Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 9 Thread: #20 Arkansas (6-2) vs. Eastern Illinois (0-5)

Started by ucahogfan, March 03, 2015, 06:21:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Bonfield lines out to 1st
3-0 Hogs
heading to top of 4th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

3rd batter grounds to short, thrown out at 1st
3-0 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 4th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Wernes flies out to right, Nomura advanced to 3rd, thrown out at 2nd
2 down

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

The scoring line so far (at the end of last inning):  E. Illinois    0  1   1
                                Hogs         3   2   0

Their one error contributed to one of our runs and although we only have two hits, we had a walk to go with that error to produce the first two runs.  Our fundamentals are just better that E. Illinois
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

Bernal lines one past the pitchers head scoring Shaddy, Bernal safe at 1st
4-0 Hogs
Eastern Illinois with a pitching change upcoming

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

I know it wont last but keep it coming Shaddy and Bernal (who is now hitting .800 with only five official at bats though).  Shaddy is at .500, 2 for 2 today.  Shaddy had 16 official at bats before today.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

Pennell lines one to right center, Bernal scores, Pennell safe at 2nd
5-0 Hogs

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Serrano grounds to right, Pennell thrown out at the plate to end the inning
5-0 Hogs
heading to the top of the 5th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Apparently this right fielder is someone you dont run on!

It also seems to me that we are scoring more runs this year so far with two hours.  Thats encouraging.  Right now we have four or five guys who we weren't necessarily expecting to be hot and some of the ones like Eagan (who started the first three games hot), Serrano, Benitendi and Bonfield who we expected more from not so much.  But I think it will all work out in the end on the hitting side.  I like our defense still despite that one horrid inning.  I hope especially McAfee and Spoon stay healthy.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 03, 2015, 01:20:04 pm
Apparently this right fielder is someone you dont run on!
He definitely has a gun for an arm

THUNDER!

trippigs

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

3rd batter chops to the mound, out at 1st
5-0 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 5th

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Line now still  0  1   2 for E. Illinois
                   5  6   0 now for the Hogs

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

I believe that is Benitendi's third to lead the team (McAfee with two, everyone else with one or less)

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Well at least its now an official game, was it supposed to be seven or the full nine today?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Benintendi is two for three today and brings his BA back up to .250.  Not so much concerned about him, he has generally been making decent contact.  He may be trying a little hard to drive the ball since he is hitting in the third slot, but still he isnt too far off form.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Pennell flies out to center to end the inning
7-0 Hogs
heading to the top of the 6th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

3rd batter with a base hit to shallow center
2 on, 1 out

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

5th batter down on strikes
7-0 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 6th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Bonfield hits into a double play
7-0 Hogs
heading to top of the 7th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!