Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NY Judge rules that Zeke must serve suspension

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 31, 2017, 12:16:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't it come out that Zeke didn't really do anything to that girl and the girl had made a lot of her claims up? And that the NFL investigator advised no punishment against Zeke?

moses_007

I'm beginning to think that the majority of women's claims are made up.  We're seeing more and more of this daily in the news.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 31, 2017, 12:16:58 am
Looks like DMac will finally get to play . . .

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article181807146.html#storylink=mainstage
I think the reason Darren hasn't even suited out for most games is because Jerry Jones did not want to risk any type of injury to the injury prone McFadden. How many turf toes, hamstrings,ankle sprains, etc has Darren suffered throughout his star-crossed career ? I don't know the exact number but I do know it's been way, way too many. By resting McFadden the first half of the season when Darren wasn't really needed, Jerry has kept an ace in the hole if and when Elliott was forced to serve his six game suspension. Darren's body is not sore, his legs are fresh and in shape and he should be ready to really shine when called upon to take Elliott's place. Sounds like it's going to be sooner than later. Good luck Darren, God knows you deserve at least half of a year injury free. DMAC can literally save the Cowboys season if he comes back as physically sound as he should be after this extended rest.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

threeNout

It's good for another Razorback too.

AC will climb among the rushing leaders even more now, he's at #9 now with 478 yards with only 80 attempts.
(Everyone else is the top 10 has well over 100 attempts.)

Zeke is #3 with 690 yards,  (194 attempts)  Hunt of KC is #1 with 763 yards (146 attempts).

Last week was the first game the Ravens gave AC a serious workload (18 carries).

If they do that every week from here on out, he might catch them all, Zeke will certainly be out of the way for the rushing title.

To see AC finish in the top 4 and maybe make the pro bowl would be awesome.

threeNout

just looking over those rushing stats, it's noteworthy that Zek's longest run out of his almost 200 attempts is 30 yards.

Zek may be more likely to get 5 yards than DMac, but big play potential from the RB spot may increase with McFadden back there.  If he gets half the attempts Zek has gotten over the next 6 games, I'll bet he goes over 30 yards more than once.

kodiakisland

Quote from: sickboy on October 31, 2017, 01:04:42 am
Correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't it come out that Zeke didn't really do anything to that girl and the girl had made a lot of her claims up? And that the NFL investigator advised no punishment against Zeke?

For the most part yes.  Probably why there were no charges either.

QuoteRoberts recommended no suspension for Elliott following her interviews with [the accuser] during the investigation _ a fact she testified to during the appeals hearing with Henderson, according to a source.
But Roberts' recommendation never made it into the NFL's final report and the official suspension letter on Aug. 11, which cited the league's findings of three instances of domestic violence by Elliott against [his accuser] based on the victim's testimony and photographic evidence.

Even more troubling is that when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conducted a meeting to discuss discipline for Elliott, it included Lisa Friel, the senior vice president for investigations, Jeff Pash, executive vice president and general counsel and Adolpho Birch, senior vice president of labor policy and government affairs, among others.

But Roberts was not at the meeting, where Friel recommended a six-game suspension to Goodell.

It was testified during the appeal hearing that Friel barred Roberts from the meeting, per a source.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/8/31/16237788/nfl-lead-investigator-kia-wright-roberts-recommended-no-suspension-for-ezekiel-elliott
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

onebadrubi

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 31, 2017, 05:06:41 am
For the most part yes.  Probably why there were no charges either.

And this is why jerry is stopping the contract extension talks with goodell.  Guy is making some unfounded dumb decisions.

He's penalizing Elliot without evidence to make up for the ray rice screw up

Hogarusa

Quote from: moses_007 on October 31, 2017, 01:08:27 am
I'm beginning to think that the majority of women's claims are made up.  We're seeing more and more of this daily in the news.

Yikes...quite a hot take.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

EastexHawg

I think the idea that the Cowboys have played three different running backs this year, with none of them named Darren McFadden, but that they are now going to put him at the top of the heap and give him most of the carries is unlikely to say the least.

snoot hoggy hog

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 31, 2017, 08:59:10 am
I think the idea that the Cowboys have played three different running backs this year, with none of them named Darren McFadden, but that they are now going to put him at the top of the heap and give him most of the carries is unlikely to say the least.

I, too, think it is quite plausible that DMac has been withheld to "preserve" him for lead duty in the event Elliott's suspension finally kicked in.  We shall soon find out.

IMO, Morris is a quality "relief" back at this stage.  I believe it is telling that DMac was getting the first string carries during the entire pre-season, and performed well.  He also proved in 2015 that he can handle the load.  Yes, he is "older" now - but, by all indications, he's a "fresh" 30 (just turned recently) who has very low miles on him the last year and a half. 

Since he has not been active in more than 2 mos. I wouldn't be surprised for Morris to get more carries this first game.  But I do expect Darren to take over the lead role quickly.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 31, 2017, 05:50:23 am
And this is why jerry is stopping the contract extension talks with goodell.  Guy is making some unfounded dumb decisions.

He's penalizing Elliot without evidence to make up for the ray rice screw up

Isnt there a arbitration clause in the CBA with the players union that Zeke went through and also lost? And isn't there others involved in disciplinary decisions made by the NFL?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

holeinthewall

Dallas isn't making the playoffs with or without the convict.

sickboy

Quote from: hogsanity on October 31, 2017, 11:51:02 am
Isnt there a arbitration clause in the CBA with the players union that Zeke went through and also lost? And isn't there others involved in disciplinary decisions made by the NFL?

Long story short, after I've read a lot of briefs on the matter today:

1. Yes, there was an appeal that Elliott lost. But to be clear. He lost that appeal because his hearing officer decided that he himself didn't have the authority to question Goddell's investigation and findings on the matter. He didn't lose the appeal because his hearing officer looked into the investigation and found Goddell was capricious in his findings. Instead, the investigation wasn't looked at at all during the appeal.

2. No. Goddell is the only person who gets to make the call on discipline. There are investigators, in this case two women, who both found that the woman accusing Elliott was more than likely lying. But Goddell alone decided to ignore that.

3. Elliott was not convicted of any crime. In fact, the state of Ohio dropped all charges because they found the facts in the case too flimsy to press charges. Now, why would the NFL give him a six game suspension after the state of Ohio dropped charges? Goddell's answer, and he's not wrong, is that the NFL isn't a legal body. They can suspend anyone they want for bad behavior. Goddell's argument is that through their investigation, he did feel that Elliott was violent toward the woman and that is a domestic disturbance issue. And since Goddell screwed up the Ray Rice and the Josh Brown case, it's an automatic 6 game suspension.

4. Worth noting, that Goddell was not involved in any investigational interview whatsoever. He read the investigation report, decided that the woman had sustained bruises... and that Elliott could not thoroughly explain how those bruises got there. End of story for Goddell.

The truth of the matter is -- Goddell is making up for the fact that he had video evidence of Ray Rice brutally beating a woman and decided to suspend him one game. And he's making up for the fact that after he screwed up that situation, he still decided to suspend Josh Brown for one game after years of known abuse against his wife.

Long story short -- there is evidence supporting Elliott's claim that he wasn't violent toward this woman. The state of Ohio agrees. Roger Goddell is making an example of him because he can. And the NFL arbitration process can't or won't do anything to impede what Goddell wants.

bennyl08

Quote from: moses_007 on October 31, 2017, 01:08:27 am

Of such crimes reported, between 2-10% are shown to be false reports. About 63% of sexual are never reported in the first place.

The 2-10% range is fairly wide stemming from inconsistent methodology. A false report should technically be one where the evidence shows that the crime was not committed or attempted. Often times though, false reports will also include unsubstantiated cases where there wasn't enough evidence to prove the crime, but there's nothing to suggest the victim was not being truthful either.

Then, when you factor in the 63% of sexual assaults going unreported, and let's assume a middle road value of 5% of claims being false, that 5% actually drops down to below 2%. The 2-10% range translates to 0.7 to 3.7% are false with the true value likely being closer to the floor of the range rather than the ceiling.

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/Publications_NSVRC_Overview_False-Reporting.pdf

If you have 10 women claiming to have been sexually assaulted, 6 of them will be too scared or embarrassed to report it. Less than one would be falsely claiming sexual assault.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on October 31, 2017, 11:51:02 am

edit: I see sickboy laid it out much better than i