Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K. Edwards is GONE!

Started by FBREW000, March 18, 2015, 12:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBREW000

Etc....

Was looking forward to him shining a bit this season. 

Thomas Murphy ‏@TomMurphyADG  · 8s8 seconds ago 
Bielema has removed WR Kendrick Edwards from the program and he can talk to a couple of other schools. Not a talent-based decision

PorkRinds

FBREW000

Wildhog

So much potential there.  Sucks.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jek Tono Porkins

Well that blows chunks. I was looking forward to him beefing up a bit and becoming a go-to threat in the red zone.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

FBREW000

Kendrick Edwards won't be with the team and has been given permission to speak to other teams. off-field issues, nothing legal.

PorkRinds

Hopefully jojo gets it together and we don't lose both.  One thing is obvious, Coach B doesn't play around.  You meet or exceed expectations, or you're gone.

Hawgzinbowlz

+1 To CBB for adhering to standards.

" GO HOGS "

Peter Porker

Heard that yesterday. Didn't want to "spread rumors".
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hog in Iowa

This reminds me of Dr. Lou's "Do Right" rule for those of you old enough to remember what that was.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

CBB alluded to having some issues (paraphrasing) with Florida kids in a press conference a while back, I guess we know what that really meant now.

Paul

As painful as it is, you've gotta cut out cancers before they metastasize to other parts of the body/team 

hoglady

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on March 18, 2015, 12:38:45 pm
This reminds me of Dr. Lou's "Do Right" rule for those of you old enough to remember what that was.

Remember that well.
And in the long run it makes life so easier for everyone. Adhere to the rules or hit the road - doesn't matter whether you're a 5 star or a walk on (the same rules apply).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HSVhogfan2

Starting to remind me of Coach Pelphrey. When you keep having the same trouble with the same people over and over, look in the mirror. Discipline means taking marginal young men and molding them.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on March 18, 2015, 12:41:35 pm
CBB alluded to having some issues (paraphrasing) with Florida kids in a press conference a while back, I guess we know what that really meant now.

I got blasted for suggesting that. Lol
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 12:52:09 pm
Starting to remind me of Coach Pelphrey. When you keep having the same trouble with the same people over and over, look in the mirror. Discipline means taking marginal young men and molding them.

Lol

HF#1

You serious Clark?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HSVhogfan2

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

HawgTide

Not sure if serious...

Wildhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 12:57:32 pm
As a heart attack. Jo Jo will be next.

Not a big fan of personal responsibility or accountability, eh?
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 12:59:09 pm
Not a big fan of personal responsibility or accountability, eh?

So you know exactly what he did? I'm a fan of responsibility to the program and transparency.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:02:17 pm
So you know exactly what he did? I'm a fan of responsibility to the program and transparency.

Transparency?? It's very transparent, he couldn't follow the rules Bielema has, you got a problem with that?

HawgTide

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 12:59:33 pm
Well, then bye.

Yep. If Jojo can't get right then he will get gone. The Bielema comparison to Pelphrey is one of the dumbest things I have read on here in a long time.

Wildhog

We've had far, FAR fewer off-field issues under Bielema than Petrino.  Did BP remind you of Pelphrey?

Be consistent, now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

GoHogs1091

Hopefully JoJo "gets it together" and hopefully Reed qualifies because if those 2 aspects don't happen, then we will be looking at more stacked boxes and perhaps only 2 conference wins (probably the only 2 being against Ole Miss and Mississippi State).

Hunter Henry can't do it by himself in the passing game to keep the box from being stacked.

HF#1

Gotta be honest, we probably can't afford to lose Jojo...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RonBurgundy

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on March 18, 2015, 12:41:35 pm

Yep.  Now that Shannon is gone, the cats from south Florida have been acting a fool.  Two more will be on the chopping block soon if they don't get right.

Seebs

We will never know what we missed because we never saw the potential.  Saw Jo Jo in the highlights from yesterday so he is out there and hopefully learning lessons.

Grats to a walk-on that will now get an 85-man schollie.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 01:05:41 pm
We've had far, FAR fewer off-field issues under Bielema than Petrino.  Did BP remind you of Pelphrey?

Be consistent, now.

Nope. He won.

I have said from the beginning that I like CBB, so don't start a pissing match about CBB VS Petrino. A pattern may be developing, however, with certain "higher risk" players being let go, just like the assistant coach turnover.

You are obviously not going to have "off field" problems if you let ever high risk kid go or don't recruit them in the first place. You are also not going to have many 10 win seasons in the SEC west. If you bury your money in the ground, it will be safe, but you will never grow rich.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

hawgsmellgud

Dumbest post of the year.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

WilsonHog

I have no problem with this whatsoever. In fact, I applaud it. 

Wildhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:11:43 pm
Nope. He won.

I have said from the beginning that I like CBB, so don't start a pissing match about CBB VS Petrino. A pattern may be developing, however, with certain "higher risk" players being let go, just like the assistant coach turnover.

You are obviously not going to have "off field" problems if you let ever high risk kid go or don't recruit them in the first place. You are also not going to have many 10 win seasons in the SEC west. If you bury your money in the ground, it will be safe, but you will never grow rich.

So you can't be consistent.  Which means either you have an agenda or you're just trolling.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on March 18, 2015, 01:09:41 pm
Gotta be honest, we probably can't afford to lose Jojo...

Only if he follows the rules, otherwise, he can't be counted on.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:11:43 pm
Nope. He won.

And it took you two years to decide that Coach B will never win 10 games in the SEC? Did you watch any of our games last year? Did you read any of the National guys expectations of the Hogs before last season? You are just showing your ignorance now.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

UAfanatic

The transparency is You Don't Need To Know.

I appreciate the coach keeping a young man's lifes mistakes private.
You've said the issue is in the mirror, that Bielema is at fault for not molding.

I say BS, this is the process of molding, and some people need to hit rock bottom before they change. I can't mold them, you can't mold them, their mom couldn't and a coach can't

If someone chooses not to follow the rules provided them, and given opportunity to make adjustments or leave, and they choose to leave by not adhering to the rules..

then they don't care enough to stay..

We should not allow special exceptions to the rules based on talent at the expense of integrity.

It sounds like you would not run things with that level of integrity.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2015, 01:12:49 pm
So you can't be consistent.  Which means either you have an agenda or you're just trolling.

Agenda, and it's obvious.....

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 01:14:40 pm
Agenda, and it's obvious.....

Please explain my agenda, Mr Hog Insider. LMAO.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Uncommon

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 18, 2015, 01:08:04 pm
Hopefully JoJo "gets it together" and hopefully Reed qualifies because if those 2 aspects don't happen, then we will be looking at more stacked boxes and perhaps only 2 conference wins (probably the only 2 being against Ole Miss and Mississippi State).

Hunter Henry can't do it by himself in the passing game to keep the box from being stacked.
Goodness gracious, calm down.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: UAfanatic on March 18, 2015, 01:14:14 pm
The transparency is You Don't Need To Know.

I appreciate the coach keeping a young man's lifes mistakes private.
You've said the issue is in the mirror, that Bielema is at fault for not molding.

I say BS, this is the process of molding, and some people need to hit rock bottom before they change. I can't mold them, you can't mold them, their mom couldn't and a coach can't

If someone chooses not to follow the rules provided them, and given opportunity to make adjustments or leave, and they choose to leave by not adhering to the rules..

then they don't care enough to stay..

We should not allow special exceptions to the rules based on talent at the expense of integrity.

It sounds like you would not run things with that level of integrity.

Im just not the kind of guy who will let you piss in my mouth and tell me it's raining. No matter how much I like you.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Hog Fan from Camden

Wow!  That's all I can say right now!

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:16:36 pm
Please explain my agenda, Mr Hog Insider. LMAO.

I would, be it's obvious it wouldn't be transparent enough for you.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 01:18:48 pm
Im just not the kind of guy who will let you piss in my mouth and tell me it's raining. No matter how much I like you.

Continues to violate team rules, do you want to know each transgression? I thought you were the "insider", surely you know.....

PorkRinds

It also seems as if you're not the kind of guy who will see that it's raining, and not assume someone is pissing in your mouth.  Dude, the kid didn't follow the rules.  He was given multiple chances.  He was a high risk guy that was given chances and failed to do so.  Are you saying at no point should he remove someone even after they blow multiple chances?

HawgTide

That escalated way too quickly...

cosmodrum

Let me know when there's a team rape then maybe.
Go away, batin'

Hawgey-Davidson

You GOT to go to class. Simple as that.

Hawgzinbowlz

http://harveymackay.com/column/lou-holtz%E2%80%99s-3-rules-of-life/
Rule #1 – Do right.  "Just do the right thing," Lou says.  "We've all done dumb things and wish we hadn't done them, but you can't go through life with an albatross around your neck saying, 'I made a mistake.'  Say you're sorry, make amends and move on."

Both CBB and Lou demand "do the right thing".
Different coach/player style, same substance.

" GO HOGS "

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....