Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 4 THREAD: #15 ARKANSAS (3-0) vs #22 UCF (4-0)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 20, 2015, 07:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorHog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 20, 2015, 05:54:43 pm
Was my posting still way ahead of you after you got the video up and going?

Actually never got the video going. I tried audio feeds on a few different sites and they were all behind the stats site, which was behind the video I think. 

Kevin

I would just put McKinney on Sunday's right now rest of the season. Like Lsu did Nola, his first year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: GatorHog on February 20, 2015, 06:07:06 pm
Actually never got the video going. I tried audio feeds on a few different sites and they were all behind the stats site, which was behind the video I think.
Yep, you were pretty far behind for a while, like 2 batters.  I was just wondering if I was way ahead of most everyone else, once the link at ArkansasRazorbacks.com came up?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Kevin on February 20, 2015, 06:08:47 pm
I would just put McKinney on Sunday's right now rest of the season. Like Lsu did Nola, his first year
I agree, just let him work through it at his pace and see how long he can go. He could beat a lot  of pitchers on Sundays.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: GatorHog on February 20, 2015, 06:07:06 pm
That stats site I sent you was right on time for me.

flippinhogmana

We also haven't seen Fant for some reason.  I figured to see him this weekend.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Knot2brite

Hey after a few years of really great pitching you have to reload sometimes and the reloading period can be iffy for young pitchers. I have yet to see a game but I have listened to all. I can't tell if we are missing spots badly or if we don't have the confidence and experience on the mound yet. Either way, both will come in time. We are hitting the ball well and it seems the new ball is a good fit for the game.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jry04

I hope McKinney starts Sunday and shows he can be a weekend starter. I would love to have Killian on Fridays, with Taco and McKinney pitching the last two games. Having Jackson in the bullpen for one more year would be great.

UCF is a pretty good team, and we clearly did not have our best stuff pitching. One thing that I am certain of, later this season our pitching will be much better. Our bats are fine. We should win tomorrow, and Sunday will be a toss-up.

Kevin

Pitchers did not hit spots today. Ucf did not miss many, mistakes
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on February 20, 2015, 07:42:46 pm

No, they didn't, the problem was we grooved a couple of 1-2, 0-2 pitches that went as a HR and double. Then it seemed we nibbled at times and walked some guys when we had those counts. They need some more seasoning, it will improve.

Kevin

Got to stay on a even keel this year as fans. 

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on February 20, 2015, 08:18:48 pm
Got to stay on a even keel this year as fans. 

Then we wouldn't be fanatics.....

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 21, 2015, 01:38:24 am #463 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:39:39 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
 FINAL  Arkansas (3-1)   UCF (5-0)
                  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    R    H    E
UCF            0    0    3    0    2    0    0    4    0    9    13   0
Arkansas     1    0    0    0    1    1    1    0    1    5    11   1

LOB
UCF  12
Ark    9

Player                ab   r   h   rbi   bb   so   
Clark Eagan 1b    5   0   0    0     0    2
Joe Serrano lf      4   2   2    1     1    1
A Benintendi cf    3   1   1    2     1    0
Tyler Spoon rf     5   0   1    0     0    1
Rick Nomura 2b   5   0   2    1     0    1
Luke Bonfield dh  4   0   1    0     0    1
Brett McAfee ss    4   1   1    0     0    0
Bobby Wernes 3b  2  1   2    0     2    0
Tucker Pennell c    1  0   0    0     0    1
C Shaddy ph/c      2  0   1    1     0    0
Totals                35   5  11   5     4    7

Arkansas                  ip    h    r    er    bb   so   ab    bf    np
Dominic Taccolini     4.0   4    3    3     3     6   16    20   88   took the loss
James Teague          2.2   4   2     2     3     4   10   14    62
Kyle Pate                 0.1   3   3     3     0     0    4     4     14
Cannon Chadwick     2.0   2   1     1     1     1    7    10    34

Iwastherein1969

looking at the game line I see nothing wrong with the exception of UCF scoring runs in clusters....either the pitching is way below average or DVH is going to see if the pitchers can work themselves out of a bad situation in the earlier part of the season....things aren't so bad....now we don't need to go own there and pull an 'Ofer 3' as that will set back the confidence quite a bit...we win one, no harm, 2 of 3 now and its progress
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 21, 2015, 04:38:49 am
looking at the game line I see nothing wrong with the exception of UCF scoring runs in clusters....either the pitching is way below average or DVH is going to see if the pitchers can work themselves out of a bad situation in the earlier part of the season....things aren't so bad....now we don't need to go own there and pull an 'Ofer 3' as that will set back the confidence quite a bit...we win one, no harm, 2 of 3 now and its progress
With the new ball and our pitchers having little experience, we are going to have to score more than 5 runs in most games, at least early in the season. Our pitching is going to be ok down the line, but it's not going to be at the level we have had recently.

Kevin

This year it looks like this has to be a total team effort. The only place we are dominat is closer.

SPAL

I just read through the Missouri game thread from wednesday night  on Jump Ball to compare notes to this one. It was tame by their standards but still a lot of negativity even in a double digit win. Here, we lose a game and I only had to remove one post in a 10 page thread.

Just wanna say I sure enjoy talking baseball with you guys.

Kevin

I can turn up the heat, if you want me too.  Ha ha

pigture perfect

If we can eliminate the crooked number innings, we will be fine. We are capable of doing that offensively ourselves. This ought to be fun.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

southeasthog

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2015, 06:17:44 am
I can turn up the heat, if you want me too.  Ha ha
Please don't. I don't post a lot but read often. I have enjoyed the new "optimistic" Kevin this year.

dbhog

Quote from: Kevin on February 20, 2015, 07:42:46 pm

They missed their spots  last week too but ND hitters were not good enough to make us pay.  This weekend the hitters are better and we just have to pitch better.  Young pitchers will have  to learn how to pitch but this year might be a long season while they are learning.

ucahogfan

Quote from: dbhog on February 21, 2015, 07:55:02 am
They missed their spots  last week too but ND hitters were not good enough to make us pay.  This weekend the hitters are better and we just have to pitch better.  Young pitchers will have  to learn how to pitch but this year might be a long season while they are learning.
Shouldn't take all season.  This staff is very similar to the 2011 staff that got better as the season went along and then set records two years later.  I never worry about our pitching now with Jorn.  This is a deep, talented rotation that is experiencing a learning curve.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 21, 2015, 07:57:19 am
Shouldn't take all season.  This staff is very similar to the 2011 staff that got better as the season went along and then set records two years later.  I never worry about our pitching now with Jorn.  This is a deep, talented rotation that is experiencing a learning curve.
Yeah, with these kids hitting well, I think this team could be pretty good by midseason. Just have to have some patience along the way.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Cresthog

League is going to be tough this year, but good for the young guys.

It's baseball, hell LSU lost at home already.. luckily everyone in here knows that.

TNhawgfan

Even though we lost, thanks for the pbp. Let's go get today's game
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Serrano had his 50th career multi-hit game last night