Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 5 Thread: #15 Arkansas (3-1) vs. South Alabama (4-1)

Started by ucahogfan, February 21, 2015, 07:55:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

MemphisBossHog

if we didnt already know, we learned yesterday that UCF is solid quality team.  What is the general consensus on USAlabama?  Are they a quality team or not so much?  Just curious to know what ucahogfan and jhicks3636 and others think about South Alabama

Kevin

good win. bats & pitching. would be nice to beat maryland tomorrow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Good game, now on to #13 Maryland.  :razorback:

Thx uca and hicks

flippinhogmana

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 21, 2015, 09:47:28 pm
if we didnt already know, we learned yesterday that UCF is solid quality team.  What is the general consensus on USAlabama?  Are they a quality team or not so much?  Just curious to know what ucahogfan and jhicks3636 and others think about South Alabama

I think it was a general consensus that they were the weakest team in the field this weekend (they were the only one that wasn't ranked by someone).  Maryland beat them yesterday.  But I think they were better than last weeks opponent. How we do against Maryland, will say the most about how decent we are.  It was discussed in another thread prior to the weekend.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

MemphisBossHog

thanks to uca and jhicks3636 and others who contribute with good info  during the game. 

Thanks again uca for the pbp and the player break down he helped me out with It has been spot on. 

BigSexyHog

Nice win.  Forgot all about the diamond hogs today. Shame on me
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Knot2brite

USA isn't a bad team and it was a quality early season win. They aren't going to strike fear in the hearts of most teams but they beat us two out of three last year but they aren't that team and we aren't what we were last year. In the end, USA was better than te fighting no names of North Dakota but no where near what UCF is
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 21, 2015, 09:55:10 pm
I think it was a general consensus that they were the weakest team in the field this weekend (they were the only one that wasn't ranked by someone).  Maryland beat them yesterday.  But I think they were better than last weeks opponent. How we do against Maryland, will say the most about how decent we are.  It was discussed in another thread prior to the weekend.
well, I offer my apologies for not seeing this to flippinhogmama.  I will endeavor to persevere and do better

Kevin

must have used all their effort to beat auburn, this week
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 21, 2015, 09:47:28 pm
Hard to figure them out right now. They started the season by sweeping 3 games from the University of New Orleans. They won against Auburn. They scored pretty well. Then they have back to back shut out losses to Maryland and us. I don't think they were expected to finish near the top of the conference. Louisiana-Lafayette is the conference favorite. This is Arkansas State's conference as well.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 21, 2015, 10:01:21 pm
well, I offer my apologies for not seeing this to flippinhogmama.  I will endeavor to persevere and do better

:-* :razorback:  I wasnt smiting you, my brother, or being a smart ass, I just thought that if you wanted to check out the other thread I would point out it was there!  And you are humbly forgiven.  I like the set of your jibe.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2015, 10:01:25 pm
must have used all their effort to beat auburn, this week
Auburn isn't that great either. Or at least they haven't seemed to be
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Freshman RHP Keaton McKinney will get the start for us tomorrow against No. 11 Maryland.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 21, 2015, 10:13:29 pm

Freshman RHP Keaton McKinney will get the start for us tomorrow against No. 11 Maryland.

Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing how he does.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Mike Cormack ‏@MCormack  · 3m3 minutes ago   Mobile, AL   
FINAL from Mobile! What A Day!

SPAL

GatorHog

That was a pleasure to read, good showing. Love the defense, love the bats. Great to see Wernes keep hitting well, I second the earlier comments about his improvement. Looks like we got some quality pitching out of the pen.  Looking forward to MD tomorrow (er well, later today technically).

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 22, 2015, 12:13:21 am #324 Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:37:48 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Recap here:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-blanks-south-alabama-7-0-02-21-2015
MOBILE, Ala. – The No. 15 University of Arkansas baseball team pounded out 14 hits and the defense turned a school-record five double plays as the Razorbacks defeated South Alabama 7-0 Saturday evening at Stanky Field.

And here:
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/feb/21/arkansas-shuts-out-south-alabama/
Arkansas got production from the bottom of its batting order and a record night defensively in a 7-0 win over South Alabama on Saturday at Stanky Field in Mobile, Alabama.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Score by Innings   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R  H   E
Arkansas              0 0 0 3 0 0 1 2 1  7  14  0
South Alabama     0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0   5   2
DP - ARK 5; USA 1. LOB - ARK 9; USA 8. 2B - Spoon, T. 2(3); Nomura, R.(2). HBP -
Wernes, B.. SH - Benintendi A(1). SB - Benintendi A(2); Nomura, R.

Player              ab   r   h   rbi  bb   so
Clark Eagan 1b         5   0   1    0    0    1
Joe Serrano lf           3   1   0    0    2    1
Andrew Benintendi cf 4  1   1    0    0    0
Chad Spanberger dh  3  1   1    0    0    1
Cullen Gassaway ph   2  0   0    0    0    1
Tyler Spoon rf           5  1   3    1    0    0
Rick Nomura 2b        5  1   2    1    0    0
Brett McAfee ss         5  1   1    1    0    2
Bobby Wernes 3b      3  1   2    1    0    0
Carson Shaddy c       4  0   3    1    0    0
Totals                     39  7  14   5    2    6

Arkansas             ip    h   r   er   bb  so  ab   bf   np
Zach Jackson      3.0   3   0   0    5   2    9   14   69
Jackson Lowery   3.0   1   0   0    2   0    7    9   35  winning pitcher
Lance Phillips      2.0   1   0   0    2   1    7    9   31
Parker Sanburn   1.0   0   0   0    0   1    3    3   12

Pitches/strikes: Jackson, Z. 69/33; Lowery, J. 35/19; Phillips, L. 31/17;
Sanburn, P 12/8;

time 3:07
attendance 1884

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 21, 2015, 10:41:00 pm
South Alabama is a quality win.
I wanted to ask about this last night but didnt.  That is good.  I was wondering if beating South Alabama would be considered a quality win--especially at their home ball park.   Now we just need to take care Maryland and get out of Mobile with a 2-1 record for the weekend.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 21, 2015, 09:54:12 pm
Good game, now on to #13 Maryland.  :razorback:

Thx uca and hicks
who won the game between UCF and Maryland?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 22, 2015, 09:48:58 am
who won the game between UCF and Maryland?
UCF held off a 9th inning rally and won 7-6. UCF is still undefeated.