Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch ESPN

Started by dotnet, February 19, 2015, 09:40:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnet

Its here.  Its here.

It should work with Directtv.  This is great news - and I can quit using other people's access...

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bulldog04

I tried it out and it works.  Also if you have kids the Watch Disney app works too

Razorback7281

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 19, 2015, 09:56:56 am
Also if you have kids the Watch Disney app works too
This is the reason I haven't seen my iPad in months or on the rare occasion I do get it the battery is of course dead.  Dang kids.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

dotnet

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 19, 2015, 09:56:56 am
I tried it out and it works.  Also if you have kids the Watch Disney app works too

I didn't know this was a thing that even existed

Kevin

Right now, tomorrow's game not showing up
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on February 19, 2015, 05:26:14 pm
Right now, tomorrow's game not showing up

Yeah, I'm surprised they say it's on WatchESPN since it's on Cox. I get both, so I'm good.

bulldog04

I bought an AppleTv and it's pretty awesome.  If my internet provider was part of the whole espn3 thing I might not have direct.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Don't shoot the messenger, but WatchESPN is subject to blackout for this weekends games.......hate when they do that. Wonder if Cox Sports would have any say in Direct carrying the games?

Razorback7281

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 19, 2015, 07:19:15 pm
Don't shoot the messenger, but WatchESPN is subject to blackout for this weekends games.......hate when they do that. Wonder if Cox Sports would have any say in Direct carrying the games?
Who is blacked out, people in the cox service footprint?  Just checked upcoming games on watchespn tomorrow's wasn't listed. I'm in the DFW area.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 19, 2015, 07:56:42 pm #10 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:12:38 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: Razorback7281 on February 19, 2015, 07:50:54 pm
Who is blacked out, people in the cox service footprint?  Just checked upcoming games on watchespn tomorrow's wasn't listed. I'm in the DFW area.

All three games will be televised on Cox Sports Television and broadcasted on the WatchESPN App with Alex Perlman (PXP) and Troy Eklund (Analyst) on the call. (Subject to Blackout)http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-travels-to-south-alabama-for-weekend-tourney-02-18-2015

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Not showing up on WatchESPN in NWA either, but it is on Cox cable TV, channel 2080. Doesn't mean that it won't show up right before game time though.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 19, 2015, 08:03:00 pm
Not showing up on WatchESPN in NWA either, but it is on Cox cable TV, channel 2080. Doesn't mean that it won't show up right before game time though.

Nor in the DFW area . . .  >:(

SPAL

Normally, even if it is blacked out, the game will still show up. When you click it, you'll get a message like "this event is not available in your area." So I don't think we should assume it is blacked out, at least not yet.

But it certainly isn't showing up on mine through dish.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 20, 2015, 09:14:09 am
Nor in the DFW area . . .  >:(
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 20, 2015, 09:17:16 am
Normally, even if it is blacked out, the game will still show up. When you click it, you'll get a message like "this event is not available in your area." So I don't think we should assume it is blacked out, at least not yet.

But it certainly isn't showing up on mine through dish.
Contacted Cox and they checked with ESPN and they claim that they have no intentions of blocking the games in any area this weekend. Cox claims they will not block them either. The Cox rep said she had a site to go to that customers cannot see and it does not show todays game being blocked. So, there's that. She also said that no other customers have called about the issue, so maybe a few calls would help seal the deal?

Baseball Hog

Hopefully it comes up on watch espn.

As for the blackouts there is always this:

http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/

Takes 3 minutes to dl and configure and you'll never worry about blackouts again.