Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Family Loses Second Son in Afghan War (from Arkansas).

Started by oldhawg, January 23, 2012, 03:12:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhawg

Just read this in Military.com; excerpts follow.  Maybe I missed it some other place, but my prayers are offered to this family and these heroes

"Family Loses Second Son in Afghan War
January 19, 2012
Associated Press|by Tim Talley

The war in Afghanistan has claimed the lives of two sons of an Arkansas couple who also have a third son in the military.

Sgt. 1st Class Benjamin Wise, 34, of Little Rock, was on his fourth deployment overseas when he was injured during an insurgent attack on his unit last week. He died from his wounds Sunday at hospital in Germany, the Department of Defense said in a statement Tuesday.

His brother, 35-year-old Jeremy Wise, was killed in a terrorist attack on a CIA outpost in Afghanistan in December 2009. He was a former Navy Seal working as a security contractor....

The men's parents, Dr. Jean and Mary Wise of Hope, Ark..."

Ragnar Hogbrok

Wow.  I hate to hear that.  Losing one loved one is more than enough pain to endure, but losing two sons?  My heart aches for this family.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

TeufelHog

Read it . . . and never forget that family's sacrifice.  Thoughts and prayers.

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock)
January 22, 2012 Pg. 1H
"Two Brothers"
By Paul Greenberg

ShooShooBlue

Sincere Condolences. Sorry for the late response but I've been off Hogville for awhile.
twatever!!!😂