Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Razorback team in your lifetime?

Started by Hogs49ers, November 04, 2017, 05:44:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

I was born in 1988, and have been a die hard Razorback fan all my life and am now a University of Arkansas Alumni.  I will continue to cheer for the Razorbacks no matter how bad things get, but I was just thinking and I realized that this is probably the worst Razorback team I have seen in my entire life? 

Is this true for you?  If not, please let me know which team is the worst.
SCREW Vandy!

shown006

Bielema's first team went 0-8 in conference.....he's trying his best to out do himself.  If those two teams played and he coached each team for one half...it'd end up in something like a 10-10 tie.
WPS!

3kgthog

Bielema's first Hog team might come close.

havok

Makes you miss the good ole days of.....................John L Smith and Jack Crowe coaching.

welchog

hoghappy

I've been a fan since 1965, and have never seen such a slow unmotivated Razorback team.

Pecos Hog

Hogs49ers

Quote from: shown006 on November 04, 2017, 05:46:07 pm
Bielema's first team went 0-8 in conference.....he's trying his best to out do himself.  If those two teams played and he coached each team for one half...it'd end up in something like a 10-10 tie.

Yah you may be right, I guess this is definitely the most shocked I have been and biggest difference between what I expected vs what we are.
SCREW Vandy!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hoghappy on November 04, 2017, 05:48:27 pm
I've been a fan since 1965, and have never seen such a slow unmotivated Razorback team.
True dat. There have been some disastrous games such as Toledo, ULM and Rutgers, however, this absolutely, positively takes the cake. Never been so depressed and down-and-out about this pile of excrement.

dfwalumdad

56 born in 1961 and yes worst in my life time. not close he has got to go! we're slow and fat we can't block or tackle. we are going to lose this game. let's be honest we've already lost this game.

Tusker4life

Probably the mid 90's under Ford and of course the 2005 season under Nutt was bad.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Hogs49ers

The crazy thing is I am just so emotionless at this point, like I could care less, I have never felt this way as a fan in my life...sad sad day to be a Razorback fan.  I am not quite sure what rock bottom is, but I just do not feel like we could get much lower as a program than we are right now.  Do our players and coaches not have any pride? 
SCREW Vandy!

oldbooniehog

As bad as this team is, it is NOT the worst.

The team that lost to every single SWC team except SMU, including horrible losses at home to then SWC-doormat TCU and Rice (friggin RICE!) was worse.

Team that lost in Fayetteville to The Citadel was also worse.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Tusker4life on November 04, 2017, 05:53:07 pm
Probably the mid 90's under Ford and of course the 2005 season under Nutt was bad.
At least Ford made it to Atlanta where BB - C only dreams to be

Deeznutts

This one. By far. Gutless and no coaching. Players have no business in the SEC.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

I guess 2 of them were under Bret. 1st year and this year?

King Kong

bigyellowdog

BDSCT51

Yep! Ever since 1967. This is worse than JC.
Bleeding Razorback Red

runich

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 04, 2017, 05:44:13 pm
I was born in 1988, and have been a die hard Razorback fan all my life and am now a University of Arkansas Alumni.  I will continue to cheer for the Razorbacks no matter how bad things get, but I was just thinking and I realized that this is probably the worst Razorback team I have seen in my entire life? 

Played like it most of today!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogs49ers

You know, I was happy for the players when they were dancing around after coming back to beat Ole Miss on the road and was backing them up when people were unhappy for them dancing, but I will have to admit that I am getting kind of pissed and am very disturbed that our players are dancing around like the just beat fugging Bama right now!  This is pathetic, it is like the bar has been lowered so much...
SCREW Vandy!

BroyledNutts

I can't say they're the worst, but I also can't remember cringing this much while watch Hog football since the Murray State mafia was on the sidelines

Hoggiedawg

This is the worst 5 year run of any Hog team in memory.  Who is the coach for that 5 year run?

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

ChicoHog

I'd say 90, 91 or 92 team.  This one may make top 5 however along with 2012 group. 

Razor1997

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 04, 2017, 06:52:53 pm
I'd say 90, 91 or 92 team.  This one may make top 5 however along with 2012 group.

Yeah, the 1990 team was the worst.  1992 and 2012 also might have been worse than this year, although the 1992 team did have that unforgettable win over Tenner and they destroyed USCe and LSU.

SemperFi

I'm 20 years your senior and YES this is the worst team and coaching staff that I've ever seen at the UA. An absolute embarrassment.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Jimmy

without a doubt, the worst time we've had during a stadium expansion.....

S&W

1990 was the worst. This squad and 2013 are a coin flip for 2nd. 2012, 05, Ford's years were bad. Even the 93 and 95 teams weren't that good coming in 2nd and 1st in the west.

PearlHarbor

Razorback7

This is the worst I have ever seen in 43 yrs in my life. I have never seen a team NOT improve as the season went on.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

PORKULATOR

Bobby's first team I think only won. three and they were little bitty guys.  I mean I saw them in person they were one of the smallest Razorback teams I've ever seen.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Totofan

I was personally at the Citadel loss.  They were a MUCH better team than CC.  I'd have to say that this team is the worst I've EVER seen as a Razorback fan. The game Saturday was absolutely humiliating.  In some ways I wish we'd had gone ahead and lost the game.  Perhaps it would expedite the coaching change we so desperately need.

cjack

If we just consider one season, I'd say his first season here was the worst team of all time.  It was definitely #uncommon to win 0 SEC games. 

CBB is the worst coach of all time.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Kneph13

Definitely in my top three worst razorback teams.
There is no Political Correctness in war

welchog

Really bad part about 1990 was we were back to back undefeated SWC champs and about to jump ship to the SEC.  All but one conference team beat our ass on the way out.

greasy_corner

Mid 40's fan here.  Worst I've ever seen.  And no hope for the future on this present course.   

snoblind

Quote from: hoghappy on November 04, 2017, 05:48:27 pm
I’ve been a fan since 1965, and have never seen such a slow unmotivated Razorback team.

Beat you by a year, 64, and I agree.  I will say there are a few exceptions among the players.   

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 04, 2017, 10:18:30 pm
Bobby's first team I think only won. three and they were little bitty guys.  I mean I saw them in person they were one of the smallest Razorback teams I've ever seen.

I attended the Hogs vs Texas in Austin and we looked like UAPB out there.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 04, 2017, 10:18:30 pm
I think we were 5-7 his first year.  I know we beat LSU in the Rock.

HotlantaHog

John L Smith's year seemed much more disappointing to me than this one.

redleg

2017 is a strong candidate, but I would go with 1992.

Even with that upset at Tennessee (the Vols overlooked Arkansas), that team still finished 3-7-1, and lost to The Citadel (aka "the lowest point in Razorbacks football history"), as well as Memphis, and SMU, and were soundly beaten and controlled by Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss. Not to mention, Jack Crowe was fired after the Game 1 loss to The Citadel, and the Hogs limped along for the rest of the season under interim head coach Joe Kines.
THAT was as bad as I have ever seen Razorback football!  :-[
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

jkstock04

A couple of the Nutt years in the early 2000s were horrendous. 2008 and 2013 were really bad as well. The LSU win to close out the 2008 season was enough to give a little to look forward to.

2013 was really bad as well. It's up for debate which team was worse...2013 or this year. Personally I would have to tip my hat to this year being worse even with 1 SEC win.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HawgWild

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 04, 2017, 06:52:53 pm

Back then we had a pretty good basketball team to look forward to playing.