Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 5 Thread: #15 Arkansas (3-1) vs. South Alabama (4-1)

Started by ucahogfan, February 21, 2015, 07:55:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

February 21, 2015, 07:55:22 am Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:40:17 pm by ucahogfan
First pitch is set for 6:37 this evening.  Tonight's game will be televised on CST and will be blacked out on Watch ESPN.  Check your local listings for what channel CST is in your area.  Also, please don't continually ask what channel/station it is on in this thread or vent your frustrations about it in this thread as well.  I post what channel it is on in bold near the beginning of every one of my game threads and we have a thread for the games being blacked out this weekend.  It is just one simple thing and helps keep the game thread uncluttered.  Arkansas will send Sophomore RHP Zach Jackson (1-0, 2.25 ERA) to the mound to get the Hogs back on the right track.  South Alabama will counter with Junior RHP Ryne Long (0-0, 0.00 ERA).  I anticipate being able to do PBP this evening, but that could change.

TNhawgfan

Thanks in advance for the pbp as I won't be able to watch.  Go hogs!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Scott7703

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

Jackson final stat line...

5 IP
1 RUN
4 HITS
4 Ks
2 BB
Hogs win 7-2

GatorHog

Appreciate the pbp, too, as this will be the first game I don't get to watch or listen to. Look forward to reading the thread tonight after the Hoya basketball game. Unless they snow it out.

tennesseehogwild

Hope we nip this one game snide in the bud right here and not let this turn into a early season Cali thing! Looks like Unless it pops up last minute no WATCHESPN here in Tenn for me. >:(

rhog1

You may be able to watch from the Arkansas Razorback app. They had the stream yesterday.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 21, 2015, 12:58:18 pm
Jackson final stat line...

5 IP
1 RUN
4 HITS
4 Ks
2 BB
Hogs win 7-2

You may be close, at least in spirit!

Either way this game may tell us about where Zach is at maturity wise and character wise.  I have always held that responsibility lifts a person if they approach it right, rather than as a weight that causes them to stumble. 

If Zach senses that his team needs him to be the stopper, at least until Killian gets back, but maybe all year, then he is halfway home to where he has to be.  If he grasps the plow handles and applies himself, bares down like his life depended on it.  Contests for every pitch to be where he needs it to be, and battles all game long, then he may emerge today.  As Tommy Lasorda once said about one of his pitchers "He's like a bulldog out there".

I hope that is the outcome.  He has been the stopper before for his HS team, he knows the feeling.  I hope he can rise today.  It wont mean he is doomed if he doesnt, he is just a sophomore, but it will speak great things of him now and for the year if he does (not to mention how much it will help the hogs).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 1h1 hour ago 
Zach Jackson and the Hogs are back in action in less than 3 hours! Time to do work in Mobile. #OmaHogs #WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Wind is blowing straight out to left field again tonight. #BaumBombs on the road. #WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 21, 2015, 05:11:37 pm #11 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:26:41 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
In the other game at the So Alabama tourney:

UCF  7
#13 Maryland 4  9th

UCF has a pretty good club

Edit: Final     UCF 7
            Maryland 6

pigture perfect

Thanks for this thread. I travel on the weekends and have to follow along this way.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 21, 2015, 05:39:52 pm

I think I like this lineup.  But perhaps they will do better against a club that may not have as good as pitching as UCF and then what conclusion do you draw from that?  Anyway, I like what Spanberger has done so far, and what Shaddy has done, good to see them in the lineup today.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

tennesseehogwild

Spanberger and Shaddy need to be in lineup til Bonfield gets up to speed. Although it doesn't like hitting is gonna be as a much a concern as pitching is this year.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on February 21, 2015, 06:07:50 pm
Spanberger and Shaddy need to be in lineup til Bonfield gets up to speed. Although it doesn't like hitting is gonna be as a much a concern as pitching is this year.
I like Spanberger and Shaddy. Shaddy is going to play a lot this year, need to find a way to get Spanberger AB's, maybe this is it.

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 21, 2015, 06:14:15 pm
I like Spanberger and Shaddy. Shaddy is going to play a lot this year, need to find a way to get Spanberger AB's, maybe this is it.

Yep, DH whomever is producing.

JonClaudeVanHam

Love Shaddy getting the start. Kid has been a stud since he stepped on campus.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 21, 2015, 05:11:37 pm
In the other game at the So Alabama tourney:

UCF  7
#13 Maryland 4  9th

UCF has a pretty good club

apparently so.  As I have been researching Arkansas recruiting to try and get up to speed for this year's Diamond Hog season, I noticed seeing UCF in the recruiting rankings as well.

I would hope that an SEC team with a coach/recruiter like DVH would ultimately be better than UCF, but its early in the season and we do have an injury to our ace, so many things have yet to be determined for the Diamond Hogs. 

Lets just get a win tonight and try to go 2-1 for we weekend.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

In baseball especially a school that has decent recruiting will do better if they are located half way down the florida peninsula against teams that are five hundred miles north of them in latitude.  Its just the extra time outside in the natural element gives them an advantage as a given rule.  Just like I thought we advantage over the Dakota team.  The indoor practice facility helps, but you cant fully replicate "the field".

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

I find it interesting that DVH has Spanberger batting cleanup instead of Spoon.  Tells me just how much DVH likes his bat.  I would like to get both Spanberger and Bonfield plenty of ABs and get them rolling because I think both can be integral parts of our lineup this year.

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0      0   0   0
S Alabama  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0      0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
S Alabama - 0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 21, 2015, 06:37:14 pm #27 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:56:08 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

INNING:

ucahogfan

SouthAlabamaBaseball @SouthALBaseball 
  ·  38m 38 minutes ago   
Starting lineup

Collura,DH
DeGallier,7
Billingsley,8
Gleason,9
Barnes,2
Martinez,3
Gann,5
Raspino, 4
LaBounty,6

Long,1.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

Eagan hitting .421 prior to that hit. Serrano up hitting.400

ucahogfan

Serrano caught looking on a pitch on the outside corner.

ucahogfan

Benintendi hits one off the end of the bat down the 3B line and grounds out 5-3.

ucahogfan

Spanberger down swinging on a good splitter from Ryne Long.

JHicks3636

Benintendi with a .250 average coming into the game
Spanberger up hitting .500.

SPAL

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    0                                             0   1   0
S Alabama                                                 0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 1
S Alabama - 0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 21, 2015, 06:41:12 pm
Eagan hitting .421 prior to that hit. Serrano up hitting.400
Good to see Eagan get that hit...0-5 last night.

JHicks3636

Due up for S. Alabama

Collura     .316
DeGallier .389
Billingsley .294

ucahogfan

Collura down swinging on a nice backdoor slider.  Jackson's 1st K.

ucahogfan

DeGallier down swinging on an unhittable slider.  Jackson's 2nd K.

ucahogfan

Billingsley runs the count full, and he draws a 2 out walk.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Gleason runs the count full, and he walks.  Runners on the corners with 2 outs.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan