Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

26 degrees and 6 inches of snow outside...time for chili!

Started by Boarcephus, January 30, 2010, 02:55:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Making a big batch as I type.  Got some Fritos to throw on top when it's ready and some Nathan's Hot Dogs for chili dogs next week.

If any of you guys want a good recipe, let me know and I can fix you up.  Guarantee you'll like it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

February 02, 2010, 06:19:16 pm #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:10:46 pm by Boarcephus
Quote from: Boar on February 02, 2010, 12:23:28 pm
Bring it!  Always like trying something different every now and again.

Here you go....

chop 2 medium onions, 1 pablano pepper, 2 jalapeno peppers and add to 1 pound Jimmy Dean regular sausage and 1 pound of hamburger meat.   

Cook till done, drain the grease and add....
2 large cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans Rotel
1 can Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2 TBS Chili Powder
2 1/2 TBS Gran. Garlic
1 TBS Paprika
1 TBS Cumin
1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
small palm full of salt.

Once it starts to simmer, add about 1/3 block of Velveeta Cheese and let that melt in.    Let it cook for an hour or so then dive in.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Shag66

I like the way you think.  That looks like some good stuff..

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shag66 on February 02, 2010, 09:46:23 pm
I like the way you think.  That looks like some good stuff..

It's good plus it's easy to make.  You don't have to buy a lot of different stuff.  If you want to take the heat out of it, cut the cayenne pepper and core the jalapenos.  I made it one year and substituted extra hot Rotel.  Just wanted to kick it up a notch and literally could not eat it. 

Got the idea for the cheese from a restaurant in Tulsa.  He used it to take the bite out of it and it works.

DeltaBoy

Thanks Boarcephus  I am always cooking Chili and I rarely make it the same way twice.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

fritolayhog

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 03, 2010, 07:12:20 am
It's good plus it's easy to make.  You don't have to buy a lot of different stuff.  If you want to take the heat out of it, cut the cayenne pepper and core the jalapenos.  I made it one year and substituted extra hot Rotel.  Just wanted to kick it up a notch and literally could not eat it. 

Got the idea for the cheese from a restaurant in Tulsa.  He used it to take the bite out of it and it works.

Make it as hot as you want, then add black olives in.  Believe it or not, they'll calm down the heat some, and you'll still get the health benefits of the capsicum.  I know, I know...it's not traditional, but it works, and if you like black olives as much as I do you'll go for it.  :)

fritolayhog

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 02, 2010, 06:19:16 pm
Here you go....

chop 2 medium onions, 1 pablano pepper, 2 jalapeno peppers and add to 1 pound Jimmy Dean regular sausage and 1 pound of hamburger meat.  

Cook till done, drain the grease and add....
2 large cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans Rotel
1 can Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2 TBS Chili Powder
2 1/2 TBS Gran. Garlic
1 TBS Paprika
1 TBS Cumin
1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
small palm full of salt.

Once it starts to simmer, add about 1/3 block of Velveeta Cheese and let that melt in.    Let it cook for an hour or so then dive in.

That looks pretty good, but I'd use fresh garlic instead of dried.  I'd use smoked cheddar, as well, because I can't stand Velveeta.  Yuck.