Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 9 Thread: #20 Arkansas (6-2) vs. Eastern Illinois (0-5)

Started by ucahogfan, March 03, 2015, 06:21:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

3rd batter goes down swinging
7-0 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 7th
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Shaddy with a rip to left, safe at 1st
1 on, 2 out
Shaddy 3 for 3 today

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Bernal down swinging to end the inning
7-0 Hogs
heading to top of the 8th

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

hope I didn't jinx Wernes, but it doesn't seem to have affected Shaddy or Bernal (Shaddy up to .526, Wernes down to .444)

line now:   E.  Illinois   0   2   2
               Hogs         7   8   0
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Hope Pate does well the rest of the game.  with one out he lowered his era by four points from 20.25 to 16.25
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

3rd batter goes down swinging
7-0 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 8th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Spanberger chops into a double play
7-0 Hogs
heading to the top of the 9th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

trippigs

Well a shutout and sweep is welcome anytime. Nice to give a lot of folks playing time. No prima-donnas on this team, staff, admin,etc...they will even clear the field of snow to get a chance to play. Pretty refreshing!

flippinhogmana

Benitendia, hitting star for the day, two for three with a dinger and two rbis!  Shaddy on the other hand was three for three!

Six pitchers combine for the shutout-I assume McKinney gets the win? Sanburn, Pate, Phillips, Patten, and Chadwick all threw a scoreless inning in addition to McKinney's four

billmontgomery10

It would be great if McKinney got the win but he only went 4 innings so I assume Sanbourn got the win even though he only pitched an inning.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on March 03, 2015, 02:48:31 pm
It would be great if McKinney got the win but he only went 4 innings so I assume Sanbourn got the win even though he only pitched an inning.

If he was on a pitch count he still gets the win.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hawgzinbowlz

flippinhogmana

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 03, 2015, 02:49:01 pm
Anyone else a little worried about Bonfield?

I have been told there is nothing to worry about-no story here move on-but he is down to .156 BA, I believe it is now.  However, I will say this one more time and not comment again until the end of May or so-it is very early yet.

ROBLYNNM

Thank you to the team and coaching staff for their hard work to help get the field ready for play.  Thank you to the fans that braved the cold to support the team...

TikiHog

today the temp wasn't as bad but the wind was worse....I was in a suite today so I stayed warm most of the game

Sueie

Quote from: TikiHog on March 03, 2015, 04:15:28 pm
today the temp wasn't as bad but the wind was worse....I was in a suite today so I stayed warm most of the game

This time last year I would have thrown you over the rail of the suite.  8)
Just goes to show when you meet people in person, they are different than on the internet. ;D

Knot2brite

Note to self....if anyone asks if you post on hogville while at a razorback game just ignore them...it is safer that way
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ricepig

I like the look of Sanburn and Patten, hard throwing pitchers who like to attack the  zone. I look forward to seeing more of them.

TikiHog

no doubt Sueie...enjoyed it today thanks again for the invite up...it was good talking to Chris too

flippinhogmana

March 03, 2015, 06:56:42 pm #135 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:14:52 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 03, 2015, 02:49:24 pm
If he was on a pitch count he still gets the win.

As JCVH alludes to, apparently McKinney was indeed on a pitch count limit as he was awarded the win despite pitching only four innings.  I believe that is his second win.

Obviously I was wrong about his won/loss record, here are his stats for the year:

Player era w-l app gs cg sho sv ip    h r er bb so 2b 3b hr b/avg wp hp bk sfa sha KeMcKinney 1.46 1-0 3    2   0  0/1 0 12.1 8 2 2   6  9   2  0   0 .200    3   3   0  1   1

McKinney is one of the newcomers making a high positive impact so far.  Nomura is, I think, going to continue to be the same positive impact he has been already.  Shaddy has impressed me as well.  I am hopeful that with Killian back (and hopefully fully restored and healthy), we have our weekend lineup of Killian, Taccolini and Mckinney as far as they have looked at this juncture.  Jackson, Stone and about another half dozen pitchers will be along as weekend starters, long, middle and short relievers.  We need another tough couple of weekend series to see exactly where we are, the first three games, and these three games can be illusionary, but so could the meltdown against Maryland (I certainly hope so).

I am not that disheartened by the Maryland game simply because we smoked them until the wheels came off defensively with the four errors (really five) in a single inning.  I dont think our team recovered from the shock of that the rest of the game but I would bet money that wont happen again to us for another thirty or forty years.  I think our defense lead by Wernes and McAfee is basically better than average, maybe even superior.  Pitching has always been my concern this year and McKinney and Taccolini's performances have soothed my concerns a great deal.  So much for my observations and thoughts.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 04, 2015, 06:27:50 am #136 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:46:09 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Thanks for taking over the pbp Razorback#1. Great job! +1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 04, 2015, 06:29:28 am #137 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:07:40 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
WATCH | Check out highlights from today's 7-0 win over EIU, Arkansas' 2nd shutout of the yr
click here> http://bit.ly/1wT2q1z

Score by Innings   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R   H   E
Eastern Illinois      0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0    0   2   2
Arkansas              2   1   0   2   2   0   0   0   X    7   9   0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 04, 2015, 06:50:22 am #142 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:40:14 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Video of Benintendi's homer:
click here:
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B_MkhycUwAAnpCG.mp4

[vine]O0676QXI3EO[/vine]
click anywhere on the picture if the video is not working

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 04, 2015, 06:53:24 am #143 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:41:14 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Tarp duty after the sweep.

[vine]O0g7Xg37lIK[/vine]
click anywhere on the picture or refresh if the video is not working

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 04, 2015, 07:02:54 am #144 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:45:00 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
SWEEP #2

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Next up:
Loyola Marymount at Baum Stadium on Friday at 3:05pm
Loyola Marymount at Baum Stadium on Saturday at 3:05pm
Loyola Marymount at Baum Stadium on Sunday at 1:05pm

Gonzaga at Baum Stadium on Tuesday the 10th at 6:35pm
Gonzaga at Baum Stadium on Wednesday the 11th at 3:05pm

Conference play starts on Friday March 13th against Vandy