Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Williams, best SEC RB

Started by ricepig, March 11, 2015, 11:58:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

Quote from: gawntrail on March 13, 2015, 03:44:34 pm
Barring injury, JWill is the top back in the 2016 draft.  Probably best in SEC and should be in running for Heisman.
ok
Don't be scared, be smart.

root_hawg

I would take Chubb, LSU guy or Henry and then Collins and Williams

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 11, 2015, 04:24:28 pm
We just hired a RB coach who is known for his emphasis on ball security.

Ball security is important in general but on this team with Bielemas system its a double must. 

LRRandy

Quote from: gawntrail on March 13, 2015, 03:44:34 pm
Barring injury, JWill is the top back in the 2016 draft.  Probably best in SEC and should be in running for Heisman.
link?  That's the first I've seen that said.
This is fun, isn't it.

gawntrail

Quote from: LRRandy on March 14, 2015, 08:20:46 am
link?  That's the first I've seen that said.

That's my own take.  No links.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 12, 2015, 01:59:49 pm
Never have understood the Derrick Henry hype. He's just a bigger, and maybe even slower, version of Broderick Green.

Really?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/derrick-henry-2.html

Sophomore year which was last year he goes for almost 1000 yards with 5.8 ypc  he has 11 rushing TDs.  Overall with receiving yards included he has over 1100 yards and 13 TDs.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Paul

Henry's a load with a burst.  Chubb looks impossible to tackle. 

Pudgepork

While I don't think JWill is the most talented, he makes up for a lot with willpower and toughness.   

Other Hogs RB's who ran with the same determination that I recall were Dickey Morton and Fred Talley.

red_beard_82

Chubb, Henry, and Fornett?, are really good. But I think we will be able to easily say we have 2 of the top 4 backs after next season. And 2 of the top 4 is saying something. 

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 12, 2015, 07:19:20 am
Collins better?  Perhaps.

By a landslide?  No way in the world.

I know this because I can see with my eyes the strengths each player has, AND, possibly more importantly, CBB/staff sees it as well because they get pretty balanced carries.

CBB has shown in the past he has no problems feeding ONE stud 35-40 carries a game, and he would do it here if AC were that much better than JWill.

If by the "past".....you mean while he was at Wisky so be it. If not, you're flat out
wrong. You stand under your landslide and I'll stand under mine. Mine sees Collins
as having much better moves, and a propensity for finding his running lanes tons
better. In other words......instinctive things that aren't taught. If not for being
suspended a few quarters, Collins would have outgained Williams. My eyes decide
which one I would rather see carrying the ball......not Bielema's choice as to which
that is. If that were the case, I'd be satisfied with who he plays at QB.