Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strength and conditioning

Started by CallThemHawgs!, March 23, 2014, 12:56:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

NO ONE IS SAYING MICHAEL QUALLS ISN'T A GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER!!!!!

Outside of Harris and Clarke our team doesn't look PHYSICALLY intimidating. Most people would prefer to have that look. It gets in your opponents head right out of the dressing room. Every team in the nation has a guy that can throw down a dunk.

BadHog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on March 23, 2014, 12:56:56 am
It has been mentioned before, but it needs to be mentioned again.

Who is in charge, and why has he not been fired?

If its a culture, change it. If its the coach, fire him. We need to make boys into MEN. We look like children compared to a lot of these teams in the tourney.

Iowa State, Memphis, Florida, etc etc all have MEN. We have Ky Madden, all 136 sopping wet pounds of him. Aint gonna cut it.

Roids!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 24, 2014, 01:29:52 pm
NO ONE IS SAYING MICHAEL QUALLS ISN'T A GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER!!!!!

Outside of Harris and Clarke our team doesn't look PHYSICALLY intimidating. Most people would prefer to have that look. It gets in your opponents head right out of the dressing room. Every team in the nation has a guy that can throw down a dunk.

I get it now, instead of practicing and getting better, we need to hit the weight room and get all the guys on creatine and get them as big as possible, then scare other teams with our muscles to get the win.  I like the strategy here!  It has no flaws in it. You ever thought about coaching?

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on March 24, 2014, 01:51:05 pm
I get it now, instead of practicing and getting better, we need to hit the weight room and get all the guys on creatine and get them as big as possible, then scare other teams with our muscles to get the win.  I like the strategy here!  It has no flaws in it. You ever thought about coaching?

We were pretty physically intimidating with Stan Heath.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 24, 2014, 01:52:22 pm
We were pretty physically intimidating with Stan Heath.

Who Charles Thomas maybe?  Because Steven Hill and Darian Townes surely wasn't scaring anybody with their builds.  Michael Qualls and Coty Clarke have way more muscles than those guys.

And I got a new motto... Instead of when their grabbing their shorts we are grabbing the rims, it's when they are running the court, we are flexing our muscles.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on March 24, 2014, 01:55:20 pm
Who Charles Thomas maybe?  Because Steven Hill and Darian Townes surely wasn't scaring anybody with their builds.  Michael Qualls and Coty Clarke have way more muscles than those guys.

And I got a new motto... Instead of when their grabbing their shorts we are grabbing the rims, it's when they are running the court, we are flexing our muscles.

lol

CDBHawg

Better shooters...I get.

Better passers....I get.

Better rebounders....I get.

Getting chiseled like bodybuilders so we'll "intimidate" our opponents....yeah, I dint get that one.

RazorPiggie

Fine I'll say it. I'm Ignorant and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. My apologizes for getting so many panties in a bunch. It hasn't happened in awhile. 

Breems

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 24, 2014, 02:16:46 pm
Fine I'll say it. I'm Ignorant and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. My apologizes for getting so many panties in a bunch. It hasn't happened in awhile. 

Apology accepted.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hawgtime

Quote from: -Blu on March 23, 2014, 01:08:12 am
LOL, we got one of the best in the business... Coach Deets

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30747&SPID=2421&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205316892&Q_SEASON=2013

"A perfect example of Deets' work can be seen in sophomore Jacorey Williams who has added nearly 30 pounds between his high school graduation and the start of his second season. Since the summer, freshman Bobby Portis has added 20 pounds while classmate and fellow top 50 recruit Moses Kingsley has add 17."

And there probably aren't but a small handful of guys that are a big as Patrick Young.  Most of that is just genetics.  You don't have to be that big to be a good basketball player.  You look at guys like Michael Qualls, Alandise Harris, Coty Clarke, Fred Gulley, and even Ant Bell, they are all pretty "cut up".  But, I'm about to get off this subject of discussing how muscular 19 and 20 year old men are, as a straight man, it's getting a little uncomfortable the more I type.

cut is nice, but i want us to gain strength and improve our HOPS while improving our shot completion percentages!

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 24, 2014, 02:16:46 pm

No worries man.  And the office use to be one of my favorite shows +1 for the office avatar :)

jrhardy88

Old saying about sports."A good biggun will always beat a good littlun".
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: jrhardy88 on March 24, 2014, 07:08:37 pm
Old saying about sports."A good biggun will always beat a good littlun".

We could use some beef about now

Dr. Starcs

I'd rather just have someone that could actually hit a shot.