Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heading to Afghanistan....again.

Started by Ragnar Hogbrok, December 12, 2012, 08:18:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley_Hawg

Godspeed and rain hell down on them.

Pork Twain

Keep your head down and your powder dry.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WBOBO

Be safe and come back soon.  Football season will be here in 9 months brother.

Hopefully, this will be your last time to go that god forsaken hell hole.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hogfan1967

Thanks to you and all our brave soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who answer the call.  Stay safe.  Although this war is not in the news anymore, remember there are many Americans who know what you are doing and appreciate your sacrifices. 

hogfan1967

Dang - I didn't even know "Band Nerd" was one of the rights of passage on Hogville - I think I would rather be a "Walk on" 

mycul222

Thank you, sir. Stay safe and get back quickly.

RoboRazor

Good luck to you.  I'm on my way home from BAF in a few months. 

Hawg4Eva

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Nate. 

I feel silly for losing sleep over who the next coach would be. Just thinking that I could instead be losing sleep while waiting on my brother, husband or nephew to call me from a war zone.

Hogville is behind you! Thanks for your service.

nelahawgfan

Praying for you and your family.  Thank you for your dedication and service.

Ironhawg

Godspeed Chief.  May He keep you safe and return you home to those you love.

pigbacon

Your service is appreciated. Prayers for your safe return and for your family. Thank you.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on December 12, 2012, 08:18:36 am
Well, my fellow Hogvillians, it's that time again.  I'll be deploying to Afghanistan again within the next several days and wanted to say goodbye to everyone.

I'm not posting this thread for any special personal recognition, so please don't feel obligated to respond.

I'm simply asking for you all to remember me in your thoughts and prayers as I go about my fourth deployment doing the dirty business of war.  Please, also remember that there are still several thousand of us in harm's way whether or not you see or hear about us on the nightly news.  Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll be online several times and you'll probably see me on here when I get there, but I just wanted to say goodbye before I left...well...just in case.  Take care, my friends.

Aim small, miss small....

God Speed to you sir - if there's anything you need when you get in country, don't be afraid to ask...the least we can do for you......

barzrback

Praying for your safety and speedy return.  Thank you for your service ...

Rooka

Ragnar Hogbrok

Thank you all for the well-wishes and prayers.  See ya.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

the 1 and only

molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

ncrzrbk

Thank you for your service and God speed to all that defend our freedom.  May God watch over you and protect you. I will always be humbled by those that give their own lives to defend us.

Bigdaddyhogfan

I don't like saying good bye in this case. I would rather say God's speed and we will wait for your safe return. I would also like to say Thank You to you and your fellow warriors. You will be in my daily prayers. God bless you.

flynhog

Be careful.  There is nothing over there worth your getting hurt.  Keep moving.  Keep you head on a swivel.  Remember about masking and unmasking.  Guns in attack!

Hurry home, brother. 
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

jfisdirtybird

Look forward to your return sir. Be safe and know that we think and pray for you and countless others daily....

arkansasborn

Thank you for your service....stay safe.....and God bless you.

hogsevenseven

Thank you for your service to our country.  Praying for your protection and safe return home; also, that your family will have peace while you are away

Tequilin' Time

Prayers for you and your brothers and sisters in service.  May God bless and protect each and everyone of you and bring you home safe.

Thank you is not enough, but THANK YOU!

God Speed!

Cubfan

Thank you & stay safe fellow Razorback.

PigTimePlayer

God bless Nate . . . thank you for your service.  come home safe!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Doug

REMINDER: OpSec (Operations Security) Protocols mandate that Active Duty Military members (and their family/friends) to NOT divulge any personally identifiable information. This includes bases, names, ranks, etc.

They can discuss the country they're in, but they cannot discuss the region or give any reference points.

I've had to clean this thread up a little bit (including my own post and woocraig's reply back to me) to bring this into compliance.

As an Uncle to two Navy brats and a Dad to one, I should have known better and exercised more due diligence on this.

If you're Active Duty... do NOT reveal where you're at. Hogville automatically protects your location and identity (within as much as you allow us to). You're talking care of America... Hogville will take care of you.

Good Speed, Good Hunting and kick some ass!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

big john

God's speed and we will wait for your safe return. I would also like to say Thank You to you and your fellow warriors. You will be in my daily prayers. God bless you,my son is comeing home from there tomarrow ,an i have,nt seen him in year an half it,s going to be good day at my house my other son just got back from there last week an were still fishing an rideing the four wheeler,s .
john goodwin

Birminghog

Blessings, Nate.  May God bring you and all our other brave heros over there safely back to us very soon, and may you never have to return.

No1Hog27

Thank you for your service.  God bless you.  I pray that he keeps you and all of our soldiers. 

OptimusHog

Any idea what you're doing over there or why you're going back there? What are your thoughts on "blowback"? In any case, stay safe.

OptimusHog

Quote from: Razorfox on December 12, 2012, 08:57:06 am
I'm heading out in a few weeks myself, but not to Afghanistan this time.  Been there, done that. 

I'll be heading out to support operations on another hotspot continent. 

Good luck and keep your head down.

Africa, eh? Shame. Also, is "hotspot" interchangeable with lucrative/tactical?

OptimusHog

Quote from: mj4president on December 12, 2012, 09:32:41 am
Good luck my man, kill'em all.

Are you confusing real life with "Call of Duty"? Lol, ignorance runs amuck in this bunch.

Attila the Hog

tusksincolorado

Godspeed and God bless you and your Family.

Now go make us Rednecks PROUD and blow up some SHAT with bad guys inside!!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

happyhawgal

Thank you for your service, and will continue to pray daily for you and all servicemen that are protecting us back home. Stay Safe and WPS!!
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

Bohawg

God's speed, good luck and thank you for your service to the Nation!

HatfieldEra

Thank you for your service to our country.  My continued prayers for your safe return.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on December 12, 2012, 08:18:36 am
Well, my fellow Hogvillians, it's that time again.  I'll be deploying to Afghanistan again within the next several days and wanted to say goodbye to everyone.

I'm not posting this thread for any special personal recognition, so please don't feel obligated to respond.

I'm simply asking for you all to remember me in your thoughts and prayers as I go about my fourth deployment doing the dirty business of war.  Please, also remember that there are still several thousand of us in harm's way whether or not you see or hear about us on the nightly news.  Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll be online several times and you'll probably see me on here when I get there, but I just wanted to say goodbye before I left...well...just in case.  Take care, my friends.
I just don't get what's there for us. Why must our DOD risk so many lives in that huvel. The least beautiful place in the world and we've fought for it for way to long. If we spent the money we've spent there on alternative fuel solutions, we'd have no use for their oil. God bless you guys. Come home safe. Sorry your bosses savor money more than life.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BirmingHam

Thank you for your service to our country.  When you get over there, there is a Combat Engineer company(out of Clarksville) which my son is a part of doing a tour, they are all Hog fans.  I pray God watches over all of our military over there and their families back home.

craighog

From one Craig to another, thank you for your service, and be safe!

TNRazorbacker

Thank you for your service. Will be thinking about all our service men and women over the holidays.

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

HogT

God bless and God`s speed. Keep your head down and your weapon up.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 15, 2012, 10:51:54 am
I just don't get what's there for us. Why must our DOD risk so many lives in that huvel. The least beautiful place in the world and we've fought for it for way to long. If we spent the money we've spent there on alternative fuel solutions, we'd have no use for their oil. God bless you guys. Come home safe. Sorry your bosses savor money more than life.

It's actually some of the prettiest landscape that I've ever seen.  As for the oil, Afghanistan isn't a major or even mid-level producer of oil.  You're thinking of Iraq, maybe?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ronmahony

You guys are all always in my prayers. Keep your head down and keep it up, I am so proud of all of you, and see you when you get back.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Hoggycronopolis

Prayers sent up from my family to yours soldier. We all thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for your service to our country so that we may live free. MERRY CHRISMAS AND GO HOGS!!! Return home safely!
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they SMITE you, and then you win"  
-Ghandi

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
-George Carlin

Captain Hogthrob

Thank you for your service and be assured  you will be in my prayers.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kc-Razor

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on December 16, 2012, 11:11:52 am
It's actually some of the prettiest landscape that I've ever seen.  As for the oil, Afghanistan isn't a major or even mid-level producer of oil.  You're thinking of Iraq, maybe?

:)

Thank you for your service!

My prayer is that God Almighty watch over you and be with you over there and your family back here at home as you put it all on the line for a nation that to a large degree turned its back on the Christian values that this great nation was founded on and  previous soldiers fought and died to preserve.

Thank you again!

JRHoward

Thank You for your service!  God Speed...  Go Hogs...  Come home safe! 
Woooo Pig!

Bighawgsfan

Nate, you are in my prayers. Having been there also, I know it is tough to go 4 times. Just do the mission you have signed up to do and stay safe! It is hard to follow the Hogs with the time difference, but hopefully you can follow through the internet. WPS