Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K. Edwards is GONE!

Started by FBREW000, March 18, 2015, 12:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

B501

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 12:52:09 pm
Starting to remind me of Coach Pelphrey. When you keep having the same trouble with the same people over and over, look in the mirror. Discipline means taking marginal young men and molding them.

Bull. NOT even close. He has a LOT more players to worry about than a basketball coach does. Not only that no matter what some players will not just like any children a parent has do not want and cannot be "molded". ALL coaches lose players to off the field issues.  Discipline means setting standards and holding those to be met by players and being constant in your discipline. Prisons are FULL of men that parents did everything they could to "mold" them and it didn't work out. If everyone was "moldable" then we wouldn't need prisons or even courts. Heck the military "molds" their soldiers yet STILL they have to kick some out sometimes and they deal with people the same age as college athletes all the time..........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 01:22:55 pm
Continues to violate team rules, do you want to know each transgression? I thought you were the "insider", surely you know.....

So you know each one? I do know that the starting point of the problems with Korliss, Jo Jo, Kendrick, and to a lesser extent Alex Collins started over the same disagreement. I know what KM did that was supposedly the last straw, although, once again it was just allegations and no laws were broken. I also know once you make CBBs doghouse, it is extremely hard to get out.

Once again, I like the guy, I hope he makes it big. I can still question some of his decisions when there looks to be a pattern developing.

It's funny so many folks want absolute transparency in you Government, but none is okay in an athletic program that we all give so much money to support.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

twistitup

Kendrick needs to just lay down, have a good bleed....then get back up and go do his thing

There's a warrior in there somewhere - keep your head up Kendrick
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jkstock04

"Not a talent based decision." So with a that I'm going to assume either grades or "other" shenanigans. With the silver spoon tutoring & class scheduling these guys probably have access to its beyond me how grades could ever be an issue.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 12:57:32 pm
As a heart attack. Jo Jo will be next.

It doesn't matter who is or isn't next...........It only matters that they know the standards they are expected to meet and they adhere to them and if not they know the possible consequences. We aren't talking about 4 year old kids.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:34:42 pm
So you know each one? I do know that the starting point of the problems with Korliss, Jo Jo, Kendrick, and to a lesser extent Alex Collins started over the same disagreement. I know what KM did that was supposedly the last straw, although, once again it was just allegations and no laws were broken. I also know once you make CBBs doghouse, it is extremely hard to get out.

Once again, I like the guy, I hope he makes it big. I can still question some of his decisions when there looks to be a pattern developing.

It's funny so many folks want absolute transparency in you Government, but none is okay in an athletic program that we all give so much money to support.

LOLOLOLOL did you just compare the government to the University of Arkansas Athletic Program? And I thought that I took the hogs serious, you are a next level kind of fanatic.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 18, 2015, 01:36:58 pm
LOLOLOLOL did you just compare the government to the University of Arkansas Athletic Program? And I thought that I took the hogs serious, you are a next level kind of fanatic.

I don't take them seriously at all. Read my post history. It's entertainment. I will have as much fun this weekend playing a round of golf and taking in a couple of nice restaurants in Jacksonville area as I will watching the Hogs. But, you are probably correct, at this point in my life I take sports more seriously than I do the Government.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

It isn't a disagreement, it's a team rule, pretty simple. The laws broken were Bielema's, that's all that matters. You would agree that the players dismissed were given a chance to adhere to these rules, and chose not to?

reddogjcss

If he can't DO RIGHT! Than send him packing! No one player is bigger than the team!
I'm glad coach B hold to being UNCOMMON!

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:41:59 pm
I don't take them seriously at all. Read my post history. It's entertainment. I will have as much fun this weekend playing a round of golf and taking in a couple of nice restaurants in Jacksonville area as I will watching the Hogs. But, you are probably correct, at this point in my life I take sports more seriously than I do the Government.

Well that's easy, the government is a joke.

Wildhog

I'd love to enjoy a round of golf this weekend, but it's probably going to be too wet.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

He's been a college coach for a lot of years now and you are the only one that seems to see a "pattern" problem with him and his dicipline.

HSVhogfan2

I do. Sometimes the difference between a manager and a leader is knowing what triggers certain individuals and motivating them accordingly to stay within said rules. Again, I hope CBB succeeds big time. Going to take more than Oline, RBs and TE, though.

I have to get on a plane. Feel free to flame away.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:47:10 pm
I do. Sometimes the difference between a manager and a leader is knowing what triggers certain individuals and motivating them accordingly to stay within said rules. Again, I hope CBB succeeds big time. Going to take more than Oline, RBs and TE, though.

Some are never going to listen now matter what method you use to motivate them..........................

ricepig

And you know that he didn't offer these "triggers", do you think he should have 125 different sets of rules? I understand that each player is different, but when kids are given multiple chances to adhere to the programs rules, there has to be a line in the sand.

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 18, 2015, 01:50:11 pm
Some are never going to listen now matter what method you use to motivate them……………………..

He knows that.  He's just trying to get a rise out of people.

Decent little troll.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

Quote from: hoglady on March 18, 2015, 12:43:02 pm
Remember that well.
And in the long run it makes life so easier for everyone. Adhere to the rules or hit the road - doesn't matter whether you're a 5 star or a walk on (the same rules apply).

...and isn't that refreshing!?  Send, once more, a message to anyone getting lazy or careless...

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 01:44:39 pm
I'd love to enjoy a round of golf this weekend, but it's probably going to be too wet.

If you end up going, Kendrick has a little extra time on his hands...

southarkhog06

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:02:17 pm
So you know exactly what he did? I'm a fan of responsibility to the program and transparency.
maybe he didnt make what KE did public b/c he didnt want to embarrass the kid?

HogShat

Like the Coach Lou rule. My Daughter and three other girls on her HS softball team got caught returning to campus from lunch without properly checking out, (not together), and were put into In School Suspension for 3 days. Coach K ran their guts out, then told them it was over and done, sentence served, time to not dwell on it and get back to work. Period. Told me, I got it dad. If it happens again, I dont think she will be playing ball. Coach loves her girls beyond the diamond, same as CBB does his guys.

Its really simple. Any of you Fairview guys on here from back in the 80's and early 90's will remember this. Freshman orientation. Principal Paul Brewer had 3 rules. Follow them and you will have an enjoyable 4 years at Fairview High School...

Be where you are supposed to be...

Be there on time...

Act right when you get there...

These 3 rules I have never forgotten and go way beyond High School... Best of luck to KE...

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 01:54:23 pm
If you end up going, Kendrick has a little extra time on his hands...

Well, it's spring break, they all will be free.....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 01:56:43 pm
Well, it's spring break, they all will be free.....

Does Coach B just turn them loose like a bunch of Miss St Bulldogs?

I doubt it....but maybe

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 01:51:28 pm

Decent little troll.

If true he succeeded.................

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 01:51:28 pm

Decent little troll.
I especially liked the "I will enjoy my golf and fine dining as much as hog sports this weekend" and "I have to get on my plane".

I wont call it a great troll but above average.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 01:58:33 pm
Does Coach B just turn them loose like a bunch of Miss St Bulldogs?

I doubt it....but maybe

Yep, some are going down to Cancun with my son. He said there was a group of around 100 going there.

The_Iceman

26.2Hog

Here is some life saving advice, son.

Don't get ON the plane

Get IN the plane.

You're welcome.

twistitup

March 18, 2015, 02:12:26 pm #78 Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:36:32 pm by twistitup
Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 02:05:21 pm
Yep, some are going down to Cancun with my son. He said there was a group of around 100 going there.

Why? Do they enjoy bumping fists w cartel members?

But for real, Cancun makes a trip to Panama Beach seem like Chucky Cheese's...keep us updated on roster spots opening up

OTTER

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:16:36 pm
Please explain my agenda, Mr Hog Insider. LMAO.
After reading your posts, I can only surmise that your agenda is to consistently out asinine your last one.  And feller, you succeed 100% of the time at doing that.  Congratulations!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: 26.2Hog on March 18, 2015, 02:10:54 pm
Here is some life saving advice, son.

Don't get ON the plane

Get IN the plane.

You're welcome.

Excellent advice.

bp

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: HF#1 on March 18, 2015, 01:09:41 pm
Gotta be honest, we probably can't afford to lose Jojo...
I enjoy your posts but must say that our program is not dependent upon two players.
We can lose Kendrick Edwards and any other player/players that don't 'do the right thing'.

For an interesting read ; This describes Lou Holtz and his suspension of 3 star players before the '78 Orange Bowl, and the meltdown/federal lawsuit that followed.
We survived, and thrived.
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1667091

" GO HOGS "

PorkRinds

Anyone think he ends up at Miami?

regi

I saw 2 pages about a 3 star receiver booted from team and wondered why? Than I saw a quick agenda driven response....as usual. Never change Hogville...never change.

OLDHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 18, 2015, 02:27:20 pm
Anyone think he ends up at Miami?
He can go to Oklahoma, they don't care about rules.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 02:12:26 pm
Why? Do they enjoy bumping fists w cartel members?

But for real, Cancum makes a trip to Panama Beach seem like Chucky Cheese's...keep us updated on roster spots opening up

Yeah, I think they like the all inclusive, I know that would have been important back in my college days.

I don't know if it's a school sponsored trip, or just a big group going there, he and big group went last year.

presidenthog

Quote from: UAfanatic on March 18, 2015, 01:14:14 pm
The transparency is You Don't Need To Know.

I appreciate the coach keeping a young man's lifes mistakes private.
You've said the issue is in the mirror, that Bielema is at fault for not molding.

I say BS, this is the process of molding, and some people need to hit rock bottom before they change. I can't mold them, you can't mold them, their mom couldn't and a coach can't

If someone chooses not to follow the rules provided them, and given opportunity to make adjustments or leave, and they choose to leave by not adhering to the rules..

then they don't care enough to stay..

We should not allow special exceptions to the rules based on talent at the expense of integrity.

It sounds like you would not run things with that level of integrity.
Sadly getting kicked off a football team is not rock bottom for most.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:11:43 pm
Nope. He won.

I have said from the beginning that I like CBB, so don't start a pissing match about CBB VS Petrino. A pattern may be developing, however, with certain "higher risk" players being let go, just like the assistant coach turnover.

You are obviously not going to have "off field" problems if you let ever high risk kid go or don't recruit them in the first place. You are also not going to have many 10 win seasons in the SEC west. If you bury your money in the ground, it will be safe, but you will never grow rich.

This will be a close runner up to stupidest post of the year.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

collegestationhog

JoJo wont leave til after spring ball. Probably wont come back after summer break. Sad about those guys

PorkRinds

Quote from: collegestationhog on March 18, 2015, 02:42:08 pm
JoJo wont leave til after spring ball. Probably wont come back after summer break. Sad about those guys

I wouldn't count him out just yet.  There's a good chance you're right, but it's not a done deal.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 02:39:07 pm
Yeah, I think they like the all inclusive, I know that would have been important back in my college days.

I don't know if it's a school sponsored trip, or just a big group going there, he and big group went last year.

I figured they went all inclusive and in style. I can't picture all of them just wingin' it like Che

Cancun here we come

pigsareflying

Starting to remind me of Coach Pelphrey. When you keep having the same trouble with the same people over and over, look in the mirror. Discipline means taking marginal young men and molding them.
smh, uncommonly ignorant post! 

BorderPatrol

Quote from: pigsareflying on March 18, 2015, 02:51:06 pm
  smh, uncommonly ignorant post!

You must not have read the rest of his posts in this thread. It gets better.

bp

hogfan870

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 18, 2015, 12:36:36 pm
Heard that yesterday. Didn't want to "spread rumors".

Yeah - I heard it two days ago - I guess before you did.

Seriously though - Hate it that we lost him, but if we end up with a more disciplined team out it, it is probably a good thing. 

hogfan870

I sure hope Reed makes it in the fall.

wholehog92

I don't understand how KE's actions get a more severe reaction from coach than Beanums.

Who cares! Coach is awesome and KE needs gone.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

pigsareflying

Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 18, 2015, 02:52:54 pm
You must not have read the rest of his posts in this thread. It gets better.

bp
I did, I just posted this before I read the entire thread.  His ignorance apparently is common for him!  WPS!

Deep Shoat

That's stupid.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:00:05 pm
I don't understand how KE's actions get a more severe reaction from coach than Beanums.

Who cares! Coach is awesome and KE needs gone.

You think it might have something to do with that being Tevin's first offense, and Kendrick being on (at least) his third chance?  Just maybe?
1909/1964/1965/1977

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:05:23 pm
You think it might have something to do with that being Tevin's first offense, and Kendrick being on (at least) his third chance?  Just maybe?

or how a player handles adversity- Tevin responded well, Ken maybe didn't..