Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimbo had a good 1st season

Started by Pudgepork, December 30, 2018, 08:04:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudgepork

8-4 with a bowl game to be played.  Thats a good transition year and he has added a very very good recruiting class.
This last season they finished 2nd in the sec west.  That 7 OT win against lsu assured that finish.

How many 9-4yrs before the natives get restless?

2019 theyll have bama at college station then on the road to

Clemson
UGA
Ole Miss
LSU

checkraiser88

December 30, 2018, 08:10:38 pm #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 08:40:52 pm by checkraiser88
I guess. Until he wins more than Sumlin did, I won't be that impressed.

NuttinItUp

Wish we could recruit like the Ags...

However, I hope that Jimbo flames out at A&M.

Hope we can beat them before a decade has passed...(only got 3 more years!)

LZH

Out of the frying pan and into the fire......

sickboy

I know A&M has been OK, but I don't know how Jimbo managed to get the #3 class in the country at A&M. They're usually floating around 20-15 in the rankings. Guy is one heck of a recruiter.

But you gotta win more than 10 or 11 games when you're pulling in top 3 classes. Fans are going to expect championships.

Willyhog87

The success of their season turned on the 7 ot LSU game. If they would've lost that game everyone would've said his first year was a disappointment, but since they won most people see it as a success. I do think he's improving them though, which means it may be awhile before we can finally beat them again.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 30, 2018, 08:04:31 pm
8-4 with a bowl game to be played.  Thats a good transition year and he has added a very very good recruiting class.
This last season they finished 2nd in the sec west.  That 7 OT win against lsu assured that finish.

Clemson
UGA
Ole Miss
LSU

When I see things like this, I feel even less sorry for UCF.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Willyhog87 on December 30, 2018, 08:17:28 pm
The success of their season turned on the 7 ot LSU game. If they would've lost that game everyone would've said his first year was a disappointment, but since they won most people see it as a success. I do think he's improving them though, which means it may be awhile before we can finally beat them again.

And he needed every single call to go his way in OT to win it, and that's exactly what happened.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

NuttinItUp

Quote from: sickboy on December 30, 2018, 08:13:57 pm
I know A&M has been OK, but I don't know how Jimbo managed to get the #3 class in the country at A&M. They're usually floating around 20-15 in the rankings. Guy is one heck of a recruiter.

But you gotta win more than 10 or 11 games when you're pulling in top 3 classes. Fans are going to expect championships.

^^This^^

Hope they don't challenge Bama for the top spot in the SEC-West, but even if they are #2 in the West, that is a major accomplishment for the Ags.

LZH

A&M sees themselves as having overtaken Texas as THE program in the Lone Star State.  If he goes something like 24-15 over the next three years, his agent will be pimping him to any other P5 program who will listen......because he'll be toast in College Station (unfairly or not).

NuttinItUp

Quote from: LZH on December 30, 2018, 08:19:27 pm
A&M sees themselves as having overtaken Texas as THE program in the Lone Star State.  If he goes something like 24-15 over the next three years, his agent will be pimping him to any other P5 program who will listen......because he'll be toast in College Station (unfairly or not).

God, I hope this doesn't happen. The Ags will be unbearable if it does.

LZH

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 30, 2018, 08:20:58 pm
God, I hope this doesn't happen. The Ags will be unbearable if it does.

Ha!  They're pretty damn unbearable now as it is.

I just wonder what their pain threshold is considering his big buyout if he spends the next few postseasons in Liberty Bowls and Texas Bowls.  Similar to Auburn and Gus.  Will be fun to watch as long as neither one gets on a huge roll and winds up in the freaking playoffs.

arlhog

A&M has outrecruited the shorthorns for a while.   As a program  it's hard to say they aren't their even at least.  It's the jimmy's and joe's more than the x' and o's. 

PORKULATOR

They will never be anything but Aggies and Jimbo is scum. You can keep your Fisher/Aggie love to yourself.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

LZH

Quote from: arlhog on December 30, 2018, 08:29:47 pm
A&M has outrecruited the shorthorns for a while.   As a program  it's hard to say they aren't their even at least.  It's the jimmy's and joe's more than the x' and o's. 

Yeah I read a link on here a week or two ago that noted only 3 of the top 25 blue chip players in TX high schools are committed to the Longhorns.

Ouch.

31to6

He's a great recruiter, but remember Sumlin pulled in a #5 class and multiple top-10s.

Pigcrazy

aTm has a built in recruiting advantage similar to LSU with the sheer number of quality recruits close by. Maybe even bigger. 

greasy_corner

Other than the fact that our football coach is an tied-and-true aggie, what does this have to do with Arkansas Football?

1highhog

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 30, 2018, 08:04:31 pm

Clemson
UGA
Ole Miss
LSU

There is no way in HELL that Jimbo can do well at the Aggies, because most of Hogville said he wouldn't make it there.  Well, it's only his first year, but he sure started off with one heck of a recruiting class, and if those damn Aggies beat us this coming season, then I'm saying he's doing just fine there.

I hate the Aggie, yes more than the Tide, the Tigers, that's all three of them, and just slightly less than the shorthorns.  If Chad can't beat the Aggie, which is what he is, in year 3, then have mercy on that man.  Because I'm going to toilet paper his whole yard and house and swim butt naked in his swimming pool.

LZH

Quote from: 1highhog on December 30, 2018, 10:36:14 pm
and swim butt naked in his swimming pool.

Make sure you pee while you're at it.......

sowmonella

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2018, 08:10:38 pm
I guess. Until he wins more than Sumlin did, I won't be that impressed.

He really left Florida State in good shape.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Pudgepork

Quote from: greasy_corner on December 30, 2018, 10:26:29 pm
Other than the fact that our football coach is an tied-and-true aggie, what does this have to do with Arkansas Football?

Because us old folks grew up hating aggy and shorthorn.  An observation of a conference foe. 

Arkansas Fan

I still don't think Jimbo will do any better than Sumlin. The SEC West is tough. Alabama, LSU, Auburn will be tough to beat, and Miss State will be decent. Although I think in time we'll see Moorehead just inherited a good program left over from Mullen. I also think Ole Miss will still be a team that can surprise you if you overlook them. And last but not least, Arkansas will be back. Jimbo will see how tough it is. I still see 7-5/9-3 being his records. Not bad but not good enough for the money he's being paid.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 30, 2018, 11:02:32 pm
I still don't think Jimbo will do any better than Sumlin. The SEC West is tough. Alabama, LSU, Auburn will be tough to beat, and Miss State will be decent. Although I think in time we'll see Moorehead just inherited a good program left over from Mullen. I also think Ole Miss will still be a team that can surprise you if you overlook them. And last but not least, Arkansas will be back. Jimbo will see how tough it is. I still see 7-5/9-3 being his records. Not bad but not good enough for the money he's being paid.
I thought that when he first took the job but this season he impressed me.  Not against Arkansas because that was one of the worst games they played but they had Clemson on the ropes, played Bama as tough as anyone in the regular season, did a nice job in the development of Kellen Mond, and of course is recruiting his arse off.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; A&M joining the SEC was the worst thing to happen to Arkansas since we joined the league. also bad for LSU as they are the other close SEC team.    It gives Texas kids a chance to play in the best league without leaving the state.  We need Texas to be a dominant program again so the best HS players there will want to be a Longhorn rather than an Aggie. I think they will be the most likely second place team in the west behind Bama for the forseeable future.  They also have money to burn, have a huge alumni base, are currently the second largest school in enrollment in the country and will spare no expense to improve their program.  It ticks me off as they may be now my most hated SEC team passing up Auburn and Florida. 

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 30, 2018, 11:14:35 pm
I thought that when he first took the job but this season he impressed me.  Not against Arkansas because that was one of the worst games they played but they had Clemson on the ropes, played Bama as tough as anyone in the regular season, did a nice job in the development of Kellen Mond, and of course is recruiting his arse off.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; A&M joining the SEC was the worst thing to happen to Arkansas since we joined the league. also bad for LSU as they are the other close SEC team.    It gives Texas kids a chance to play in the best league without leaving the state.  We need Texas to be a dominant program again so the best HS players there will want to be a Longhorn rather than an Aggie. I think they will be the most likely second place team in the west behind Bama for the forseeable future.  They also have money to burn, have a huge alumni base, are currently the second largest school in enrollment in the country and will spare no expense to improve their program.  It ticks me off as they may be now my most hated SEC team passing up Auburn and Florida.

I'll say Jimbo did a good job making A&M a much more physical team compared to Sumlin, and it was just his first year. That's saying something. I completely agree A&M coming into the SEC was bad for us. They're actually my number one most hated team. I don't like their fans, especially now that they've beaten us this many times in a row, and Jimbo comes off as such a [CENSORED].

1highhog

1highhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 30, 2018, 11:14:35 pm

It still chaps my hide that so many on here went out of their way welcoming the Aggie to the SEC, thinking it would be a good thing, somehow helping us and helping our recruiting, what boneheads.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: 1highhog on December 30, 2018, 11:44:00 pm
It still chaps my hide that so many on here went out of their way welcoming the Aggie to the SEC, thinking it would be a good thing, somehow helping us and helping our recruiting, what boneheads.
agree. Never understood how them joining was a good thing. Totally  idiotic philosophy

rljjr

Quote from: 1highhog on December 30, 2018, 10:36:14 pm
There is no way in HELL that Jimbo can do well at the Aggies, because most of Hogville said he wouldn't make it there.  Well, it's only his first year, but he sure started off with one heck of a recruiting class, and if those damn Aggies beat us this coming season, then I'm saying he's doing just fine there.

I hate the Aggie, yes more than the Tide, the Tigers, that's all three of them, and just slightly less than the shorthorns.  If Chad can't beat the Aggie, which is what he is, in year 3, then have mercy on that man.  Because I'm going to toilet paper his whole yard and house and swim butt naked in his swimming pool.

Your commitment is impressive.

MuskogeeHogFan

I suspect that won't last but Texas playing a P.O. Georgia team in their bowl game isn't going to help them regain top footing in Texas.

I know Fisher had some program problems at FSU but I still find it hard to believe that any HC who over their 8 years at a school managed to win an average record of around 10-3 and averaged signing the #5 class each year, would want to go to Texas A&M and play in the SEC. I mean, why in the world?

As someone else said above, out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 31, 2018, 06:50:14 am
I suspect that won't last but Texas playing a P.O. Georgia team in their bowl game isn't going to help them regain top footing in Texas.

I know Fisher had some program problems at FSU but I still find it hard to believe that any HC who over their 8 years at a school managed to win an average record of around 10-3 and averaged signing the #5 class each year, would want to go to Texas A&M and play in the SEC. I mean, why in the world?

As someone else said above, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The frying pan quote was me, because I agree with you 100%.  If you've won a NC and are doing well in the ACC, why jump ship to the meat grinder SECW?  He either got crossways with the AD/$$$, or just couldn't turn down all that money A&M offered.  The grass is usually not greener in coaching.

Hoggish1