Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we play A&M again at a neutral site do we win?

Started by HOGness4life, September 27, 2016, 03:48:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGness4life

I don't consider playing in the state of Texas a neutral site game against TEXAS a&m.

If we play in say, Shreveport Louisiana, with unbiased refs, do we win that game?

I say yes without hesitation.

Onwards and upwards hogs!

PonderinHog

RagingHawgOn

No, we were beat by the better team Saturday.

Not at all displeased with CBB or our direction, though. We are progressing.

HOGness4life

Ponderin, I've been on hogville for 10 years.

How long has your pessimistic self been here?

Bubba's Bruisers

And we win again!  So many theoretical wins for us.  I can't keep up.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RME

Quote from: HOGness4life on September 27, 2016, 03:54:57 pm

Please go do something you're at least semi-decent at, one of which is not trolling.

One look at your post history says everything. If you're too much of a moron to throw some replies around any other time of the season except just during A&M week, you might actually be able to cover your tracks a little better.

Probably not though.

PonderinHog

Onward and up yours, aggie troll.

Sed76

Might be a little closer but the end result would still be the same. Last year we just had more offensive firepower to keep up when the defense craps out. We aren't quite there yet this year.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HOGness4life on September 27, 2016, 03:48:50 pm
I don't consider playing in the state of Texas a neutral site game against TEXAS a&m.

If we play in say, Shreveport Louisiana, with unbiased refs, do we win that game?

Get a friggin' clue. No, it's very unlikely that we would have beaten them playing somewhere else. The referring and the fact it was played in Texas has NOTHING at all with the results of the game. The fact of the matter is that TAM is just an overall better team at this point.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

grayhawg

They were stronger, quicker and faster than us, they beat us at the line of scrimmage nearly every play and really bad in the 4th quarter.

PORKULATOR

Probably not.
However, the way they limped off the field, they'd come into the game distracted and nervous. Sooooo, maybe?????
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

King Kong

If we don't turn the ball over we will be in the game. Would we win? Probably not

007 License To Squeal

Nope...not this year.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hoggish1

Squinky The Curse

I just love the idea that a stadium owned by an Arkansas alum, where he does everything he possibly can to make it like an Arkansas home game, it's not only not considered a neutral site, but you're trying to claim it is an advantage for A&M because it is located in Texas.

Okay.  :)

Bogghawg

Dallas has always been a Hog friendly destination.  Always.  I was listening to the game on the radio while driving last Saturday and the crowd was equally deafening no matter what happened or who was cheering.  Some of my greatest memories are the old SWC basketball tourneys at Reunion Arena where we outnumbered all 8 other texas schools combined.
And yes, we would have lost in Shreveport, College Station, Fayetteville or Timbuktu.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

The location did not cause the loss.  A&M was/is the better team.  If we were coached better, the loss could have been by a closer margin and if we had played smarter, we could have scared the hell out of A&M, but it is highly doubtful we could have won.  We were just out talented and out coached and we got beat.

Foozzball

StuartDavin

Zero doubt that these Aggie "fans" are the same person. With wayyyy too much time on his hands.

zumhog

Nashville Fan

Was at the game. It felt 50 - 50. aTm didn't have an advantage in fan numbers
Pittman or Bust!

Locutus_of_Boar

A&M isn't really relevant to the question nor is Jerry World.

Arkansas fans would know Bielema's Arkansas teams are 3-3 against Power 5 teams in games in Texas. 

All time, Arkansas is 43-43-2 in games played in the Metroplex.  That record was factored into the plans for a long-term series in Texas.

A&M fans need to understand Kevin Sumlin will be old enough for social security and have extended their current winning streak to 17 games in a row to finally break even in the Arkansas series so they do indeed every break they can get.

As for playing football in Shreveport, clearly you have never been to a game at Independence Stadium. 

b-ash

Weakest a&m crowd in my 5 years of going.  I am not so sure that we wouldnt beat them if we played again.  We are closer to them than the score would indicate.  Just rewatched and with 3 minutes left in 3rd Q we are about to take a 24-17 lead.  We all know what happen after that, but let's not forget we were going toe to toe before we failed to capitalize.  We didn't handle the adversity well and the final score looks bad, but this board has completely overreacted based on the final score.

rude1

They have won in Fayetteville too, so the answer is NO, doesn't seem to matter where we play these days, they win.

Foozzball

Quote from: b-ash on September 27, 2016, 08:38:18 pm
Weakest a&m crowd in my 5 years of going.  I am not so sure that we wouldnt beat them if we played again.  We are closer to them than the score would indicate.  Just rewatched and with 3 minutes left in 3rd Q we are about to take a 24-17 lead.  We all know what happen after that, but let's not forget we were going toe to toe before we failed to capitalize.  We didn't handle the adversity well and the final score looks bad, but this board has completely overreacted based on the final score.

For whatever reason, Bielema's teams at Arkansas seem to run out of gas in the 4th quarter.  I don't really understand it.  It happened against TCU too.  Luckily like a professional wrestler, we got our second wind late in the 4th and OT and pulled it out.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 27, 2016, 04:02:57 pm
Onward and up yours, aggie troll.

This....
Ponderin-42,678 posts. Always insightful, often times witty.
HOGness4life- 379

HOGness...you don't want to go there....just sayin'
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: b-ash on September 27, 2016, 08:38:18 pm
Weakest a&m crowd in my 5 years of going.

I think our fans are tired of paying outrageous ticket prices to watch a football game in a venue with the ambiance of an oversized warehouse. No point in making Hog alum Jerry Jones wealthier.

parallaxpig

Crowd was pretty evenly split so no A&M advantage. If hogs walk away with 21 instead of 3 the three times inside the two yard line it's a different ball game
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

jjdlc

We had chances, but shot ourselves in the foot.  If the game were played ten times, the Aggies probably win 8 this year.

BR

386 post in 10 years, 38.6 post per year, 3.216666667 per month, .107222 per day   You da freakin Man

NO, we don't beat them.....

What if? is a question that often is used in the context of:

Counterfactual history
    Alternate history
    Uchronia

What if you could be anything, or anybody, you chose to be? Think about it. What would you choose to be?
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HotlantaHog

Only if CBB decides to be a little more flexible with his offensive philosophy or gets the flu and someone else stands in... If we try to run it up the middle repeatedly against a stacked defense, hard to see how the outcome would be different.

NaturalStateReb

No.  It was a personnel mismatch in some areas, and A&M had a little better gameplan.

Regarding the site, I don't think this is going to be in Dallas much longer.  Texas A&M wants to move this series to its newly expanded Kyle Field, so I wouldn't anticipate this series to continue at a neutral site.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.