Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 9 Thread: #20 Arkansas (6-2) vs. Eastern Illinois (0-5)

Started by ucahogfan, March 03, 2015, 06:21:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

First pitch is set for about noon today.  The game will be shown on SEC Network + and Watch ESPN.  Arkansas will more than likely start Freshman RHP Keaton McKinney.  I don't know who EIU will start.  I won't be able to do PBP today.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

12pm      1pm       2pm       3pm      4pm     5pm
           Cloudy    Cloudy  Showers   Cloudy   Cloudy   Cloudy
Temp      48°        50°         51°        52°        53°       52°
Rain       47%       47%        51%      47%       34%     34%

Winds 10 to 15 SW       

Keaton McKinney was named the starter last night, but that could change.

I will try to do play-by-play today, but will have to leave around 2:15pm, so someone will need to be ready to take over. :razorback:

SPAL

It is a nasty, dreary, day for baseball but I see no reason why they can't/won't play.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

EIU lineup:

Howell
Gasbarro
Taylor
Valach
Sampen
Perrone
Devito
Sauer
Duncan

Pitching: Fisher 9.00 ERA

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Looks like I may have to leave earlier, does someone want to take over PBP now?

Looks like I may been gone for a while. Sorry, I enjoy doing PBP, but may not be able to?.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Change in the lineup:

Spoon has been removed

Eagan 1b
Serrano lf
Benintendi c
Bonfield dh
Nomura 2b
Wernes 3b
Shaddy RF
Bernal ss
Pennell  C

McKinney  Pitching

dotnet

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Play Ball!

1   2   3    4    5    6    7    8    9        R    H    E
EIU                                                                0    0     0
HOGS                                                             0    0    0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 03, 2015, 12:03:16 pm
Think I heard he is not feeling well.

I agree with Dotnet.  If Spoon is under the weather put someone else there other than Bonfield.  For the most part I don't see how the extra pressure of hitting fourth will cause him to suddenly start hitting.  I think he was tried fourth or fifth before and it didn't work.  Let him hit seventh or eighth until he finds his swing.  At least that way it wont disrupt the principal run production.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Taylor (4-14 this tear)

Walks

1 on and 2 out for Valach

hillbilly

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 03, 2015, 12:07:54 pm
For the most part I don't see how the extra pressure of hitting fourth will cause him to suddenly start hitting.
Some people see it as pressure, competitors look at it as an opportunity. They are playing a team that is 0-5. If he thinks hitting fourth against Eastern Illinois is pressure, then he probably needs to go play somewhere else.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Sampen (.500)(3-9 this year)

with 2 on and 2 out...

K's for out #3

No Score...Hogs coming up in the 1st

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3    4    5    6    7    8    9        R    H    E
EIU          0                                                     0    0    0
HOGS                                                             0    0    0

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hillbilly on March 03, 2015, 12:11:25 pm
Some people see it as pressure, competitors look at it as an opportunity. They are playing a team that is 0-5. If he thinks hitting fourth against Eastern Illinois is pressure, then he probably needs to go play somewhere else.

I am also familiar with that approach and rationale too.  In the bigs, minors, college and high school it works about 10 percent of the time.  Hope it does this time!  Each player is different, it may be just what Luke needs.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

hillbilly

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 03, 2015, 12:18:15 pm
I am also familiar with that approach and rationale too.  In the bigs, minors, college and high school it works about 10 percent of the time.  Hope it does this time!  Each player is different, it may be just what Luke needs.
You must have studied A LOT of players getting moved up and down in the order to figure out the percentage of time that it works. I need to get whatever job you have to be able to spend that much time looking into it.

flippinhogmana

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Eagan(.278) leads off for the Hogs

Walks

Serrano coming up

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Guys, I hate to do this , but I have to get the wife to the doctor.

GHG  :razorback:

mhuff

Razorbacks#1

Hogs up 2-0, bottom of the 1st
1 down, men on 1st and 2nd

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

I'll try to do pbp until someone else comes along, beware may be erratic with my grandson here

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Wernes flies out to center to end the inning
2-0 Hogs heading to top of 2nd

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Batter flies out to left
2-0 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 2nd

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Eagan tries a sac fly however Bernal thrown out at the plate to end the inning
3-0 Hogs heading to top of 3rd

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

3rd batter down on strikes, McKinneys 3rd of the day
3-0 Hogs
heading to bottom of the 3rd

THUNDER!