Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Trey Killian

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 02, 2015, 06:22:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB    ·   12s  12 seconds ago   

"We are planning for Trey Killian to get the ball this weekend for 30-40 pitches against Loyola Marymount." - DVH

Trey Killian threw a bullpen session today.- DVH

rhog1

Great to hear. We need him back pretty bad.

Razrpig256

According to WholeHogSports' Twitter:

"@wholehogsports: Trey Killian will likely start Arkansas' game against Loyola Marymount on Friday. Killian will likely be on a pitch count of 40 to 60."

JonClaudeVanHam

Fantastic, and that is probably an understatement, news.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 2h2 hours ago 
HE'S BAAAAAAAACK. Trey Killian to start Friday's series-opener vs. Loyola Marymount.

TikiHog

I sure think I would hold him off till Saturday when its in the 50's...looking now like Friday might not be getting out of the 30's...its snowing buckets right now

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: TikiHog on March 04, 2015, 02:01:09 pm
I sure think I would hold him off till Saturday when its in the 50's...looking now like Friday might not be getting out of the 30's...its snowing buckets right now
Probably on a 30 to 40 pitch count, but still, good point.

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 04, 2015, 02:16:25 pm
Probably on a 30 to 40 pitch count, but still, good point.

We might be playing a DH on Sat, with this weather.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2015, 02:35:56 pm
We might be playing a DH on Sat, with this weather.
Might be the best thing to do.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Slightly off topic, DVH mentioned that Zach Jackson is likely to start coming out of the pen for now.

So, it looks like Killian, Taccolini (3.38era - 16.0 IP)  and McKinney (1.46era - 12.1 IP) are the weekend starters, at least for a while.

Wonder if anyone will secure a midweek starting position or will we work as a committee for a while and use whoever is left over from the weekends?

Razorbacks#1

Good news for Hog fans. Go :razorback:
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

pigture perfect

This is great news. May be a little Rusty, but he is an awesome player and will help this staff tremendously.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

onebadrubi

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 04, 2015, 04:33:21 pm
Slightly off topic, DVH mentioned that Zach Jackson is likely to start coming out of the pen for now.

So, it looks like Killian, Taccolini (3.38era - 16.0 IP)  and McKinney (1.46era - 12.1 IP) are the weekend starters, at least for a while.

Wonder if anyone will secure a midweek starting position or will we work as a committee for a while and use whoever is left over from the weekends?

I'm thinking killian and Jackson are considered a pair for a game right now.  In DVH and Jorns minds I bet they are planning for these two to get us to the 7th for a couple of weeks, hoping that killian comes back to form and hopefully stretches out to a 100 pitch count or so all the while Jackson gets a little more experience and confidence

flippinhogmana

would not surprise.  I was pulling for Jackson, some of you said he would be better at long relief, well now he has his chance for that role since he has imho played his way out at starter. 

Like I said after yesterday's game, as far as I can tell from their early performance on the field, our weekend starters until they prove me otherwise, would have to be Killian, Taccolini and Mckinney.  I think that was apparent to all since DVH has now named them and in that order.  Mid Week Jackson, Pate, Patten, Teague, and who ever else merits the innings as a potential starter or long reliever in conference and post season.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.