Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did JP get the message about Brewer SR?

Started by Hogs4Ever, March 10, 2006, 09:34:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs4Ever

I only saw one shot of Brewer SR last night unless I missed one.  Quite a change from Sunday when you would have thought he was the head coach, lol. :D

fusbal11

Wooo Pig

taintlint

I'm sooooooooooooo sick of the Brewer Sr. mandatory JP segments. Last night was no different. It was "triplets this" and "triplets that". Blah, blah, blah....... Please drop the Brewer Sr. crap. It's old.

BlakeHOGfanatic

I agree they don't have to show him so much, but he's a college basketball legend at the hogs and his son plays for us.  They have a right to talk about him.

taintlint

Quote from: BlakeHOGfanatic on March 10, 2006, 10:25:44 am
I agree they don't have to show him so much, but he's a college basketball legend at the hogs and his son plays for us.  They have a right to talk about him.

You are right and they have....... ALL DAMN SEASON LONG FOR HALF OF THE ENTIRE GAME!!!! Not to mention they did the same his first 2 years here. 3 years in and it's kinda sorta played out.

HogHeathen

Good god man...take it easy...they make a mute button for tv remote controls these days

chillinhoggie

Quote from: HogHeathen on March 10, 2006, 10:31:36 am
Good god man...take it easy...they make a mute button for tv remote controls these days
Maybe the greatest invention of all time. especially when Barry Booker is calling the game

socalhogcaller

Quote from: HogHeathen on March 10, 2006, 10:31:36 am

Some people just have to have something to complain about, obviously.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Any talk about Arkansas is good talk.  Let the fans and whoever else is watching know what a tradition we have and that Brewer Sr. was a big part of it, and that he was a pro and a high draft choice.  Sing the praises of Arkansas to the rafters to all that will listen.  Maybe it also says to the parents "let your kid play for Arkansas and we will get you on TV", another good recruiting too.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pragmatic PiG

I did have it muted but am wondering, did they talk about Ronnie's shooting style due to his broken arm earlier in his life?

Even my dog knows about that now...... ;)

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 10, 2006, 11:34:19 am
I did have it muted but am wondering, did they talk about Ronnie's shooting style due to his broken arm earlier in his life?

Even my dog knows about that now...... ;)

They did.

Mr.Mabry

Any coverage on former Hog greats is good coverage. Remember that we play different teams each game and their fans are also watching. I'd rather see Sr. up there and hear about the triplets than the tennis stars boy at Florida. Do you ever see Noah's Dad at the games?

If we think this is old news think about what our rivals are thinking when they show ole Mr. Brewer is the stands. I think it's kinda funny if you ask me. Dang all they can talk about is Arkansas and the Triplets I sure wish we had that kind of tradition!

Go Hogs!

Ish O

Quote from: taintlint on March 10, 2006, 10:23:41 am
I'm sooooooooooooo sick of the Brewer Sr. mandatory JP segments. Last night was no different. It was "triplets this" and "triplets that". Blah, blah, blah....... Please drop the Brewer Sr. crap. It's old.

Uhhhhh, the triplets put Arkansas basketball on the map. You are either too young to remember him as a player or you don't know squat about Arkansas basketball history.

razorson

Wasn't Steve Schall on that team and who was the 5th starter? I wonder how they feel each time the triplets are mention  as the only ones responsible for getting the hogs in the final4 that year. The 3piglets were great no doubt, but it must be frustrating for the others who contributed to the success of this team.

SupaCrawf

Am I the only one that listens to the radio and watchs the TV with no sound?  Much better than the idiots JP gets to do the games.
I'm kind of a big deal.

Hawgin84

Quote from: razorson on March 10, 2006, 12:03:59 pm
Wasn't Steve Schall on that team and who was the 5th starter? I wonder how they feel each time the triplets are mention  as the only ones responsible for getting the hogs in the final4 that year. The 3piglets were great no doubt, but it must be frustrating for the others who contributed to the success of this team.

Jim Counce wasn't it?

taintlint

Quote from: Ish O on March 10, 2006, 11:44:01 am

Uhhhhh, the triplets put Arkansas basketball on the map. You are either too young to remember him as a player or you don't know squat about Arkansas basketball history.

No. I know all about them. I learned about them in the 80's when I started to follow Razorback basketball. If I had not learned about them in the 80's, Jefferson Pilot has spent the past 3 seasons neglecting the games at hand so that they can give us 5 million screen shots of Ron Brewer Sr. and give us a run down of the triplets. It's old, tired, and unless you want me to own you, I suggest you pick an argument with someone other than me because If need be, I will put a red ball in your mouth and sodomize you right here on this board.

razorson

Quote from: Hawgin84 on March 10, 2006, 12:11:26 pm
Quote from: razorson on March 10, 2006, 12:03:59 pm

Jim Counce wasn't it?
You could be right.                                                                                                                                                                                                              

razorburn

i think that starting five was delph, moncrief, brewer, counce, and schall.....is that correct?  i was only 13 at the time.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 10, 2006, 11:21:11 am
Any talk about Arkansas is good talk.  Let the fans and whoever else is watching know what a tradition we have and that Brewer Sr. was a big part of it, and that he was a pro and a high draft choice.  Sing the praises of Arkansas to the rafters to all that will listen.  Maybe it also says to the parents "let your kid play for Arkansas and we will get you on TV", another good recruiting too.

i tottaly agree, if thinks keep going the way they are we might be back to the hogs of old before you know it. even tho i do miss 40 minutes of hell

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: taintlint on March 10, 2006, 12:30:08 pm

No. I know all about them. I learned about them in the 80's when I started to follow Razorback basketball. If I had not learned about them in the 80's, Jefferson Pilot has spent the past 3 seasons neglecting the games at hand so that they can give us 5 million screen shots of Ron Brewer Sr. and give us a run down of the triplets. It's old, tired, and unless you want me to own you, I suggest you pick an argument with someone other than me because If need be, I will put a red ball in your mouth and sodomize you right here on this board.

ouch, that sounds like it would be uncomfortable     :puke:

mountainhog

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 10, 2006, 12:36:13 pm

ouch, that sounds like it would be uncomfortable     :puke:
what is this brokeback hogville.net now!!

Ugly Uncle

Tradition, tradition, tradition.

I want future recruits watching to remember or learn about the fact that Arkansas has been in the past a basketball power house.  That we are on our way their again.  Publicity is a good thing.

That being said, I like when they talk about Sr. because that was when I first remember watching the hogs.  I was pretty young, and they were my first basketball hero's.  So, I kind of get that "good ole days" thing going on.  Some with my feelings of nostalgia I can't really be that objective about this topic.  But I love when they show Sr. and talk about him.
Retired Radio Host

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: razorburn on March 10, 2006, 12:33:10 pm
i think that starting five was delph, moncrief, brewer, counce, and schall.....is that correct?  i was only 13 at the time.

I believe that's right.

Ish O

listen buttmunch, why don't you go for it. Go ahead and try to own me you faggot. i'll stomp on your pathetic little face gayboy.

pfrg999

Hey ... Hey...Hey... That IS one of the "Triplets"... Taint... Dammit you were doing so well...If you Just heard about them in the 80"s you are NOT old enough to remember how Important they Were, ARE and WILL BE to the Razorback program... Dude.... Get real
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Queen Hog

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 10, 2006, 12:07:55 pm
Am I the only one that listens to the radio and watchs the TV with no sound?  Much better than the idiots JP gets to do the games.

I do that too, although last night I listened to the TV for the first time in a long, long time.  They were very complimentary of the HOGGGGGs.  It was a nice change.
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Ish O on March 10, 2006, 01:34:08 pm

listen buttmunch, why don't you go for it. Go ahead and try to own me you faggot. i'll stomp on your pathetic little face gayboy.
CATFIGHT CATFIGHT!!!!!!

chillinhoggie

Especially when Barry Booker is calling the game

juke

We have one of the greatest basketball programs of all time.  The '78 team is legendary among Arkansas fans.  I hope one day we see players from the '90 and '94 teams in the stands with TV commentators talking about them.  And here's to 20 years from now they'll be talking about Brewer and his Sweet 16 team of '06 and Final Four in '07!

GorillaJMonsoon

No i do it too, but lately they have been out of synch, especially if i rewind to look at something, when i go back to live, it is a couple seconds off. 

pfrg999

Quote from: juke on March 10, 2006, 02:59:01 pm

We have one of the greatest basketball programs of all time.  The '78 team is legendary among Arkansas fans.  I hope one day we see players from the '90 and '94 teams in the stands with TV commentators talking about them.  And here's to 20 years from now they'll be talking about Brewer and his Sweet 16 team of '06 and Final Four in '07!

Excellent Point... +1
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Lando Calrissian

Some of you guys get riled up over the most trivial things.

WHO CARES if they show Ron Sr. between plays.

I'd be concerned if they were breaking away, mid-play to show him, but why NOT show him after Ronnie tip jams it over 3 guys?

Sheesh...

Whiners.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

CalHog

Will someone please break out the cheese and crackers?

tbhogfan

I would be happy if they would show the BALL, instead of someone jogging back on defense, especially in situations where either someone is in the press, or someone is pushing the ball aggressively downcourt.  I don't care who or what they show when there is no action on the court.
Go Hogs!

Extra Point

ZERO appreciation for Hog basketball players who started the run that has led to Arkansas being considered a top 10 program all-time.  I think Boot deserves the attention.

Kudos to you.

akp4105

the worst thing i heard all night was when brewer threw that long lob pass up the court and one of the announcers said, "that looked like mitch mustain" or somethin like that..and then went on about him..its a freakin basketball game

Mr.Mabry

The Mustain reference was not missed by me either. Funny the kid hasn't even put the uniform on yet and they reference him. Shows how much is expected from him IMHO.

Big things are coming guys...... Very big things.

Go Hogs!

HBTHogs

they always do that stuff, it's not that bad.  Remember when we used to play Eli on espn.  That was bad.

94 Hawg

in case you missed it, here is RB SR's photo
He was a member of the "triplets"  Moncrief, Brewer & Delph at UA in the late '70s
Just for taint.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: akp4105 on March 10, 2006, 05:52:04 pm
the worst thing i heard all night was when brewer threw that long lob pass up the court and one of the announcers said, "that looked like mitch mustain" or somethin like that..and then went on about him..its a freakin basketball game

*pulls hair out*

What is WITH you guys!!!!!?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

94 Hawg

lol Lando, someone said it earlier. they need something to complain about and the dang hogs keep winning games. ;D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers