Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Flow on Smoker ????

Started by BR, July 26, 2015, 04:50:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Howdy all........ Have a question. Have my MES 40 inside my Tiki Bar, have had it in there for 3 years now not an once of problems. Only use A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER 5X8 with sawdust and a few pellets in it... It is vented outside with commercial grade dryer vent... Only open door when absolutely needed.... Was wondering??? Thinking about adding a 4" variable speed fan on end of venting outside to help with a little more air flow? Has anyone done such a thing? What do you think?
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PharmacistHog

Are you concerned about the resulting temperature increase?  Seems like it would jack up your tempersture controls.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

BR

All I want is just a minor amount of air, I think it would help the pellets burn cleaner...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on July 28, 2015, 05:31:54 pm
All I want is just a minor amount of air, I think it would help the pellets burn cleaner...

Just seems like more air will give you a hotter temperature. If you have a calibrated temperature setting I thing it will screw up your calibration. Im not too familiar with your smoker but if you have a variable temp setting you would probably want to use an oven thermometer with the fan to make sure your temp setting is correct. Other than that, I think it would work fine.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hoghappy

Don't ask Bill Clinton. He doesn't know anything about airflow while smoking.

BR

Quote from: hoghappy on July 28, 2015, 06:56:09 pm
Don't ask Bill Clinton. He doesn't know anything about airflow while smoking.
Ok whatever........

DeltaBoy

A computer fan with a speed control inside the duct should work.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.