Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

very proud of my son today

Started by kodiakisland, November 03, 2012, 03:09:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

Just found out he was awarded a 4 year Army ROTC scholarship.  The October board is the first board that meets and only awards 200 scholarships.  I'm really proud of him to be one of those 200.  I'm hoping his future career will be all he expects it to be and more.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SpareRib

Great news, Kodiak!  Congrats to your son.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Flying Razorback

Awesome!  I went to college on an Air Force ROTC scholarship and it did wonders for me and my family.  It made me more focused in college, helped me set goals, and paid for school.  I was very lucky to receive my scholarship and it really pointed my life in the right direction.

I think this is going to do wonders for your son and your family.  Congrats!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

kodiakisland

Thanks guys.  I wouldn't brag on me, but my son is different.  Can't wait to pin his bars one day.

I'm just glad we talked him out of West Point.  I'd much rather see him have a somewhat normal life in college than what he would go through at one of the academies.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

82abn Ard

99toLife

Congrats..  It's okay to brag a little bit, you should be proud.

GolfnHog

Quote from: 99toLife on November 05, 2012, 07:35:25 am
Congrats..  It's okay to brag a little bit, you should be proud.

Hell, that deserves all the bragging and toasting Kokiak can muster. Congratulations to your son and to your family.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

99toLife

Quote from: Glenn (TxRzrbak) R on November 05, 2012, 04:00:09 pm
Hell, that deserves all the bragging and toasting Kokiak can muster. Congratulations to your son and to your family.

Exactly, you know he is still smiling!  ;D

US Navy Razorback

Great News.  Good luck to your son.

hogginbama

Congrats for you son and yourself Kodiak. Definitely okay to be proud when one of our children accomplish something this good. Tell that young man to keep his ears open and learn from every uniform wearer around him, regardless of branch of service.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.