Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL RALLY POSTS HERE!!!! DO NOT START ANY NEW ONES!!!

Started by phoggy, January 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:57:28 am

I did not post it to scare anyone.  Coaches told them not to show.  But I bet they see your face if you do.

THEY (WILL) SEE YOUR FACE IF YOU DO????

What is that supposed to mean?  Is one of them going to remember who was there, and beat someone up later...or bust a cap on him?

That is ridiculous. 

Furthermore, I'm not sure our players, even if they were that blindly and stupidly loyal to Nutt, would really want to tangle with some of the people who are fed up with HDN.  If they did, they might find that...like curbs...some of them can inflict a little damage of their own.

HogSophist

Quote from: BartIV on January 24, 2007, 11:40:21 am
If there are 20 people at that rally, i will be suprised. No students will be there, just a couple of dedicated fans i imagine. i will not.

false
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

jolicious

It can work - and with only one person.  Not a word has to be spoken, either.  I've got an idea but don't know anyone that's going.
If you're going, send me a PM.  

LA HAWG

Quote from: football17 on January 24, 2007, 11:57:16 am
the organizers are expecing 500-750

Let's see 500-750 for the protest,
72,000 for gameday. 

This is going to send the wrong message people. 

allyoucaneatbuffet

I'd like to see the turnout after-the-fact, and who knows, maybe you'd catch a few good movies worth Youtubing...

hogsnot06

NW Arkansan, no way I'm going.

For those of you going, be sure to hold up a sign saying, "Go away recruits!" That should really help the program.

LilRounDevil

This is the exactly right message to send.  Go darksiders!  Go get 'em tigers!

CCintherock

Quote from: RAZORBART on January 24, 2007, 12:10:33 pm
all this will do is add amminition to JFB's 5%  theme.

have one on saturday @ baum stadium parking lot with tailgating,etc and draw a crowd when people are not working or trying to find a parking place on campus without getting a $20 parking ticket. BAD IDEA !!!!!
Parking lots 72 &73 are reserved, no tickets.  Police will direct people.
Nutt is a winner of the losers and a loser to the winners. Sounds like a Mediocre loser or winner.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: hogsnot06 on January 24, 2007, 12:16:32 pm

For those of you going, be sure to hold up a sign saying, "Go away recruits!" That should really help the program.
No. They'll be holding up signs that say, "Go away FrankenNutt!" And that WILL help the program.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

LA HAWG

Feel free to tell these people they are hurting recruiting.  That is your right.  Please also call out HDN and the mafia for the irreperable damage they have done to recruiting over the last 9 years.

311Hog

For those of you going, be sure to hold up a sign saying, "Go away recruits WHO WANT TO WIN!" That should really help the program.

Fixed that for you

BartIV

I bet the local news will pick up the story. I figure thats why it starts at 4pm so the 5 pm news will have it ready.

hogsrmyfav36

Careful guys.  HDN is liable to send his personally bodyguard, Don Decker, over there to rough you up.

Seriously, though, the coaches better tell the players to STAY AWAY.  The worse thing that could happen is for some moronic fan to taunt a player and a brawl break out.

THAT would be bad for everyone
F&*!NG INTRANET

HogSophist

Not a bad idea. Thanks for the input.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

WPSRazorbacks

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 11:58:22 am
Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:43:27 am
I heard some of the players are not too happy about the rally and plan on being around the Broyles complex this afternoon. 

yeah thats a great idea. Have the players come out and threaten the fans.

Great pub for the program.

Having 500-750 fans publicly threatening the Athletic Department is also great publicity for the program.
"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

Nashville Fan

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 24, 2007, 12:15:26 pm

72,000 for gameday. 

Hold the rally before a basketball game and you would get a different total. Timing is everything.
Pittman or Bust!

HogSophist

Quote from: WPSRazorbacks on January 24, 2007, 12:19:22 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 11:58:22 am
I heard some of the players are not too happy about the rally and plan on being around the Broyles complex this afternoon. 

yeah thats a great idea. Have the players come out and threaten the fans.

Great pub for the program.

Having 500-750 fans publicly threatening the Athletic Department is also great publicity for the program.

threatening the athletic department?

hogsrmyfav36

By the way, no way I'm going.

Don't like HDN but I also don't think this will do anything but make everyone look bad
F&*!NG INTRANET

cityhog

72,000 for gameday. 

I strongly disagree.  This is the first time EVER that something like this has been done in Arkansas.  Much like the ad.  This keeps the pressure on.  Obviously the more the better, but the fact that someone has reserved the space to protest speaks volumes.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: BartIV on January 24, 2007, 12:18:59 pm
I bet the local news will pick up the story. I figure thats why it starts at 4pm so the 5 pm news will have it ready.

A yeah................They will.................This has never happened before...............News stations statewide will carry this............You might even see it on ESPN tomorrow
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Hollywood_HOGan

the message that this will hurt recruiting is a farce.

recruiting has already been shot with the top 3 players not going to arkansas.

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

LilRounDevil

Quote from: cityhog on January 24, 2007, 12:21:18 pm

72,000 for gameday. 

I strongly disagree.  This is the first time EVER that something like this has been done in Arkansas.  Much like the ad.  This keeps the pressure on.  Obviously the more the better, but the fact that someone has reserved the space to protest speaks volumes.

Exactly right.  Don't let anybody tell you that it will hurt things.  Get out there and protest away, folks.  This will make things much better.

LA HAWG

Quote from: cityhog on January 24, 2007, 12:21:18 pm

72,000 for gameday. 

Good point City Hog.  Very good point.  This will get people at least wondering why people are protesting.

tobs54

Quote from: bhuie on January 24, 2007, 11:58:15 am
All of the huggers (many with single or double digit posts) telling us how much of a disaster this will be are cracking me up.  All it shows is the intense fear that the huggers have that this effort to remove JFB/HDN is gaining momentum.  Can't be there physically, but I'm with all the protesters in spirit...

Well I have a few more posts so I guess my opinion matters more so here it is:  I think this will be a disaster if not enough show up.  I admire the enthusiasm, just am not sure about this "protest."

PigKahuna

What will you guys at the "protest" say to the players if you wind up face to face with them at this protest?  You'll probably see some, no doubt. 

Will you blurt out "nothing personal" or something like that??

Just wondering.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:26:06 pm
What will you guys at the "protest" say to the players if you wind up face to face with them at this protest?  You'll probably see some, no doubt. 

Just wondering.

Ask them "so how did it feel humiliating the lives of 2 of your freshmen 'teammates', Butu?  KJackson?  ?"

rasorback4life

If I were able to go, I would tell them that this isn't about them and we still support them, but it is about the integrity of the AD and HC.
Mediocrity Rules!!!

LA HAWG

Who cares?  The beef is not with the players.  What are they going to have an all out brawl in the Pit or something?

PigKahuna

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 24, 2007, 12:27:07 pm

Just wondering.

Ask them "so how did it feel humiliating the lives of 2 of your freshmen 'teammates', Butu?  KJackson?  ?"

I am asking those who are going, not people who aren't.  You wouldn't say that.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 24, 2007, 12:21:42 pm
Quote from: BartIV on January 24, 2007, 12:18:59 pm

A yeah................They will.................This has never happened before...............News stations statewide will carry this............You might even see it on ESPN tomorrow

That's why i am afraid the turnout will be too small, if not, nonexistant.

WILL CLINTON

Why would anyone change their stance just because it is a player??  No one on here hates the players, or is upset with them (except for the Mitch hatin huggers).  It is the coaches that are the problem. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hawgasaurus

If I were going I would tell them to transfer while you still can!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Hollywood_HOGan

Just wondering.

Ah yes
More threatening posts from the huggers that the players will "beat them up".

We all support the hogs.

We dont support the nutt

cityhog

PigKahuna

Quote from: dubyacee on January 24, 2007, 12:28:01 pm
Why would anyone change their stance just because it is a player??  No one on here hates the players, or is upset with them (except for the Mitch hatin huggers).  It is the coaches that are the problem. 

I'm not arguing that point.  I'm just saying, if you see DMac or Monk or someone standing there watching, do you say anything to them or what?

PigKahuna

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 12:28:38 pm

Just wondering.

Ah yes

We all support the hogs.

We dont support the nutt

If that is what you got from my post, your reading comprehension isn't very good.

BartIV

I have a feeling the players will show up and it may get interesting. I figure the players will take the spotlight away from the protester and all will be forgotten.

LA HAWG

If there are going to be players out there then HDN and Frank need to be out there too.  If HDN and Frank are not going to be there then they need to keep their team away from the protest to prevent something bad happening. 

JAMAHog

Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:57:28 am
Quote from: Swynler Durden on January 24, 2007, 11:49:36 am
I'm sure that really frightens people who plan on showing up. What are the players going to do about it? The organizers reserved that space for today so that no one else could show up and try to take it over. I'm sure the coaches are going to encourage the players to publicly come out and hurl obscenities at the fans. Better yet they could be the goon squad sent to rough everyone up. Yeah right, sending the players to the BC is the last thing I would be the least bit concerned with.

I did not post it to scare anyone.  Coaches told them not to show.  But I bet they see your face if you do.

And if the players were to show up, it'll look like the team is being "rallied" against.  That would be interesting on the news.....

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:28:49 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on January 24, 2007, 12:28:01 pm

I'm not arguing that point.  I'm just saying, if you see DMac or Monk or someone standing there watching, do you say anything to them or what?

I wouldn't single any player out, but I wouldn't have any problems letting them know what I thought.  I also don't have a problem letting any coach I may see know what i think also.  I keep hoping for Nutt to make a trip back down to Fordyce so I can find him and give him a piece of my mind. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

silvertip

Just wondering.

If I was there, I would just say, "It's about JFB/HDN."

If they had something to say, I would listen. If they wanted to ARGUE, I would just say, "We're not having this discussion," and turn away.

I would imagine that the "protesters" have permission from UA administration. So I'm sure "security" will be on site. The players would not intimidate me.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:29:22 pm

Just wondering.

Ah yes

We all support the hogs.

We dont support the nutt

If that is what you got from my post, your reading comprehension isn't very good.

"what are you gonna do when the players show?"

What else does that insinuate?

Huggers are ridiculous

King-Tusk

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

LA HAWG

Be careful if you go.  I was at the U of A During Nutt's first 4 years.  I remember Chuckwuma walking down Stadium Drive with a nine in his hand.  Don't get capped!!!

BartIV

HDN and Frankie will not be there. They won't care about the 30 or so people that show up. The problem is, we complain about the program all year long, but at the start of the season we buy those tickets. Until people stop buying tickets, nothing will change. Thats a fact.

artyhog

Just wondering.

Ah yes

We all support the hogs.

We dint support the nutt

What is threatening about his post?

Nothing in it is threatening.

And you call Huggers spin doctors.

hogsanity

Just wondering.

Ah yes

We all support the hogs.

We dont support the nutt

Where is the threat in this post?  All I see is a legitimate question.  If a player comes out to the protest, and asks one of the dozen or so there why they are doing this, what will be said to them?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Feralhog

This isn't about the players.  Make no mistake, the coaches could keep the players from showing up if they really wanted to. Players showing up to protest the fans could lead to  real dissention from the fans toward the players.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

PigKahuna

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 12:31:16 pm
Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:29:22 pm

Just wondering.

Ah yes

We all support the hogs.

We dont support the nutt

"what are you gonna do when the players show?"

What else does that insinuate?

Huggers are ridiculous

Um, those words you are quoting is nowhere in my posts.