Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heading to Afghanistan....again.

Started by Ragnar Hogbrok, December 12, 2012, 08:18:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar Hogbrok

Well, my fellow Hogvillians, it's that time again.  I'll be deploying to Afghanistan again within the next several days and wanted to say goodbye to everyone.

I'm not posting this thread for any special personal recognition, so please don't feel obligated to respond.

I'm simply asking for you all to remember me in your thoughts and prayers as I go about my fourth deployment doing the dirty business of war.  Please, also remember that there are still several thousand of us in harm's way whether or not you see or hear about us on the nightly news.  Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll be online several times and you'll probably see me on here when I get there, but I just wanted to say goodbye before I left...well...just in case.  Take care, my friends.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Tim Harris

nole10591

Prayers sent.. GODSPEED......  NOW GO KICK SOME A$$ SEA BA$$
So long lost DECADE !!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Thanks. Take care my fellow American. My thoughts and prayers are with You and all our Patriots serving our nation in the military.

870hogfan

Quote from: MorrellHog on December 12, 2012, 08:22:51 am
Thanks. Take care my fellow American. My thoughts and prayers are with You and all our Patriots serving our nation in the military.

Take care and God speed.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on December 12, 2012, 08:18:36 am
Well, my fellow Hogvillians, it's that time again.  I'll be deploying to Afghanistan again within the next several days and wanted to say goodbye to everyone.

I'm not posting this thread for any special personal recognition, so please don't feel obligated to respond.

I'm simply asking for you all to remember me in your thoughts and prayers as I go about my fourth deployment doing the dirty business of war.  Please, also remember that there are still several thousand of us in harm's way whether or not you see or hear about us on the nightly news.  Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll be online several times and you'll probably see me on here when I get there, but I just wanted to say goodbye before I left...well...just in case.  Take care, my friends.
Damn, son, FOURTH TOUR?? God bless you, stay safe! Should retire already lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Optimus Swine

Thank you for your service, God bless you.
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

solitons

hogfanfromlr

notavol

In CBP I trust !

WichitaStateRazorback

colt-45

Thank you for your service and be safe! 

JFHWGBKRIII

God Bless.  Thank you and all the other service folks for your service to our country.

the 1 and only

thank you for your service
My prayers for you and your mates may you all return safe
may god comfort your family
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

inhognation

Godspeed, be safe and thanks for your service!!

Hog Fan from Camden

Praying for you and all troops in harms way.  Thanks for your service.

Hornet Fan

LRHawg

Thanks for your service and Godspeed. I hope you brought plenty of Razorback paraphernalia.

the_kosher_pig

Thank you for your service.  Return home safe!
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Huckleberry Pig

Thanks for your service Nate, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers

lahawg1

Prayers sent, good luck, head down, firearm locked and cocked........and thanks for what you do.

AR_dustoff

corpitguy

Godspeed.  Thanks for your service.

Iamphatman

Razorfox

I'm heading out in a few weeks myself, but not to Afghanistan this time.  Been there, done that. 

I'll be heading out to support operations on another hotspot continent. 

Good luck and keep your head down. 

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

grayhawg

Good luck Nate, thanks for your service. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

DeltaBoy

Stay Safe adn God Speed you back home to Ark.   Thanks for your service.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pfrg999

God Speed and God Bless! Be Safe.. and Thank you! WPS
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

thefisher

Stay safe and come back home. Thank you for your service. You are appreciated!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Squealers

Nate I know you are not asking for anything, but it is my honor to thank you and your fellow service members for the sacrifice you make to support the freedom of all American's.   You will be in my thoughts and I will be looking forward to your check-ins.

Be safe.  Be prepared.  Be vigilant.   Remember your training.  With 3 prior deployments you know the drill, but don't let complacency creep in. 

We have your back here, so if you need anything for you, your squad, or any of the troops on base, please either PM me, or post up here so Hogville can get whatever it is you guys need to carry on in your mission, or just to be able to have a slice of home in Afghanistan.

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Cameron_08

Thank you for serving! God Bless you! And have a great CHRISTmas!

larpigfanc

Thank You For Your Service Sir!
God Bless You and Hold You Close!
Don't forget to pratice "Ducking"!
Always consult your Doctor B4 beginning any exercise/workout regime! Note: These workouts best used in conjuction with RAZORBACK Sports Coverage. Feel the BURN

schmeck

Godspeed brother.  Iraq sucked back in 02' I know that, but I'd rather spend my vacation dollars in Baghdad over Kandahar any day.  Good luck to you.  Keep that trigger finger loose and ready.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

astro890

Thank you for service to me, my family, and our country. Please stay safe and return to your family. I cant thank you enough and hope all goes well.
:razorback:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...

Catfish John

Watch your top knot.  You're a man among boys.  Thanks for all that you do.
I went to something called brunch, at which a piece of fried chicken became soaked in egg yolk.  My life will never be the same.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Doug

Nate, you won't be running into my Nephew then (he's Navy).  God speed, Sir, and bring your ass home SAFE, Soldier!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

mj4president

Good luck my man, kill'em all.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

oldhawg

SpareRib

Light 'em up, Nate, and stay safe, my friend.

You and yours remain in our prayers.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Inhogswetrust

THANK YOU for your service and God speed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HamHands

Keep your head down brother! Stay safe and thanks for your service.
One day at a time.

Hey Super

Thank you brother, be safe!!  :razorback:
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

jt82hogs

Godspeed - you will be in our prayers.

GolfNut57

Don't know you from Adam but good luck with your next tour and hopefully God will bring you home safe and sound to your loved ones. Thanks for doing a job that is so unappreciated by many across America.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

SoCal Hog

Stay safe, Nate. Thanks for your service.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

mhuff

Nate. keep in touch. My father was in the USAF for 16 years after WWII. He died from a heart attack. I pray that God will protect you while you are on this tour of duty and afterward. God Bless you for protecting our country. You are a hero to me and many others.