Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO IS GONNA WIN THE DAYTONA 500 2009?

Started by hoghelmet14, November 16, 2008, 09:00:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdhogfan

hoghelmet14

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hogsgrl09

it's gonna hurt to root for Mark when is on the same team as the biggest enemies.  :D
I'm glad we finally agreed on something hh20
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

hoghelmet14

agreed?  we agreed?... I am sure it was just a mental lapse on my part... ;)

Buff

So does no one else think Harvick will win it again?

hoghelmet14

we dont think Harvick will win.... we hope he doesnt.... but not cuz we dont like him... everbody likes happy.... we just want Smoke to win so Michael and Darrell Waltrip will shut up about toyota and that Smoke cant build a team better than mikey! LOL

and NO ONE wants Jimmie Johnson to win... anything

and Gordo has won one already... sides he dont know how to win in a COT! LOL

hogs24

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 13, 2009, 10:00:04 pm
we dont think Harvick will win.... we hope he doesnt.... but not cuz we dont like him... everbody likes happy.... we just want Smoke to win so Michael and Darrell Waltrip will shut up about toyota and that Smoke cant build a team better than mikey! LOL

and NO ONE wants Jimmie Johnson to win... anything

and Gordo has won one three already... sides he dont know how to win in a COT! LOL
Fixed... :D
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

hogsgrl09

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 13, 2009, 10:00:04 pm
we dont think Harvick will win.... we hope he doesnt.... but not cuz we dont like him... everbody likes happy
I dont like him. at all.
and he didn't win it the last time either...  ;)

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 13, 2009, 02:29:01 pm
agreed?  we agreed?... I am sure it was just a mental lapse on my part... ;)
good. don't let it happen again
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

hoghelmet14

awwww come on hogsgrl... you know you love me!

Simple Swineman

Figure I better get my prediction in here since this thread has been alive for 2 1/2 months now. After much deliberation I have to go with the fan favorite:

Dale Earnhardt Jr wins the 500.

He is too good at the plate tracks to go on this long of a drought. It's his turn.

hogsgrl09

Quote from: Simple Swineman on January 28, 2009, 09:25:05 pm
Figure I better get my prediction in here since this thread has been alive for 2 1/2 months now. After much deliberation I have to go with the fan favorite:

He is too good at the plate tracks to go on this long of a drought. It's his turn.
you're letting me down fav, you're letting me down.
droughts are for a reason....

dang it if he wins

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Simple Swineman on January 28, 2009, 09:25:05 pm

The only way Jr wins is if his car is perfect off the truck.... the boy doesn't understand the nuances of his car enough to tell his crew chief whats wrong if it aint perfect.

Buff

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on January 14, 2009, 12:27:58 pm
I dont like him. at all.
and he didn't win it the last time either...  ;)

Isn't it time to accept the fact and get over it?

Buff

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 28, 2009, 09:52:52 pm
The only way Jr wins is if his car is perfect off the truck.... the boy doesn't understand the nuances of his car enough to tell his crew chief whats wrong if it aint perfect.

Doesn't help that his crew chief doesn't seem to be able to help him out with that.

hoghelmet14

do you think its time for the break up of the family?

I never thought tony jr was very good either.... put Jr with Chad Knaus and you get a championship.... course put me with Chad Knaus and you get a championship... LOL

hogsgrl09

Buff

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 28, 2009, 09:58:37 pm
do you think its time for the break up of the family?

I never thought tony jr was very good either.... put Jr with Chad Knaus and you get a championship.... course put me with Chad Knaus and you get a championship... LOL

Put me with Knaus and you have Ricky Bobby

I WANNA GO FAST!

hoghelmet14

Buff

hoghelmet14

anyway... back to the thread title.... I still think Smoke wins the big one!... if he can keep out of the big one caused by kyle busch... LOL

Simple Swineman

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 28, 2009, 09:52:52 pm

I agree with that on every track except Daytona and Talladega. When he avoids wrecks at those tracks it's an automatic top 10. And the way the top 10 shakes out in the final laps is usually blind luck. It's been a while since he's won one at Daytona so I figure his 1 in 10 shot is coming soon.

hoghelmet14

Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke

hogsgrl09

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 29, 2009, 10:38:28 am
Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke Smoke
someone has too much time on their hands...

hoghelmet14

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on January 29, 2009, 12:06:25 pm
someone has too much time on their hands...

I am a graphics artist.... I can use copy paste as good as anyone! LOL

Buff

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 29, 2009, 05:15:24 pm
I am a graphics artist.... I can use copy paste as good as anyone! LOL

to quote a song from the radio:

"never mind what haters say, ignore em till they fade away......."

Noone picked cousin Carl.  He can drive a race car too.  I want Mark Martin winning pulling away at the end.  Let cousin Carl come second and after that, i don't care.  By the way, Kyle Busch isn't as bad as many make him sound and he can sure as hell put a race car around a track.  Hendricks didn't upgrade when they ran him off for JR.

grayhawg

I'll pull for anybody but Smoke or Busch.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: 12247 on January 29, 2009, 05:26:15 pm
Noone picked cousin Carl.  He can drive a race car too.  I want Mark Martin winning pulling away at the end.  Let cousin Carl come second and after that, i don't care.  By the way, Kyle Busch isn't as bad as many make him sound and he can sure as hell put a race car around a track.  Hendricks didn't upgrade when they ran him off for JR.

I agree with you on kyle... its just fun to pick on him.... he tries to put a 8 foot wide car in a 4 foot wide hole.... and he has "tried" so many times folks move over and the hole becomes 12 foot wide....

hoghelmet14

hoghelmet14

hoghelmet14

How long will it take us to figure out all the driver changes this year...

Driver                           This years team                 Last years team

Casey Mears No. 07        Richard Childress Racing      No. 5 Rick Hendrick Motorsports
Mark Martin No. 5           Rick Hendrick Motorsports    No. 8 Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Reed Sorenson No. 10     Richard Petty Motorsports    No. 41 Chip Ganassi Racing
David Stremme No. 12     Penske Racing                   No. 64 RWI (Nationwide Series)
Tony Stewart No. 14      Stewart-Haas Racing           No. 20  Joe Gibbs Racing
Joey Logano No. 20        Joe Gibbs Racing                 No. 18 GR (Nationwide Series)
Clint Bowyer No. 33        Richard Childress Racing        No. 07 Richard Childress Racing
Ryan Newman No. 39      Stewart-Haas Racing            No. 12 Penske Racing
Bobby Labonte No. 96     Hall of Fame Racing              No. 43 Petty Enterprises
Marcos Ambrose No. 47   JTG Daugherty Racing           No. 59 JTG (Nationwide Series)
Scott Speed No. 82        Red Bull Racing                    No. 22 Bill Davis (Truck Series)
Paul Menard No. 98         Yates Racing                      No. 15 Dale Earnhardt Inc.
A.J. Allmendinger No. 43   Richard Petty Motorsports    No. 84 Red Bull Racing

Its gonna be hard.... except for Smoke... the fact that he is back in an American Made Car makes it easier to say.... but I am gonna miss that Orange car....(except we will still get to see it ever 20 or so laps when Smoke laps it....)

steelhog66

I would say Regan Smith like he almost did at Talladega, but he does not have a ride. I do think these superspeedways give us the best chance for someone usually not in contention to get a win.

Milton

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 02, 2009, 04:07:18 pm
How long will it take us to figure out all the driver changes this year...

Driver                           This years team                 Last years team

Mark Martin No. 5           Rick Hendrick Motorsports    No. 8 Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Shame my two favorite drivers and 2 of my 3 least favorite are on the same team.*fav Jr and Martin hate Gaydon and Johnson*
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: kountry on February 03, 2009, 07:11:04 am
Shame my two favorite drivers and 2 of my 3 least favorite are on the same team.*fav Jr and Martin hate Gaydon and Johnson*

Who is the third.... ?

Milton

We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

hoghelmet14

phewwww... I was affraid you was gonna say Stewart...

Milton

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 03, 2009, 01:55:31 pm
phewwww... I was affraid you was gonna say Stewart...
nah he's one of the drivers I like more than most of the other drivers. Not one of my favorites but he's behind that group.

Buff

News flash:  Mikey Waltrip wrecked in practice today.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Im going with my boy Mark. 24th time is a charm eh mark?
ched come back pls

hoghelmet14

Do yall think if Mark Wins... he gets the "everbodys pit crew" reception line like Dale Sr got when he finally won?

Buff

Nope.  If he wins the championship, then he'll get that kind of reception at Homestead.

hoghelmet14

I bet they line up on pit road for him.... Its a gut feeling... course... LOL.. he has to win it first.... which is unlikely since Harvick is in the race... LOL

hogsgrl09

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 11, 2009, 06:12:44 pm
I bet they line up on pit road for him.... Its a gut feeling... course... LOL.. he has to win it first.... which is unlikely since Harvick is in the race... LOL
....  >:( .....

pioneerhog

I am gonna go with Martin here, with  a sold top 10 for Robby Gordon, yes I am a RG fan. I will go out on a limb though and say that Waltrip will be the cause of the first wreck.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: tallahasseehog on February 11, 2009, 08:15:51 pm
Waltrip or Montoya will cause the first wreck.

.............. and Logano and Bobby Labonte will get caught up in it!

Buff

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 11, 2009, 06:12:44 pm

beautiful.  poetic.  simply ossum.  thumbs up.

hoghelmet14

course.... this is all just wishful thinkin for yall... since Smoke wins the 500!

hoghelmet14

Quote from: riccoar on November 16, 2008, 09:31:32 pm
I just don't see Stewart-Haas being that much of a factor in 2009.  The testing rules are going to make it even harder.  I look for them to start being significant in 2010.

:)