Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 38 Thread: #12 Arkansas (25-12) vs. Nebraska (14-19)

Started by ucahogfan, April 16, 2013, 08:04:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 16, 2013, 05:20:24 pm
How often did DVH get up and complain?
Coaches will get tossed without hesitation for arguing balls/strikes.  If you watched the game, you would have seen just how many times the ump called a ball 5-6 inches off the plate a strike.

arkmark

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 16, 2013, 05:21:28 pm
So are you saying midweek games matter?

No, just that I read it on the internet that they don't so it's gotta be true!

ucahogfan

ESPN Arkansas‏@espnarkansas5m
According to Chuck Barrett, this is the first record of an Arkansas baseball team being no hit in program history.

Danny J

Quote from: arkmark on April 16, 2013, 05:23:07 pm
No, just that I read it on the internet so it's gotta be true!
Yep....for sure true.

arkmark

UCA, see your point about how quick the hook would be argueing balls and strikes.  But sometimes the point needs to be made and getting tossed for a couple of innings might work out by delivering your message before the second game starts when you come back to the dugout.

Danny J

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 16, 2013, 05:25:27 pm
ESPN Arkansas‏@espnarkansas5m
According to Chuck Barrett, this is the first record of an Arkansas baseball team being no hit in program history.
Wow....

Danny J

Quote from: arkmark on April 16, 2013, 05:27:16 pm
UCA, see your point about how quick the hook would be argueing balls and strikes.  But sometimes the point needs to be made and getting tossed for a couple of innings might work out by delivering your message before the second game starts when you come back to the dugout.
Totally agree......

GeauxOmaHogs

ucahogfan

Quote from: arkmark on April 16, 2013, 05:27:16 pm
I know in SEC play, an ejection means you are also suspended for the next game, not sure if it is that way in the non-conference.  If it were a conference game, you would have probably seen DVH go crazy on this ump, but the strike zone would never be this bad in SEC play.

Knot2brite

Getting beat in a midweek game...not a big deal....getting no hit for the first time in school history and being in the top ten to a team that is struggling in the big ten......does matter ....a lot....oh I know the same ones are going to tell me that sweeping A&M will make us move up...but getting no hit by a mediocre big ten team doesn't look good on the resume for hosting
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Triple T

Unacceptable. DVH should sit every single one of them for game 2.

arkmark

I've read you enough that I trust your PBP on the ball and strike zone problems.  And, that bad, especially in a mid-week game, even with my less than important coaching experience, you almost have a duty to get out there and get tossed and show your team and umps that games always matter.

Oliver

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 16, 2013, 05:38:17 pm
Getting beat in a midweek game...not a big deal....getting no hit for the first time in school history and being in the top ten to a team that is struggling in the big ten......does matter ....a lot....oh I know the same ones are going to tell me that sweeping A&M will make us move up...but getting no hit by a mediocre big ten team doesn't look good on the resume for hosting

And for all those that aren't blind, it further demonstrates our ongoing problem at the plate

Danny J

Quote from: Oliver on April 16, 2013, 05:40:05 pm
And for all those that aren't blind, it further demonstrates our ongoing problem at the plate
Is it the coaching or the recruiting? Have we stopped going after the Eibner's and Cox's of the world and focused only on pitchers?

Oliver

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 16, 2013, 05:47:17 pm
Is it the coaching or the recruiting? Have we stopped going after the Eibner's and Cox's of the world and focused only on pitchers?

I don't even care about whats causing it any more.  All I care about is whats being done about it.  The answer for the last couple of years has been nothing

Danny J

Quote from: Oliver on April 16, 2013, 05:49:19 pm
I don't even care about whats causing it any more.  All I care about is whats being done about it.  The answer for the last couple of years has been nothing
Certainly is frustrating.

idochog

I love Jesus!

tiber

I don't know why some of you are expressing care... there's no care necessary for these mid-week games.

They are IRRELEVANT.

- bsking

PorcineSublime

I used to think it was the hitting coach. But did you ever notice that when DVH is out of town and he is left in charge, the team hits like an all star team?(An obvious exaggeration, but they do hit much better.) I am not advocating a change at the top, just saying that he might not be THE hitting coach after all. If that is the case, getting a new one will only mean we lose a great recruiter to bring in someone else that will not be THE hitting coach either.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

bsking

Quote from: tiber on April 16, 2013, 06:08:21 pm
I don't know why some of you are expressing care... there's no care necessary for these mid-week games.

They are IRRELEVANT.

- bsking

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or concerned about your infatuation with me.  Every other post, even your sig line...

El Puerco

Quote from: PorcineSublime on April 16, 2013, 06:10:05 pm
I used to think it was the hitting coach. But did you ever notice that when DVH is out of town and he is left in charge, the team hits like an all star team?(An obvious exaggeration, but they do hit much better.) I am not advocating a change at the top, just saying that he might not be THE hitting coach after all. If that is the case, getting a new one will only mean we lose a great recruiter to bring in someone else that will not be THE hitting coach either.

Agree

Danny J

I never thought about that. I sure hope that is not the case.

HognotinMemphis

What do Nebraska and New Mexico have in common?

Answer:

They both start with "N"!

How many fans in attendance today? More than 1,000, on a Tuesday?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Oliver

Yeah, I used to be on the Fire Butler bandwagon, but not so much anymore.

I fully believe our problem at the plate can be fixed by Van Horn.  He's just not doing it for whatever reason.

We don't need a new coach IMO

azhog10

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 16, 2013, 05:30:44 pm
I know in SEC play, an ejection means you are also suspended for the next game, not sure if it is that way in the non-conference.  If it were a conference game, you would have probably seen DVH go crazy on this ump, but the strike zone would never be this bad in SEC play.
If that's the case when did DVH sit out his last game when he was tossed out just last weekend? So is he having to sit out the TAMU game? Might want to check the actual rules on that one.

ucahogfan

Quote from: azhog10 on April 17, 2013, 03:27:16 pm
If that's the case when did DVH sit out his last game when he was tossed out just last weekend? So is he having to sit out the TAMU game? Might want to check the actual rules on that one.
He got tossed Sunday.  Next SEC game is Friday.  I'm not 100% sure on that rule.  It might just be he has to sit one of the remaining games.  Think that is a big reason why DVH isn't as willing to get tossed as he used to be.

dotnet

I'm pretty sure DVH didn't have to sit out a game last year after Florida last year