINTENNESSEE

Gushugger

This is one of those things where either EVERYONE needs to show up or cancel it.  Frank will use it as ammo to say that only 50 people disagree enough to show up.  Bad idea.

rasorback4life

ANyone know Mitch, he would be an asset to be there.  Wish I wasn't in Cent AR, I would be there.
Mediocrity Rules!!!

BartIV

Yeah, i am glad i found it. let me know how the movie goes and if it is Arkansas related.

Rally will be a disappointment. No one will show up for this thing.

jrohog

The word is out and spreading fast....would expect a very large turnout and media.  I'll be there.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: BartIV on January 24, 2007, 11:46:50 am
Yeah, i am glad i found it. let me know how the movie goes and if it is Arkansas related.

Rally will be a disappointment. No one will show up for this thing.
It's a B maybe C movie and it is definitely not about arkansas.

Hollywood_HOGan

i think its a good idea only if it were at a better time and if people actually show.

This is taking a huge risk IMO.

LilRounDevil

All the darksiders need to be there.  This is the time to take a stand and show the world your power. ;)

Swynler Durden

Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:43:27 am
I heard some of the players are not too happy about the rally and plan on being around the Broyles complex this afternoon. 
I'm sure that really frightens people who plan on showing up. What are the players going to do about it? The organizers reserved that space for today so that no one else could show up and try to take it over. I'm sure the coaches are going to encourage the players to publicly come out and hurl obscenities at the fans. Better yet they could be the goon squad sent to rough everyone up. Yeah right, sending the players to the BC is the last thing I would be the least bit concerned with.

WPSRazorbacks

Does anyone know who started this idea of protesting by the Broyles Complex?
"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

fayhawgdawg

Quote from: WPSRazorbacks on January 24, 2007, 11:50:30 am
Does anyone know who started this idea of protesting by the Broyles Complex?

Some Genius.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 11:47:59 am
i think its a good idea only if it were at a better time and if people actually show.

This is taking a huge risk IMO.
Agreed, if I cannot get out of the office early it will be almost dark by the earliest I could get there and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. If this does not go EXTREMELY well then it will have been counterproductive.

Golden Hog Cain

Yes, I think this is funny. Of all the darksiders and people who voice there displeasure with the program, there might be 30 people there.

LMAO

HogasaurusRex

Guys, If only one person shows up it is a success.  Numbers are not the issue.  The issue is that there IS a protest.  People are tired of the lies, double talk, and lack of integrity on the hill.  Broyles is an idiot.  He says we can't hire a "big name' coach.  What does that say about Houston?  The Richardson trial shows that the Razorback Foundation has 200 million in its account and other money in other accounts as well; but we can't hire a big name coach with integrity?  Houston says he gave the offense to Gus, but then secretly offers the job to Lee LAST March.

Given what they did to Caleb Larru over 50 black t-shirts, if even one person shows up they are brave.  There are those on the Hill that would try and ruin those brave people, personally and professionally. 

After all they ARE Hog fans!

football17

the organizers are expecing 500-750

jhog

Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 24, 2007, 11:49:36 am
I'm sure that really frightens people who plan on showing up. What are the players going to do about it? The organizers reserved that space for today so that no one else could show up and try to take it over. I'm sure the coaches are going to encourage the players to publicly come out and hurl obscenities at the fans. Better yet they could be the goon squad sent to rough everyone up. Yeah right, sending the players to the BC is the last thing I would be the least bit concerned with.

I did not post it to scare anyone.  Coaches told them not to show.  But I bet they see your face if you do.

d1nonlyhogfan

I so wish that I lived in NWA right now. I'd be there in a heartbeat. As it is, I live in Bryant and work (at work now) in Little Rock.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

bhuie

All of the huggers (many with single or double digit posts) telling us how much of a disaster this will be are cracking me up.  All it shows is the intense fear that the huggers have that this effort to remove JFB/HDN is gaining momentum.  Can't be there physically, but I'm with all the protesters in spirit...

football17

Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:57:28 am

I did not post it to scare anyone.  Coaches told them not to show.  But I bet they see your face if you do.

and that means what? who cares if they see people's faces... goodness

Hollywood_HOGan

yeah thats a great idea. Have the players come out and threaten the fans.

Great pub for the program.

JaxnHog

Whether you are for it or against it, I think a lot of you are going to be surprised at the number that shows up.  You underestimate those students.

JAMAHog

Considering that RRS holds 72,000+ people, you'd have to have hundreds or thousands to make a real statement.  They probably use a couple hundred people to clean up RRS after a game! 

d1nonlyhogfan

If that happened, I think it would definitely be bad for Nutt's image. That might be exactly what needs to happen.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

HogHillbilly

I'm in the military..............It's frowned upon heavily.................So no
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

CCintherock

I'll be there and I know of many who will.  500-750 would be awesome but sounds pretty crazy.  100 sounds pretty good.  I have heard the same thing about big numbers though.
Nutt is a winner of the losers and a loser to the winners. Sounds like a Mediocre loser or winner.

jhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 11:58:22 am

You're talking about great pub?  I only wish they would, but they aren't going to be going fist to cuffs with a bunch of fans.

LilRounDevil

Quote from: football17 on January 24, 2007, 11:57:16 am

Boy, half a thousand to 3/4 of a thousand. That'll be pretty impressive. Well, we'll all be mighty proud of you.  Keep up the good work.

Swynler Durden

January 24, 2007, 12:03:02 pm #39 Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:04:49 pm by Swynler Durden
Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:57:28 am

You're probably right, wanna guess the over/under on how many recognize me?

More than you probably think. The guys I know and have talked to, also know how I feel about things up there.

JAMAHog

Wow, if the players did show up, it would just look like the protestors are demonstrating against the team!  That would make for an interesting twist on the evening news.....

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: LilRounDevil on January 24, 2007, 12:02:56 pm
Quote from: football17 on January 24, 2007, 11:57:16 am

Boy, half a thousand to 3/4 of a thousand. That'll be pretty impressive. Well, we'll all be mighty proud of you.  Keep up the good work.
Like I said, I expect tens of people.

jhog

If that is how you want to support them, then by all means go.  But don't show up the next time college game day is there.

JAMAHog

If the players do show up, it'll look like the protesters are demonstrating against the them.  That sure would make for an interesting twist on the evening news........

jhog

Be sure not to go the games or show up for college game day as well.

WPSRazorbacks

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 11:58:22 am

Having 500-750 fans publicly threatening the Athletic Department is also great publicity for the program.
"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

cal34

Its already gotten media coverage so in my book its a success. Keep up the good work.

Swynler Durden

jhog, get off it. The guys I know also know that I support them and my issue is with their coach and the AD. NOT, repeat NOT, them. They are ok with that.

And it really saddens me to learn that you won't let me come to Gameday if it comes back.

RAZORBART

January 24, 2007, 12:10:33 pm #48 Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:21:06 pm by RAZORBART
all this will do is add ammunition to JFB's 5%  theme.

have one on saturday @ baum stadium parking lot with tailgating,etc and draw a crowd when people are not working or trying to find a parking place on campus without getting a $20 parking ticket. BAD IDEA !!!!!

VANVONDENBURGH

You guys have way too much time on your hands if you are going to go protest.