Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K. Edwards is GONE!

Started by FBREW000, March 18, 2015, 12:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:05:23 pm
You think it might have something to do with that being Tevin's first offense, and Kendrick being on (at least) his third chance?  Just maybe?

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 03:08:45 pm
or how a player handles adversity- Tevin responded well, Ken maybe didn't..

I don't know I wouldn't want to speculate.  You have a story discussing those possibilities?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:13:18 pm
I don't know I wouldn't want to speculate.  You have a story discussing those possibilities?

Not sure what you're looking for, but I know for a fact that KE had at least a couple of incidents last year, and was given a second (and third) chance to get his act together.  He obviously didn't. 

I can't get too bent out of shape when he did it to himself.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:14:46 pm
Not sure what you're looking for, but I know for a fact that KE had at least a couple of incidents last year, and was given a second (and third) chance to get his act together.  He obviously didn't. 

I can't get too bent out of shape when he did it to himself.

I missed those stories.  Got a link?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:17:18 pm
I missed those stories.  Got a link?

Not really.  After a google search, I see some tweets that he was on a one week suspension in November of last year.  I know there was another issue earlier this year concerning academics.

And then whatever he just did to get the boot. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogInTigerLand

Can someone say exactly what he did or didnt' do?  PM me if needed.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogInTigerLand on March 18, 2015, 03:22:33 pm

According to CBB last week it was because of missing class or meetings. 

Wildhog

Quote from: HogInTigerLand on March 18, 2015, 03:22:33 pm

We know that at least one of his issues was that he was missing a lot of class.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogNdazs

Just curious I know he was tall and had some good hands, does he have pretty good speed too?

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:21:10 pm
Not really.  After a google search, I see some tweets that he was on a one week suspension in November of last year.  I know there was another issue earlier this year concerning academics.

And then whatever he just did to get the boot. 

Sounds solid.  What a cancer this kid must have been.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:24:39 pm

I'm not saying anything like that.  For all I know he's a good kid that just has his priorities mixed up.  But what do you expect to happen when you break your coach's rules time and time again?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Razorback Nation @RazNation
Follow
BB: Cameron was with us yesterday. Nobody should be out for this weeks game.  Kendrick Edwards was on a one week suspension last week
12:04 PM - 17 Nov 2014
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogInTigerLand

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:23:29 pm
We know that at least one of his issues was that he was missing a lot of class.

Was/is it the same issue with JoJo?  Do people really think he's gone after the spring?

Wildhog

Quote from: HogInTigerLand on March 18, 2015, 03:29:02 pm
Was/is it the same issue with JoJo?  Do people really think he's gone after the spring?

The only thing I know on Jojo was what CBB said in the presser the other day.  Showing up late to meetings.

He did get arrested (and subsequently released) after NSD, before getting to campus, for being in the car with some robbery suspects when they got collared.  I don't hold that against him, but I bet CBB had some words with him concerning his judgment.

Really hoping he can get it together.  He's far too talented not to.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: HogInTigerLand on March 18, 2015, 03:29:02 pm

Bielema said he called his Mom yesterday, they had a long talk and he has been doing everything required of him.

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:25:50 pm
I'm not saying anything like that.  For all I know he's a good kid that just has his priorities mixed up.  But what do you expect to happen when you break your coach's rules time and time again?

I'd like the staff to take an interest in teaching the young man the value of going to class so that he is motivated to do it.

I recall a discussion with Gruden talking about working for I think Dr. Lou mentioned earlier in the thread.  It was about players learning the playbook.  A key player wasn't getting it done.  His point was that it was his job to teach that player the playbook whether he liked it or not.  How do you make a player do anything?  You make it important to them.  That's the job of the coaches.  It's hard.  That's why they make good money.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:34:53 pm
I'd like the staff to take an interest in teaching the young man the value of going to class so that he is motivated to do it.

I recall a discussion with Gruden talking about working for I think Dr. Lou mentioned earlier in the thread.  It was about players learning the playbook.  A key player wasn't getting it done.  His point was that it was job to teach that player the playbook whether he liked it or not.  How do you make a player do anything?  You make it important to them.  That's the job of the coaches.  It's hard.  That's why they make good money.

And how do you know they aren't doing that with other troubled kids?  We only hear about the more serious cases.  Sometimes, especially after repeated efforts, it's just best to move on.  Help the kid find a landing spot and wish him the best.

Also, from what I've heard, he didn't take Randy Shannon leaving very well.  Maybe the game just isn't as important to him as it is to some.

You can't save everyone.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Attrition has really gone down under Bielema than under previous coaching staffs.  This tells me that he's reaching the kids.  We all know he cares about them. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

wholehog92

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:24:39 pm
Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:25:50 pm
Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:36:07 pm
And how do you know they aren't doing that with other troubled kids?  We only hear about the more serious cases.  Sometimes, especially after repeated efforts, it's just best to move on.  Help the kid find a landing spot and wish him the best.

Also, from what I've heard, he didn't take Randy Shannon leaving very well.  Maybe the game just isn't as important to him as it is to some.

You can't save everyone.

Say what you mean.  Edwards was a serious problem or no?

I wouldn't think we needed to save that many since we recruit such high character kids to begin with.  Should be a pretty small job really.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:39:42 pm

Say what you mean.  Edwards was a serious problem or no?

I wouldn't think we needed to save that many since we recruit such high character kids to begin with.  Should be a pretty small job really.

You do know you can be a good kid and still have problems, right?  It's not that difficult to understand.

And if you think it's a small job, then you clearly don't understand.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Why not hold coaches to the same standards?  CBB has our team discipline at a level that I haven't seen before.  Granted, I wasn't around for Broyles or Holtz, but it's clear that he's doing a good job of molding these kids into men.  And many of his former players have raved about him in that regard. 

So, history is on my side.
1909/1964/1965/1977

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:42:52 pm
Why not hold coaches to the same standards?  CBB has our team discipline at a level that I haven't seen before.  Granted, I wasn't around for Broyles or Holtz, but it's clear that he's doing a good job of molding these kids into men.  And many of his former players have raved about him in that regard. 

So, history is on my side.

I would hope the coaches have higher standards than the players.  The coaches are professionals being paid.

ricepig

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:34:53 pm

I recall a discussion with Gruden talking about working for I think Dr. Lou mentioned earlier in the thread.  It was about players learning the playbook.  A key player wasn't getting it done.  His point was that it was his job to teach that player the playbook whether he liked it or not.  How do you make a player do anything?  You make it important to them.  That's the job of the coaches.  It's hard.  That's why they make good money.

The value was he gets to play football, something he wants to do, I presume. It's very obvious that going to class, being on time, and following his other rules are deal breakers/makers for Bielema, just do them if you want to play here.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:44:17 pm
I would hope the coaches have higher standards than the players.  The coaches are professionals being paid.

So you're done, right?
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:44:17 pm

And your point?

Soooie21

You are always going to have bad apples in every group of players...All they do is hurt the program.  Good for Coach B..

PaintballHog

Edwards will sting, but we will be fine. We can't lose JoJo tho...

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 18, 2015, 03:47:57 pm

JoJo will decide JoJo's fate.

wholehog92

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 03:44:23 pm
The value was he gets to play football, something he wants to do, I presume. It's very obvious that going to class, being on time, and following his other rules are deal breakers/makers for Bielema, just do them if you want to play here.

Right.  I could hire a minimum wage worker to make that call.  Not a ringing endorsement.  I think more highly of our coach than that.

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 03:45:00 pm
So you're done, right?

With what?

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 03:45:16 pm
And your point?

Just responding to the wild one.  You would have to read his post to understand.  It's certainly not required reading since it was kind of an A and B conversation at that point and not really designed for someone to jump into the middle of it.

Wildhog

At this point, it just seems like you're searching for a reason to bash CBB.  Maybe I'm mistaken.  But we're not going to agree on this.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 03:58:13 pm
Right.  I could hire a minimum wage worker to make that call.  Not a ringing endorsement.  I think more highly of our coach than that.

Obviously Kendrick doesn't.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HF#1 on March 18, 2015, 01:09:41 pm
Gotta be honest, we probably can't afford to lose Jojo...

No player is ever bigger than the program. Ever. Period.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bigdaddyhawg

It continues to amaze me that people desire to second guess any and every little thing that happens with our program.

I understand the program is important to people, but they have no information with even begin to question the situation.

But the larger point that some people can't seem to grasp is NO BODY, NO ONE has more at stake than our HC.  Why in the world would he want to do anything that might have some chance at hurting his chances at success??

Answer: He wouldn't.  It's not really all that complicated an issue to grasp.

One other thought: Hasn't become it obvious that no matter the coach, this program, just like every other program, will lose players in the spring.  That's part of the reason you sign 25 every year yet seldom come up against the 85 limit.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

collegestationhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 18, 2015, 02:43:19 pm
I wouldn't count him out just yet.  There's a good chance you're right, but it's not a done deal.
You are right. If he does right and he has success before spring ball is over then the chance he stays is higher.  With him redshirting last year i dont know if he will want to sit out another just to transfer. Hopefully the team will pick him up and help him if he helps himself.

HOGINTENNESSEE

;)
Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 12:52:09 pm
Starting to remind me of Coach Pelphrey. When you keep having the same trouble with the same people over and over, look in the mirror. Discipline means taking marginal young men and molding them.

This is absurd. CBB has had 2 arrest during his watch as HC. Heck and I'm sure Flynn should count as CBB had only been here a month.

In Addition our football GPA is now unbelievable.

That's molding young men

hoglady

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 18, 2015, 03:47:57 pm

Yes - we can.
The absolute worst thing a coach can do is decide we Can't lose a particular player and start bending rules.
If JoJo doesn't straighten up he's got to be shown the door, too.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 04:00:02 pm
At this point, it just seems like you're searching for a reason to bash CBB.  Maybe I'm mistaken.  But we're not going to agree on this.

I challenge you to find a post in my history where I've said I don't care for coach.  I feel pretty confident you will come up empty because I like him.  I think he was a very good hire for the circumstance we were in.  I'm happy to wait to see where he takes us as a program. 

That doesn't mean I think everything he does is unquestionable.  I think his dismissal of kids he promised to take care of in college for relatively minor issues is drastic at best.  I'd be willing to bet he didn't sell momma on I'll take care of your kid so long as he makes all of my meetings on time.  I doubt he gave the kid a copy of the "team rules" when he was recruiting him.  and said, you break these, I'll throw you out.

I work with "at risk" kids regularly.  All they have ever seen in their life is conditions.  They have a lot of issues tied to that and it creates a behavior.  If this is our stance, we need to quit bringing them in and leave them for Auburn and OU.  All we have done is put a note on the kid's bio for NFL teams pick apart if he makes it that far.  He hasn't helped our team and we haven't helped him at this point.  We've wasted a couple of years of the kid's life and he's wasted a couple of years of our scholarships.

Pardon me if I don't see that as something to praise the coach over.  It bothers me a lot when I see people willing to praise the coach over a situation that is an obvious failure.  KE wasn't some program changing talent.  No reason to take a chance on him to start with.  Possession receivers of his talent are plentiful.

If you were to look at the whole picture instead of just "Got rid of a bad seed." It looks more like "Coach brought in an attitude problem and wasted a needed scholarship and the kid's time as well as the coaches and sent him on his way."

You are right that we will never agree on the subject though.  Probably most of Hogville.  It isn't known as a repository of honest discussion.

HogNdazs

Should be more like it's just going to really suck if we lose Jo Jo.  But we will move on.

Quote from: hoglady on March 18, 2015, 04:23:24 pm
Yes - we can.
The absolute worst thing a coach can do is decide we Can't lose a particular player and start bending rules.
If JoJo doesn't straighten up he's got to be shown the door, too.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 04:26:48 pm
I challenge you to find a post in my history where I've said I don't care for coach.  I feel pretty confident you will come up empty because I like him.  I think he was a very good hire for the circumstance we were in.  I'm happy to wait to see where he takes us as a program. 

That doesn't mean I think everything he does is unquestionable.  I think his dismissal of kids he promised to take care of in college for relatively minor issues is drastic at best.  I'd be willing to bet he didn't sell momma on I'll take care of your kid so long as he makes all of my meetings on time.  I doubt he gave the kid a copy of the "team rules" when he was recruiting him.  and said, you break these, I'll throw you out.

I work with "at risk" kids regularly.  All they have ever seen in their life is conditions.  They have a lot of issues tied to that and it creates a behavior.  If this is our stance, we need to quit bringing them in and leave them for Auburn and OU.  All we have done is put a note on the kid's bio for NFL teams pick apart if he makes it that far.  He hasn't helped our team and we haven't helped him at this point.  We've wasted a couple of years of the kid's life and he's wasted a couple of years of our scholarships.

Pardon me if I don't see that as something to praise the coach over.  It bothers me a lot when I see people willing to praise the coach over a situation that is an obvious failure.  KE wasn't some program changing talent.  No reason to take a chance on him to start with.  Possession receivers of his talent are plentiful.

If you were to look at the whole picture instead of just "Got rid of a bad seed." It looks more like "Coach brought in an attitude problem and wasted a needed scholarship and the kid's time as well as the coaches and sent him on his way."

You are right that we will never agree on the subject though.  Probably most of Hogville.  It isn't known as a repository of honest discussion.

I don't see this as a good thing.  I see it as a shame.

I also think CBB is going to do what's best for the program, and I know that Kendrick was given multiple chances.  It is what it is, and that's a shame.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 04:26:48 pm

And Bielema addressed this at an earlier PC, we needed better vetting in Florida.

Wildhog

And you're always going to get honest discussion from me.  I don't pull punches or twist facts.  Sometimes we're just going to have irreconcilable positions.
1909/1964/1965/1977

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 04:32:08 pm
And you're always going to get honest discussion from me.  I don't pull punches or twist facts.  Sometimes we're just going to have irreconcilable positions.

That's why I separated you from Hogville and why I'm discussing it with you.  I thought it was a crap out you went to "I'm just looking for a reason to bash the coach."  I have never bashed this coach.  I do occasionally disagree with something he's done.  That's a good thing in my view.  If he did everything the way I think it should be done, he wouldn't be a football coach, he'd be in my career field.  I agree with what he does more often than not though.  I don't know enough about this situation to know if I agree or not.

That's not my disagreement.  This thread is filled with people essentially saying "Right on coach, way to go."  Apparently these people don't see things the way I do.  I see something that if it was the norm would be a big problem and certainly not something to slap the coach on the back about.  In my experience in actually talking to the man, I'd bet he would agree with me.

Wildhog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 04:40:53 pm
That's why I separated you from Hogville and why I'm discussing it with you.  I thought it was a crap out you went to "I'm just looking for a reason to bash the coach."  I have never bashed this coach.  I do occasionally disagree with something he's done.  That's a good thing in my view.  If he did everything the way I think it should be done, he wouldn't be a football coach, he'd be in my career field.  I agree with what he does more often than not though.  I don't know enough about this situation to know if I agree or not.

That's not my disagreement.  This thread is filled with people essentially saying "Right on coach, way to go."  Apparently these people don't see things the way I do.  I see something that if it was the norm would be a big problem and certainly not something to slap the coach on the back about.  In my experience in actually talking to the man, I'd bet he would agree with me.

If it was the norm, I'd agree with you.  But it's not.  It's actually been quite rare.

Sorry for being mistaken on the coach bashing thing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

Sad to hear this. Shame on Edwards for not doing Right.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 18, 2015, 02:23:39 pm
I enjoy your posts but must say that our program is not dependent upon two players.
We can lose Kendrick Edwards and any other player/players that don't 'do the right thing'.

For an interesting read ; This describes Lou Holtz and his suspension of 3 star players before the '78 Orange Bowl, and the meltdown/federal lawsuit that followed.
We survived, and thrived.
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1667091

" GO HOGS "

It depends on what you are expecting from them this season.  I'm expecting the passing game to improve with a new coordinator and some newly developed talent.  If that talent leaves, that doesn't bode well for the passing game, does it?

I didn't say the program would fall apart.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 18, 2015, 04:03:57 pm

Use just a little context.  Losing 2 WR's that had decent expectations on an offense that was less than average throwing the ball, isn't good.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

wholehog92

Quote from: HF#1 on March 18, 2015, 04:59:51 pm
Use just a little context.  Losing 2 WR's that had decent expectations on an offense that was less than average throwing the ball, isn't good.

That's a valid point.  A quick check of the depth chart says losing talent at WR is a big deal right now if Vince Lombardi was coaching the team.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 18, 2015, 04:03:57 pm

Agreed, but that doesn't change what he said.  If we lose JoJo after not getting "he whose name shall not be spoken" and not yet knowing if Reed will qualify, we are dangerously thin at a spot that literally prevented us from being a 9 or even 10 win team this year.  No one is saying that Coach should spare JoJo...just that we NEED him to get his stuff together to give us quality depth.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 12:52:09 pm
Starting to remind me of Coach Pelphrey. When you keep having the same trouble with the same people over and over, look in the mirror. Discipline means taking marginal young men and molding them.

What the holy Frank.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 18, 2015, 01:08:04 pm
Hopefully JoJo "gets it together" and hopefully Reed qualifies because if those 2 aspects don't happen, then we will be looking at more stacked boxes and perhaps only 2 conference wins (probably the only 2 being against Ole Miss and Mississippi State).

Hunter Henry can't do it by himself in the passing game to keep the box from being stacked.

Wrong. You need to sit back and wait for more information. Much more information.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Work ethic was an issue with Edwards from the beginning. Instruction didn't change him, correction didn't change him, punishment didn't change him. Maybe at his next school, he will learn his playbook, attend classes, and put in the required time for meetings and workouts. He just learned a big lesson that didn't get through before: All this stuff matters.
[CENSORED]!