Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Finally At The Top-(of the hot seat listing)

Started by hogcard1964, September 25, 2017, 08:02:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Quote from: HardCore on September 25, 2017, 08:32:15 am
Congratulations to BB!  Finally found something in which he can come out on top!  Catching some of the winning spirit there.....
This!

Hoggie17

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 25, 2017, 10:39:12 am
Bielema is a higher-character version of Nutt.  The joke is on us.
Well if you remember when he was hired I said he is Nutt 2, I was wrong Nutt is a much better coach.

hogcard1964

Quote from: SemperFi on September 25, 2017, 11:10:06 am
You are dead wrong....dead wrong. I live in Savannah, GA and have heard it from a multitude of people about the Razorbacks. Georgia fans are laughing. Gator fans are laughing. You name the alma mater and they're laughing too. The expectations for Razorback anything just doesn't reside here in Hogville, it's in everything and everywhere there are Razorback fans. I work with several Hog fans and we're getting abused today about the situation on top of the Hill.

A close friend of mine (former employee), who's a Wisconsin fan, just reminded me of a conversation I had with him back in 2013 or '14 about Bielema's credentials.  Except it involved more off the field issues that he had gone through in Wisconsin, than it did his actual coaching ability.  It's strange how these matters have flipped.  His coaching ability (or lack there of) is the issue that has him on the hot seat and not his off the field issues.

...yet. 

Hoggie17

Quote from: hoglady on September 25, 2017, 10:45:48 am
Doesn't mean anyone wanted him to fail.
Some of us feel he has failed and that he's just not capable of succeeding here.
So the best thing for the program is for him to move on.
Hoglady is correct, If CBB did what is right he would resign.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 25, 2017, 11:35:21 am
Well if you remember when he was hired I said he is Nutt 2, I was wrong Nutt is a much better coach.

He actually is. 

hawgon

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 11:37:51 am
A close friend of mine (former employee), who's a Wisconsin fan, just reminded me of a conversation I had with him back in 2013 or '14 about Bielema's credentials.  Except it involved more off the field issues that he had gone through in Wisconsin, than it did his actual coaching ability.  It's strange how these matters have flipped.  His coaching ability (or lack there of) is the issue that has him on the hot seat and not his off the field issues.

...yet.

Just wait until the let loose the dogs on his arse.  Some of that stuff will come up again. 

Athog

hogcard1964

hobhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 11:37:51 am

...yet.

Wally Hall would be proud.

longpig

Quote from: HardCore on September 25, 2017, 08:32:15 am
Congratulations to BB!  Finally found something in which he can come out on top!  Catching some of the winning spirit there.....

This is Arkansas football's greatest accomplishment since winning the Fulmer Cup.  WPS!
Don't be scared, be smart.

Michael D Huff AIA

longpig

Quote from: hoglady on September 25, 2017, 10:33:16 am
We are in a pickle that's for sure.

It the season continues to tank - I imagine Jeff Long will be feeling some heat.
But then you've got that huge buyout that may prohibit making a needed change.
Tough spot.

That buyout is written on paper not on stone.  He'll take less to save face (and his career), move on to an Other 5 gig and probably never ever sniff a P5 job again. 

longpig

Quote from: SemperFi on September 25, 2017, 11:10:06 am
You are dead wrong....dead wrong. I live in Savannah, GA and have heard it from a multitude of people about the Razorbacks. Georgia fans are laughing. Gator fans are laughing. You name the alma mater and they're laughing too. The expectations for Razorback anything just doesn't reside here in Hogville, it's in everything and everywhere there are Razorback fans. I work with several Hog fans and we're getting abused today about the situation on top of the Hill.

Yep, in my travels I've been pleasantly surprised at how college football fans everywhere think highly of Arkansas football and take pleasure in seeing it struggle. 

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on September 25, 2017, 09:11:55 am
I agree with you.  Going to OT and winning didn't help his cause that much in Aggieland.

Well, the officials did spot us 7 points.  Would have beaten us in regulation otherwise.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:08:42 am
I doubt Bielema coaches again. His offers would be limited, he's already made and still will be making a pile of money. He has the personality to take a cush job in the booth while living off Razorback money comfortably, the rest of his life

Quite frankly, I would love to see him in a booth.  He's excellent at it.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: hoglady on September 25, 2017, 10:33:16 am
We are in a pickle that's for sure.

It the season continues to tank - I imagine Jeff Long will be feeling some heat.
But then you've got that huge buyout that may prohibit making a needed change.
Tough spot.

What is JL's buyout?

Quickdraw

longpig

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 25, 2017, 10:05:27 am
Who gets fired first. Bert or Odom?

Bert.  Odom is an alum and the  U of Blow Me State tends to be xenophobic/nepotistic, slow to react.  Mizzou football will comfortably settle back into mediocrity like most all things in that luke warm state. 

1highhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 08:58:21 am
I agree. And if Hogs finish 3-5 or worse, I'll be shocked if Bielema is head coach at Arkansas past early December.

Then prepare to be shocked. 

HoggyCat

Quote from: Tweeter on September 25, 2017, 09:10:01 am
BB is gone....just a matter of time.  I'm more concerned that Jeffery will be allowed to hire the next coach.  If he is allowed we are screwed.

His his hire will be Lester Miles. The goat.

(And I don't mean greatest of all time)
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Wild Bill Hog

hogcard1964

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on September 25, 2017, 12:11:45 pm
What is JL's buyout?

I think if you remove him from the next coach search, he'd be ok to stick around.

hogcard1964

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 12:37:51 pm
No, no chance now.

Hope you're correct, but I think you are wrong.  Would love to eat crow.

There are several, it seems, on here that continue to say that outside of Hogville, that BB is strongly supported.  Truthfully, I believe that is a total and complete lie, plain and simple.

But if I am wrong, why don't you Folks start up a "Believe in Bielema" Sports Website.  Sounds like you would have upwards of 100K supporters right from the start.  It might rival Hogville in very short order and the first rule you should have is no one is welcome who doesn't support the Arkansas Head Coach, Mr. Bret Bielema.  It is one quick way that you folks could get your support for BB upfront and out there clearly showing your feelings.  If most of you who support BB believe the negative or us non-supporters are hurting the program, then take that step and put up a media whereby the folks who have great feelings can do something for the program, the school, and the team.  I would admire a website of that nature.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 25, 2017, 11:38:33 am
Hoglady is correct, If CBB did what is right he would resign.

No, she is wrong on no one wanting him to fail.  Several are posting in this thread.

ricepig

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on September 25, 2017, 12:06:33 pm
Well, the officials did spot us 7 points.  Would have beaten us in regulation otherwise.

Or we may have scored again, all one can go on is what actually occurs, correct?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Tweeter on September 25, 2017, 09:10:01 am
BB is gone....just a matter of time.  I'm more concerned that Jeffery will be allowed to hire the next coach.  If he is allowed we are screwed.

Well then again so is Saban and everyone else .... just a matter or time ;)

More on my feelings.  If it is left up to Jeff Long, BB cannot lose enough games to get fired at seasons end.  There may be management above Mr. Long that forces him to let BB go likely based on how many wins by seasons end.  I think that number is 6 wins.  He wins 6, hes bought himself a couple of more years.

Upper Management has to be wondering by now if it could be true that Long is not the Guy you want hiring Football HCs.  So that is an issue they must solve before firing BB.  We must quit hiring Football Hcs based on outhouse luck and accident.

This HOTSEAT crap means nothing. 

BigE_23

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on September 25, 2017, 12:06:33 pm

Actually, they spotted us 4 points. aTm converted a FG. And you don't know what would have happened in regulation "otherwise".

Hoggie17

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on September 25, 2017, 12:51:00 pm
No, she is wrong on no one wanting him to fail.  Several are posting in this thread.
I didn't say it's what people want him to do, I said its the right thing to do, he can't win at Arkansas.
My son would never eat a healthy diet, but it's the right thing to do.

The Boar War

Quote from: hawgon on September 25, 2017, 11:39:25 am
Just wait until the let loose the dogs on his arse.  Some of that stuff will come up again. 

Is it time to revive the pit bull story that seems to come out whenever the end is near?  Its a personal favorite.

riccoar

Nobody wants Bielema to fail.  To want him to fail, is wanting the Hogs to fail.  I never want or wish that on my Razorbacks.  The tide has simply shifted towards the majority no longer feel he is the guy to have the Razorbacks succeed.

At worst, we should have 4 victories.  No reason to lose to NMS, Coastal, or Mizzou.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 25, 2017, 01:05:55 pm
I didn't say it's what people want him to do, I said its the right thing to do, he can't win at Arkansas.
My son would never eat a healthy diet, but it's the right thing to do.

You said hoglady is right, I disagreed with that statement.

secfan30

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 10:19:19 am
$4 mil isn't worth missing 30 or so days of recruiting assuming they have the new hire lined up and ready to go.

It's easy to spend other people's money

East Clintwood

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on September 25, 2017, 12:08:54 pm
Quite frankly, I would love to see him in a booth.  He's excellent at it.

They're going to have to build a bigger booth.

I think he'd do a excellent job commentating.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DeltaBoy

It we Toledo New Mexico State his seat will be Napalmed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Locutus_of_Boar

Having given Kevin Sumlin a fifth straight boost in the Hot Seat Rankings, CBB has his work cut out for him as he continues his lonely quest to save every coach in America save for himself.

Doug Martin, NMSU #28 out of 129
Will Muschamp #66
Gus Malzahn #37
Scottie Montgomery, ECSU #19
Matt Luke #67
Ed the Ogre #18
Barry Odom #4

Tusks

so now 'not sucking' is an unrealistic expectation.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PorkSoda

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:08:42 am
I doubt Bielema coaches again. His offers would be limited, he's already made and still will be making a pile of money. He has the personality to take a cush job in the booth while living off Razorback money comfortably, the rest of his life
maybe OM will "steal" him away from us, like they did Nuttless.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 25, 2017, 02:29:08 pm
maybe OM will "steal" him away from us, like they did Nuttless.

They should, since they couldn't beat him with the best players they could buy.

Wildhog

I noticed Sean Kugler of UTEP on that list.  If he gets fired I'd love to have him as OL coach. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 02:46:11 pm
They should, since they couldn't beat him with the best players they could buy.
well, he did turn this dumpster fire around and got us back to mediocre status.  I'm sure he could do the same for them. 

and it would save us about 11 mil if they did.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

buldozer

He deserves to be number 1 on the hot seat list... maybe he will bet motivated and actually do something to improve the team's performance on the field.

cj_sez

Quote from: jst01 on September 25, 2017, 08:13:57 am
but no one outside of Hogville is mad. The anger and crazy expectations only exists here and I doubt any normal fan feels like there is a problem with the head coach...

Go to SECRants and click on the Arkansas link. Hogville is not alone.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 25, 2017, 10:06:36 am
Surely they'd wait until January 2 to save $4 million?

He would stay on the payroll until then. (but there would probably just be a negotiated settlement).

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ke2743

Quote from: cj_sez on September 25, 2017, 03:29:18 pm
Go to SECRants and click on the Arkansas link. Hogville is not alone.

They aren't as crucial as we are.