Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two good things that stand out so far

Started by JHicks3636, February 21, 2015, 10:53:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

1. Double figures in hits in each of the first 5 games.
2. Only 1 error in 5 games. It was on the catcher.

SPAL

Yep....defense kept us in this one long enough for the bats to take us home.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 21, 2015, 10:53:02 pm
1. Double figures in hits in each of the first 5 games.
2. Only 1 error in 5 games. It was on the catcher.

1.  To amplify on your good points- After Five games
     Number of hitters who have better than a .300 Batting Average-12
     Number of hitters with 16 or more at bats with a .330 BA or better- 6
     Wernes (of all people) leads with .500 batting average (after 16 abs)
     Team batting average is down to .388 (but the opponents ba is only .239)
2.  12 batters have rbis so far
     7 batters have 4 or more rbis
     Eagan leads with 7
     7 hitters have double digit total bases
     Spoon leads with 15 total bases (and is second in BA, and second in rbis)
     Team total bases are 114 in 188 abs.  In short, fellow hogites, the men have been    rakin'-hitting definitely isnt a problem, whether its the ball or the personnel.

the only player who has taken the field that has less than a 1.000 fielding percentage is Pennel (catcher) who made one error.  Twelve players have taken the field.

We have a ways to go in pitching but it isn't a disaster either-

We still have several pitchers who (ip more than 2 inninings) have a zero era-4 (Lowery, Phillips, Sanburn and Patten);  Stone and Alberius have pitched well (zero era but less than 2 innings;  Mckinney and Chadwick (3.1 innings both and 2.70 era both) have done decently; 

In summary on pitching, Fant is yet to pitch (for that matter, so has Killian), the year is young, each outing will do two things-give especially our first year players experience (especially the pitchers) and an opportunity to grow. 

I think in short, (despite my conservative approach to evaluations, and concerns entering the year) this team deserves at least a B+ grade so far.  A on hitting and a B on pitching. 

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

SPAL

Lot of good info in there flippin...good job

dbhog

flippinhogmana

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 2/23 
#RazorStats | Arkansas continues to lead the @SEC with a .371 batting average. Wernes, Spoon, Nomura, Shaddy and Spanberger all over .400

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

All we can do is go back to work. Looks like we will be indoors a lot this week.

[vine]OQtwETvU7VA[/vine]

flippinhogmana

can they play ball games in there?  :razorback: :P

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Arkansas is the only SEC team to record 10+ hits and score 5+ runs in every game this season. #WPS #OmaHogs

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks  in national stats:

2nd | Batting Avg
2nd | DP Per Game
3rd | Triples
4th | Slugging %
8th | HR Per Game