Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJC article on TJ Smith's flip to Arkansas

Started by monty hawg, March 13, 2015, 08:03:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChemEHawg

Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

razCzar

As an Arkansas alum living in Atlanta for decades, I am encouraged that the Hogs are finally making a dent in Georgia's fertile recruiting ground.  It's about time, as most other SEC schools have been taking talent from the state for years. 

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 13, 2015, 08:19:19 am
Maybe I missed it. Was there anything in the article about us flipping him?

One of my favorite things about covering college football recruiting is listening to stories from the recruiting trail.

A good one I heard about this year involved T.J. Smith, the defensive end from Colquitt High School. He flipped from Vanderbilt to Arkansas a couple of weeks before last month's signing day.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gibby

I appreciate the coverage and the find.  But that was a boring article.  lol

WizardofhOgZ

Thanks for posting this recruiting nugget. 

jb11

"I think he was going from our place to Wake. He canceled that. His mom and dad canceled their flights, and he has been a happily-married man ever since."

So instead of paying the players, they are getting them wives. Interesting. That's not a violation is it?

Hawgzinbowlz

It sounds like TJ has a solid background. Glad he's A Hog and thanks for the post.

Several state lines to cross from Georgia to Arkansas and CBB has stated we are going to work on increasing our recruiting inroads into Ga.

" GO HOGS "

cubsfan5150

Smith's coach is the former Hoover, AL head coach. He's someone we definitely want to be in good graces with.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

ChicoHog

Quote from: jb11 on March 13, 2015, 11:51:43 am
"I think he was going from our place to Wake. He canceled that. His mom and dad canceled their flights, and he has been a happily-married man ever since."

So instead of paying the players, they are getting them wives. Interesting. That's not a violation is it?
I think BB means he is married to arkansas.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 13, 2015, 08:25:46 am
One of my favorite things about covering college football recruiting is listening to stories from the recruiting trail.

A good one I heard about this year involved T.J. Smith, the defensive end from Colquitt High School. He flipped from Vanderbilt to Arkansas a couple of weeks before last month's signing day.

Yeah, a word.  But the OP title seemed to indicate that the story would be about how we flipped him.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on March 14, 2015, 11:34:05 am
I'm well aware of that... and don't care.  The guy wins wherever he goes and takes D3 players and turns them into D1 players.

Well, he's certainly "not common".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jb11

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 14, 2015, 07:15:45 am
Yeah, a word.  But the OP title seemed to indicate that the story would be about how we flipped him.

Oh good lord. Does it really matter?

bp

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 13, 2015, 08:19:19 am
Maybe I missed it. Was there anything in the article about us flipping him?

I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that you made a SOLID 16 on your ACT test...  +1 if you can take a joke. Cause that's a good one right there... ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.