Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nike or UA? (When GM is coaching)

Started by mj4president, November 17, 2017, 12:10:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Will get keep the Nike Swish or start protecting our house regarding our clothes for the games?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

no habla espanol. But in all seriousness, I don't understand what you just said
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

mj4president

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 17, 2017, 12:13:30 pm

Will we switch from Nike to Under Armour?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

I hope not. UA puts some of their teams in horrendous stuff. i.e. Maryland.

LittlePigMan

Nike has a lot more prestige. Plus as an outdoorsman I will never own anything of theirs so they can go belly up as far as I'm concerned.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

FraggleHog

Quote from: Karma on November 17, 2017, 12:16:29 pm
I hope not. UA puts some of their teams in horrendous stuff. i.e. Maryland.

Maryland is to Under Armor as Oregon is to Nike. Have you seen how ugly some of the Oregon kits are?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hawginj

Well we have lots of years before thats decided

NuttinItUp

Whoever pays the most coin.

Honestly, who cares.

jgphillips3

Pretty sure our contract with Nike, and not Gus, will determine how long we are with Nike.

Sed76

If Under Armour will get rid of the tusks and bring back the classic running hog logo on the sleeves I would be all for it. Plus the team hasn't had great luck with those awesome Nike shoes.

rwspear

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 12:52:51 pm
Whoever pays the most coin.

Honestly, who cares.

its actually a pretty big deal?

we wont leave Nike. its kinda required for recruiting.

247Hog

A football coach doesn't get to decided what every student athlete wears.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 17, 2017, 12:13:30 pm

this made me lol for some reason.

+1

Snouty

I really don't care as long as we're winning.

HUNGLOWHOG

Hogwaller

Quote from: LittlePigMan on November 17, 2017, 12:35:49 pm
Nike has a lot more prestige. Plus as an outdoorsman I will never own anything of theirs so they can go belly up as far as I'm concerned.

Surprises me because all the kids seem to be wanting UA. I thought Nike was yesterday.

LRHawg

I don't think the coach has that much to do with what Brand a school aligns with.

greenEGnHAWGS

Oh holy cow...the weekly meltdown on here would be glorious if AU made Arkansas the new Oregon...

I like the traditional uniforms...but I'm literally chuckling just thinking of the HV collective blood-pressure with a new neon Hog uniform every week...

For real though...lets stick with Nike
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HF#1

Gus isn't going to turn us into Auburn. He's just coming from Auburn.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RebelliousHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 17, 2017, 01:21:16 pm
Gus isn't going to turn us into Auburn. He's just coming from Auburn.

Gus ain't the coach.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

BroyledNutts

Whatever Auburn contracts for their players.

Drop the Mike

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 17, 2017, 01:25:47 pm
Wikipedia disagrees with you

Scholarly papers don't use Wiki as a credible source. Neither should we.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: mj4president on November 17, 2017, 12:10:36 pm
Will get keep the Nike Swish or start protecting our house regarding our clothes for the games?

Faded Glory?

JONAS

Quote from: Sed76 on November 17, 2017, 12:55:45 pm
If Under Armour will get rid of the tusks and bring back the classic running hog logo on the sleeves I would be all for it. Plus the team hasn't had great luck with those awesome Nike shoes.

Gus will bring back the traditional uniforms. 

Tusker4life

Let's bring back solid white pants, solid red jersey, only numbers, and the red helmet with white hog as the home uni. Just use white version jersey for away. Let's go old school like Alabama. This changup crap is NOT the RAZORBACKS. Too worried about uniforms when we need to worry about classes first, defense and offense in that order.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Tusker4life on November 17, 2017, 08:18:03 pm
Let's bring back solid white pants, solid red jersey, only numbers, and the red helmet with white hog as the home uni. Just use white version jersey for away. Let's go old school like Alabama. This changup crap is NOT the RAZORBACKS. Too worried about uniforms when we need to worry about classes first, defense and offense in that order.

Who exactly is worrying about uniforms?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HardCore

I just hate giving Knight any of our money with him being the primary booster of Oregon......one of our main track & field rivals
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

greasy_corner

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 17, 2017, 01:25:47 pm
Wikipedia disagrees with you

Common sense disagrees with you.  Click clack [CENSORED].

sigpooie

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

The_MardDog

Whoever pays the players... whoever pays the school more.

SchrodingersHog

Just out of curiosity, how much money did the University get for selling our identity?  Was the deal negotiated by Long?

atom hog

I personally like the Oregon Uniforms. I like UA unis too. I do believe it's a recruiting tool also. Some will be ugly (to us older folks), but there are also cool opportunities. Plusif our team sucks, at least some folks will still check them out because of the uniforms.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Sed76 on November 17, 2017, 12:55:45 pm

So you're saying we don't make the decision on design?  We sign a contract with Nike or whomever, nd they tell us what our uniform looks like?  LMAO @ Long

greenEGnHAWGS

Do some of y'all not realize that we don't HAVE to look like we're in 1943 in order to rep the school well. Times have changed and this is our reality that uniforms do nothing for the wins and losses and play no factor in recruiting...but the kids like cool uniforms. We've not done ANYTHING drastic and kept it fairly traditional. There's no problem with accent pieces at the shoulders. Everyone has em somewhere. We just call em a tusk. There's nothing wrong with anthracite. There's nothing wrong with a chrome helmet. Again, it's just the day we live in. It's time we quit moaning every time there's a change made.