Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 4 THREAD: #15 ARKANSAS (3-0) vs #22 UCF (4-0)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 20, 2015, 07:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS (2:00P)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 20, 2015, 07:26:05 am #1 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:08:05 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
FIRST PITCH IS SET FOR 2:00PM. This game will be televised by COX Sports TV and WatchESPN / SECNetwork+ will provide a live stream (SUBJECT TO BLACKOUT). We will of course have Play By Play action right here as well, so follow along with us today. This is NOT a read only game thread for members in good standing, so feel free to discuss the game as we move along, but understand that post should not contain bad language, bashing of players or other board members.

Should be a fun weekend as the Hogs face 3 undefeated teams in #22 UCF (Friday), So Alabama (tourney host on Saturday) and #13 Maryland on Sunday. GO HOGS!  :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 20, 2015, 07:33:00 am #2 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:10:36 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Probable Pitchers         W-L    APP   GS   ERA    IP    SO   BB
      UCF - RHP Zach Rodgers          1-0      1      1    1.80   5.0    4    2
      ARK - RHP Dominic Taccolini     1-0      1      1    3.00   6.0    8    0

* Dominic Taccolini will make his second start in as many weeks. The sophomore is coming off a quality start on opening weekend where he lasted 6.0 innings and gave up four hits and two earned runs, while striking out eight to earn the victory.

* Arkansas' bullpen was stifling during the opening weekend of the year, posting a 0.61 earned run average in 14.2 innings of work. The relievers surrendered just one earned run, while adding 20 strikeouts. Nine different Razorbacks saw action out of the pen, including five newcomers.

*After recording just nine triples all of last season, Arkansas legged out five triples on opening weekend, tying Georgia for the most in the SEC. Bobby Wernes, who had never recorded a triple, added two in one game against North Dakota to become the first Arkansas player since Ryan Fox in 2003 to record two triples in one game.

* The Razorbacks are currently ranked in two national polls, checking in at No. 15 according to Perfect Game and No. 28 in the NCBWA Top 30 Poll.

* Head coach Dave Van Horn is closing in on 500 wins at Arkansas, currently sitting at 487-270 (.643) in his 13th season at the helm of the Razorbacks. He is averaging over 40 wins per season.

*Today is the Razorbacks' live mascot, "TUSK"'s fifth birthday. WPS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 20, 2015, 07:46:19 am #3 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:23:33 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

INNING:

GAME TIME: 2:00pm

bighog2255

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 20, 2015, 07:26:05 am
WatchESPN / SECNetwork+ will provide a live stream (SUBJECT TO BLACKOUT).

This has been listed by Arkansas as being available via WatchESPN, but it is not listed on the WatchESPN site. Just a heads up.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: bighog2255 on February 20, 2015, 07:51:20 am
This has been listed by Arkansas as being available via WatchESPN, but it is not listed on the WatchESPN site. Just a heads up.
Be sure to check your listings at game time because we sometimes see them add it to the schedule at the last minute, but it is subject to blackouts.

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 20, 2015, 08:00:23 am
Be sure to check your listings at game time because we sometimes see them add it to the schedule at the last minute, but it is subject to blackouts.

I think we will be blacked out here in Arkansas, wasn't that their normal procedure in the past?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 08:26:46 am
I think we will be blacked out here in Arkansas, wasn't that their normal procedure in the past?
I'm afraid you are correct, it has been their normal procedure, but they have also fooled us and added it at the last minute. I would be surprised if COX made a deal with ESPN and allows DIRECT TV to carry the games, since they are competitors. Hope I'm wrong.

GatorHog

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: GatorHog on February 20, 2015, 10:14:11 am
Goooood morning hog fans!  Sweet graphics A_R_K
Are you up for PBP today? ucahogfan is traveling today, but will pop in from time to time and asked that I start the thread this morning.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

D1 Baseball article on this weekends tourney:
http://www.d1baseball.com/news/talented-clubs-flock-to-mobile/
There could be a postseason preview on tap in Mobile, Ala., this weekend as South Alabama entertains Maryland, Arkansas, and UCF. The teams will play a round-robin format Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

"This is going to be better than a regional," said the USA coach. "You could have two No. 1 seeds in there. UCF is pretty good. We were pretty good two years ago. You wouldn't have a No. 4 seed in a year we are all good. And I think all four of us will be good."

"I don't know if there will be a better tournament this week," Calvi stated.

dotnet

This is a big game / weekend.  Everyone is excited after last weekend, but that really tells us nothing.

This will be the first insight on how good the offense really is.  How is Nomura against better pitching?  How good are the sophmore pitching guys going to be?

I'm pretty excited.  I hope WatchESPN comes through.

GatorHog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 20, 2015, 10:28:54 am
Are you up for PBP today? ucahogfan is traveling today, but will pop in from time to time and asked that I start the thread this morning.

Definitely up for doing PBP! (getting nervous it's not showing on the Watch app, though)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: dotnet on February 20, 2015, 11:06:46 am
This is a big game / weekend.  Everyone is excited after last weekend, but that really tells us nothing.

This will be the first insight on how good the offense really is.  How is Nomura against better pitching?  How good are the sophmore pitching guys going to be?

I'm pretty excited.  I hope WatchESPN comes through.
This has a post tournament feel to it, for me.  I hope we continue to use a lot of players, that will mean DVH is not sticking with the defensive guys the whole game.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Kevin on February 20, 2015, 12:11:48 pm
looks like we are out
I would definitely check it at game time, but for now:
Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 4m4 minutes ago 
Turns out Cox was just informed this weekend's games will NOT be available on WatchESPN.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 2m2 minutes ago 
"This is a tournament that hasn't been talked about a lot nationally, but there are 4 really good teams here." - DVH

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 20, 2015, 12:39:40 pm
Todays lineup:
Like seeing Spoon still at cleanup, must mean he had a good week of practice. We have several guys that can hit in that spot.

jacobp

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 20, 2015, 12:50:08 pm
Like seeing Spoon still at cleanup, must mean he had a good week of practice. We have several guys that can hit in that spot.
DVH really seems to think Spoon is going to have a special season.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jacobp on February 20, 2015, 12:53:56 pm
We have guys on the bench that are capable and really wanting his job if he doesn't have a good year.

SPAL

SPAL

Gator, with the inability to watch online, do you still have pbp today?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

UCF LINEUP:
1 ss 2 MOORE, Dylan 
2 cf 17 SALBERG, Derrick
3 rf 10 BARBER, Erik
4 1b 13 VASQUEZ, James 
5 3b 14 WILLIAMS, Tommy 
6 dh 30 DIORIO, Matt 
7 2b 22 MARSH, Kyle 
8 c 29 SAVINON, Jordan
9 lf 18 VAZQUEZ, Eugene 
10 p 39 RODGERS, Zach RHP

GatorHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 20, 2015, 01:06:32 pm
Gator, with the inability to watch online, do you still have pbp today?

Yep I can still do it by audio

SPAL

ucahogfan

Was hoping that UCF would start Cre Frinfrock today.  One of the better names in college baseball.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: jacobp on February 20, 2015, 12:53:56 pm

It seems to have thought that before the season too (I don't disagree, and he has hit decently so far).  Isn't this the opening day lineup?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 20, 2015, 01:38:08 pm
It seems to have thought that before the season too (I don't disagree, and he has hit decently so far).  Isn't this the opening day lineup?
Yes, same lineup as opening day. I like it.

GatorHog

I like it too, looking forward to seeing hearing how well we hit!

Notes on UCF line-up:  bottom 5 guys hitting a combined .450 (27 / 60), 3HRs

GatorHog

Anyone have an audio feed yet?  I heard "Dreams" by Van Halen in the background..

SPAL

Tune in radio app has the broadcast by typing in Arkansas baseball in case anybody needs help listening.

booogaga

We need to get Bonfield going this weekend. He will be important for us this year IMO.
GO HOGS!

GatorHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Blutoblutarsky

Unless Serrano comes alive with the bat, I strongly feel McAffee needs to be batting 2nd and put "Be a hitter Joeeee" down at 7.

GatorHog

Playball!

Due up for UCF in top of the 1st / season stats:

Moore / .421 / 9 RBI
Salberg / .286
Barber / .444

GatorHog

trippigs

Hope it is warmed than there than it is in Arkansas...cold and windy here

GatorHog

Salberg grounds out to Eagan at first, flip to Tacco covering the bag

GatorHog

SPAL

Kevin

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9     R    H    E
UCF             0     -    -     -     -    -    -     -    -      0    0    0
Arkansas      -    -     -     -     -    -    -     -    -      0    0    0

JHicks3636

GatorHog

Bottom 1st / Due up for the Hogs / season stats

Eagan / .571
Serrano / .364
Benintendi / .222