Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch what you say about our players on social media.

Started by rhog1, January 03, 2018, 01:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://twitter.com/antonbeard31/status/948418384580005888

I don't know how to post the twitter image or I would. Apparently some of our so called fans have been tearing in to beard on twitter for missing that shot. His mom is upset about it and urging all parents of our recruits to send their kids elsewhere where fans support the players.  I am sure all the players were upset about the loss last night too. They and there parents don't need to here it from fans.

Kevin

Every fan base has idiots.
Not enough adults in the world
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Breems

Any respectable program is going to deal with this. It doesn't matter. Tens of thousands will continue to spend their time and money to go watch and support Beard and the Hogs. Overreacting all around.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Razorback_Mack

3of5-2

The world is full of idiots that make stupid comments and post stupid pics on social media. The world is also full of snowflakes that want to live in some sort of "safe space" and hope that everything is given to them and nobody will ever be mean to them. Life ain't fair! If yo momma believes she has to get on social media to stand up for you, maybe you need to have a talk with yo momma. Beard has come a long ways since his screw up a couple of years ago, I doubt it bothers him what other people say about him. He obviously made a commitment to be in the best shape of his life, and I have no problem with him taking the last shot of any game.

Hawg Red

That anyone would think that a fanbase exists where that type of thing does not happen is beyond reason.

That said, I hate what we have idiots who claim to be Razorback fans that do/stuff like that to our recruits and players.

Fan701

Quote from: Kevin on January 03, 2018, 01:30:14 pm
Every fan base has idiots.
Not enough adults in the world
But we might have more than our fair share.  Some on here tear our players down mercilessly, often with little cause, or out of ignorance.  I can't help but remember the threads we had on here about what should be done to Jalen Barford in the shoplifting snafu.  Even after it was found out that the reports were erroneous and the police and news outlets had apologized to him, we had fans insisting he must be guilty of something.  It was sickening.  The picking on Beard, Thompson, Thomas, Cook and a few others goes on and on.  Their crime?  Even though they are clearly giving their best, they make mistakes, miss shots, make turnovers.  I wish the moderators would immediately trash these sorts of comments.  They hurt the morale of current players and hurt recruiting of future players.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Breems on January 03, 2018, 01:33:49 pm
Any respectable program is going to deal with this. It doesn't matter. Tens of thousands will continue to spend their time and money to go watch and support Beard and the Hogs. Overreacting all around.

Yes but the thing is for every ahole that hates on an Arkansas kid we need 100 shouting him down and lifting up the kid, telling him we got his back and know that he will get them next time.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Fan701 on January 03, 2018, 02:14:35 pm
But we might have more than our fair share.  Some on here tear our players down mercilessly, often with little cause, or out of ignorance.  I can't help but remember the threads we had on here about what should be done to Jalen Barford in the shoplifting snafu.  Even after it was found out that the reports were erroneous and the police and news outlets had apologized to him, we had fans insisting he must be guilty of something.  It was sickening.  The picking on Beard, Thompson, Thomas, Cook and a few others goes on and on.  Their crime?  Even though they are clearly giving their best, they make mistakes, miss shots, make turnovers.  I wish the moderators would immediately trash these sorts of comments.  They hurt the morale of current players and hurt recruiting of future players.

This is also truth.  You get the feeling they sit at the ready for the team to make a misstep so they can fire away on here or social media ripping into MA and the players.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MountieDawg

SEC!

TNhawgfan

I'm glad i don't use twitter. Seems like it's not worth the drama. Having said that, I'm sure every fanbase does this crap
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Danny J

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 03, 2018, 07:01:15 pm
I'm glad i don't use twitter. Seems like it's not worth the drama. Having said that, I'm sure every fanbase does this crap
Especially at the more "elite" universities...just read the UK boards after a loss.

hawkhawg

This kind of stuff is so stupid, but at least people are beginning to care if we lose again.

rzrbackramsfan

theFlyingHog

Probably wasn't even Arkansas fans tweeting at him. Smh

Adam Stokes

For real guys, no need to go to Twitter when we can just bash him here.

The funny thing though, is that he has increased his FG%, FT%, rebounds, and A/TO per 36 minutes this year, and is only 1% lower on his 3PT shooting. He had an effective FG% of 64% last night. It's just that we've talked him down enough that we notice his mistakes more. If Mike didn't want him shooting that three he had enough time to call a timeout.

If anything the Twitter people are just giving Auburn players trash talk ammunition for Saturday. "Awww, did your momma have to go on Twitter for you because you got your feelings hurt?"

The Hogfather

Wait, in today's world, you can't criticize a player for his play?  That's not allowed?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 03, 2018, 07:44:16 pm
For real guys, no need to go to Twitter when we can just bash him here.

The funny thing though, is that he has increased his FG%, FT%, rebounds, and A/TO per 36 minutes this year, and is only 1% lower on his 3PT shooting.

Which still aren't great numbers and he still makes the wrong decision nearly every single time.  So frustrating.  He has some good tools.  Just can't seem to turn the corner.

HogInThaGrove

Momma and her poor (Sr)son need to both nut up and take criticism and praise equally.  He is still getting a free education and getting to play college ball, they should both be thanking their lucky stars he's not a felon and locked up. Counterfeiting is no joke, the secret service deals with that stuff, not the local popo's. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2018, 07:47:32 pm
Which still aren't great numbers and he still makes the wrong decision nearly every single time.  So frustrating.  He has some good tools.  Just can't seem to turn the corner.
Is there a Beard that plays for another team or clearly you don't know your A$$ from a hat. Beard has played great all season, he took the shot, it was bad, give it up or do better next time, end of discussion. Beard has as much to do with our success the last 2 seasons as anyone. Only people who know the game would understand this fact.

Fan701

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 03, 2018, 08:04:47 pm
Is there a Beard that plays for another team or clearly you don't know your A$$ from a hat. Beard has played great all season, he took the shot, it was bad, give it up or do better next time, end of discussion. Beard has as much to do with our success the last 2 seasons as anyone. Only people who know the game would understand this fact.
You're absolutely right.  While Beard isn't as good as Macon, Barford, or Gafford.  He's our fourth best player.  The criticism he gets on here is way over the top.  He's a fine player, and played a good game last night.  He was left uncovered at the end last night, maybe hurried the shot too much, could have gotten a little closer, but the shot was on line just short.  I'll never understand why we have some fans who seem to hate our coach and hate our players, but they come out of the woodwork after every loss to let you know how bad our coach and players are.  I don't think it will ever stop as stupid as it is.

The Hogfather

What in the literal Frank?  You are him, his friend, or are related to him.

hawgball40

he played a pretty good game, hit some big shots and make some good plays, but with the game on the line and a final chance to win, he choked and shot an airball 3. it is what it is. no reason to sugar coat it.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Fan of Beard. In fact, this is overall my favorite hog team in any sport in a while.

Anybody, especially grown men, chirping these young men is embarrassing to read as a fan and makes me cringe a little.   

synthartist69

Leave Beard alone... we have a good team... don't screw it up

alohawg

He's done much more good than bad this year, but there's no way around it-  that decision to jack up a 35 ft  hero shot air ball is not senior leadership, it's dumb and selfish.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hawg Red

I don't know how you can hold that opinion. If that were true, I'd have to think he wouldn't have the nearly 2-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio he does currently.

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 04, 2018, 10:28:46 am
I don't know how you can hold that opinion. If that were true, I'd have to think he wouldn't have the nearly 2-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio he does currently.

Nor would he have Coach A's trust, which he obviously does.

hawgball40

Quote from: Breems on January 04, 2018, 10:38:23 am
Nor would he have Coach A's trust, which he obviously does.
And the entire fanbase collectively groans the choice.

Breems

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 04, 2018, 10:28:46 am

Good gosh.  Do I really have to explain what exaggerating is?

A majority of his "turnovers" don't show up as turnovers in the box score.  They show up as missed FGs (forced shots by him when other players are in much better positions to score) or they don't show up at all (throwing to the wrong guy when there are multiple options).  He might not turn it over, but it leads to a worse shot than we should've had in the situation.

hogfan10

Quote from: alohawg on January 04, 2018, 01:53:18 am
He's done much more good than bad this year, but there's no way around it-  that decision to jack up a 35 ft  hero shot air ball is not senior leadership, it's dumb and selfish.

I didn't think it was a bad shot, I doubt he knew/realized he had more time on the clock. I'm usually pretty critical of AB, because I think he takes a lot of bad shots or makes bad decisions at times when we really don't need them. He seems to at times not understand the situation. With that said, I thought he played his best game Tuesday night (at least of this year), and again, I didn't think it was a bad shot given the circumstances. The things that can be questioned down the stretch are JB's decision making, the play coming out of the time out, and whether we should have used a time out prior to the last shot.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 04, 2018, 03:37:19 pm
I didn't think it was a bad shot, I doubt he knew/realized he had more time on the clock. I'm usually pretty critical of AB, because I think he takes a lot of bad shots or makes bad decisions at times when we really don't need them. He seems to at times not understand the situation. With that said, I thought he played his best game Tuesday night (at least of this year), and again, I didn't think it was a bad shot given the circumstances. The things that can be questioned down the stretch are JB's decision making, the play coming out of the time out, and whether we should have used a time out prior to the last shot.

I agree.  I don't fault him for the shot at the end of the game.  I was surprised to see Barford throw him the ball at that point and he probably was, too.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2018, 07:44:18 pm
Wait, in today's world, you can't criticize a player for his play?  That's not allowed?
Surely you are smart enough to recognize the difference between criticizing a player for his play and being a massive jackhole.

Actually, nevermind.
All Gas, No Brakes!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 04, 2018, 03:49:49 pm
Surely you are smart enough to recognize the difference between criticizing a player for his play and being a massive jackhole.

Actually, nevermind.

Ooooooooh....burn!  In today's world, they are treated the same.

DuckTalesLOL

That whole Twitter convo has nothing to do with fans bashing Beard. It was in reference to a tweet from Reggie Perry about "ice in your veins?" that was referencing Beard's final shot of the game.

Reggie Perry deleted the tweet after because he's an idiot that got paid to play for MSU in the "Dump".

Fan701

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 06:48:38 pm
That whole Twitter convo has nothing to do with fans bashing Beard. It was in reference to a tweet from Reggie Perry about "ice in your veins?" that was referencing Beard's final shot of the game.

Reggie Perry deleted the tweet after because he's an idiot that got paid to play for MSU in the "Dump".
Interesting.  Still, I wish our fans wouldn't slam our players so much. Obviously, some are more skilled than others, but as long as all are trying their hardest to win we should be for them not against them.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 06:48:38 pm

So Perry does not know the difference between Beard and Macon. How long was he committed to Arkansas?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.