Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just returned from weekend of fly fishing

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 05, 2017, 03:36:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Did not watch the game last night but just now read Wally's article. Based on this, Bielema is done. Bielema knows it, his coaching staff knows it, Jeff Long knows it, the chancellor knows it and the BOT know it.

Wally let it all hang out in today's paper. Announced crowd of 61,000 and he says it was more like 45,000. Even for CC, that is something. It was homecoming.

After the SC game, I said Arkansas was done for the year and Bielema will be fired the day after the Mizzou game. I stand by that. Further, I believe Bielema has already been told.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dropkick

solitons

you can see he knows that from his presser, he was very defensive, and wants to fight with the reporters.

good luck CBB

jgphillips3

Quote from: solitons on November 05, 2017, 04:10:11 pm
you can see he knows that from his presser, he was very defensive, and wants to fight with the reporters.

good luck CBB

Yep. I think that "outsiders" comment tells you all you need to know.

Pork Ranger

I spent the weekend on the Ozark Highlands Trail. Saw the score once I got service and wasn't really too surprised.

My advice to the rest of you is to get outdoors with your families these next few weekends.  No need to continue watching the train wreck that is Razorback football.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: solitons on November 05, 2017, 04:10:11 pm

good luck CBB

Yep good luck at Maine next year. You'll love it there BB.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SemperFi

I'm more concerned with the fact that you went fishing...fly fishing to be more specific. I assume that you were either on the Little Red or the White. How was it?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

porkrindjimmy

So....with all due respect, we got fans who are fly fishing, hiking, riding 10 speeds, skipping rocks on crooked creek, attending BBQ cook offs, listening to Yanni and attending the symphony....and don't watch the game...but feel the need to check in and tell us Bret is done?

Well, I bought some guns, a Ted Nugent endorsed crossbow, some surplus tracers and some fresh deer jerky out of a trunk of a 77 Firebird on a dirt road yesterday, somewhere near Rush in Marion country, Luther the driver of said 77 firebird, procurer of said weapons and jerky, he told me, while Kenny Rogers Rueben Jane played on his 8 track, the jackal Judy ain't gonna fire him is he?

I told him, just like I am telling all of y'all, Judy ain't making a move on Bret. He will have to be forced.....deny it all you want, holler PRJ is off his Ritalin, what ever you want to say.

Bret's interview last night with Chuck tells the story. Giddy with an emphatic Woo Pig at the end...he has been told, rid yourself of some staff, no more embarrassing losses and I can sell injuries and a 6th year.

Jeff ain't doing it by himself.

PRJ

hobhog

I didnt watch the UCA game and could care less how they do, but have a weird desire to go on their message board and tell their fans what I think is going on there. Next week I plan on not watching the ASU game and doing the same.

HogimusMaximus

My BIL is a big donor and he is hearing that things are a changing.  Will post more when I have confirmation.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lanny on November 05, 2017, 04:05:30 pm
Bielema is over, how was the fishing?
Better than Arkansas Razorback football. Caught a few trout on Little Red. What a relaxing place to be.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 05, 2017, 04:23:11 pm
I spent the weekend on the Ozark Highlands Trail. Saw the score once I got service and wasn't really too surprised.

My advice to the rest of you is to get outdoors with your families these next few weekends.  No need to continue watching the train wreck that is Razorback football.
That trail is on my list. Going to do it before next summer.

3of5-2

Deer hunting this coming Saturday, pheasant and quail hunting the next weekend in Kansas, and at the duck calling festival in Stuttgart all the next weekend. After that, the next time I hear about Bert, he should be pulling a Uhaul.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 05:05:26 pm
So....with all due respect, we got fans who are fly fishing, hiking, riding 10 speeds, skipping rocks on crooked creek, attending BBQ cook offs, listening to Yanni and attending the symphony....and don't watch the game...but feel the need to check in and tell us Bret is done?

Well, I bought some guns, a Ted Nugent endorsed crossbow, some surplus tracers and some fresh deer jerky out of a trunk of a 77 Firebird on a dirt road yesterday, somewhere near Rush in Marion country, Luther the driver of said 77 firebird, procurer of said weapons and jerky, he told me, while Kenny Rogers Rueben Jane played on his 8 track, the jackal Judy ain't gonna fire him is he?

I told him, just like I am telling all of y'all, Judy ain't making a move on Bret. He will have to be forced.....deny it all you want, holler PRJ is off his Ritalin, what ever you want to say.

Bret's interview last night with Chuck tells the story. Giddy with an emphatic Woo Pig at the end...he has been told, rid yourself of some staff, no more embarrassing losses and I can sell injuries and a 6th year.

PRJ

Duly noted. Thanks for participating.

porkrindjimmy

(notOM)Rebel123

swineology

Tell Clay Hi!

Rainbows and Browns were awesome on the White River

brenthog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 05:05:26 pm

PRJ

Looking at this situation, as a realist...if this is true Jeff will be fired with him. When the game was on TV and the camera panned back to our stadium construction to see the stadium half full, tells you all you need to know. Money rules and will win out in the end. You cant sustain the program at this level and go through atadium expansion. Injuries are not the issue, the team has failed to improve year in and year out. It feels like the end of the BB era. One more year will not improve the situation, but will further deteriorate the situation.

This is a shame and I would rather BB succeed because that means the Hogs are winning, but you can just feel it isn't working.

Uberanubis

Quote from: hobhog on November 05, 2017, 05:28:02 pm
I didnt watch the UCA game and could care less how they do, but have a weird desire to go on their message board and tell their fans what I think is going on there. Next week I plan on not watching the ASU game and doing the same.

you should care, i think UCA would beat the breaks off the hogs.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

hoghiker

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 05, 2017, 07:48:31 pm
That trail is on my list. Going to do it before next summer.
Summer is a poor time to do the OHT. Too many bugs and  snakes. Humidity and heat is an added bonus. I watched the game from start to finish. I was glad we won. Felt strange all the way around.

ricepig

Quote from: brenthog on November 05, 2017, 08:27:34 pm
Looking at this situation, as a realist...if this is true Jeff will be fired with him. When the game was on TV and the camera panned back to our stadium construction to see the stadium half full, tells you all you need to know. Money rules and will win out in the end. You cant sustain the program at this level and go through atadium expansion. Injuries are not the issue, the team has failed to improve year in and year out. It feels like the end of the BB era. One more year will not improve the situation, but will further deteriorate the situation.

This is a shame and I would rather BB succeed because that means the Hogs are winning, but you can just feel it isn't working.

I think some people forgot how big the crowd was for the UAB Homecoming a few years ago, about the same. 61,800 was the listed attendance.

brenthog

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 08:10:39 am
I think some people forgot how big the crowd was for the UAB Homecoming a few years ago, about the same. 61,800 was the listed attendance.

What is your point?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hoghiker on November 06, 2017, 07:28:54 am
Summer is a poor time to do the OHT. Too many bugs and  snakes. Humidity and heat is an added bonus. I watched the game from start to finish. I was glad we won. Felt strange all the way around.
I know. That is why I said I am going to do it BEFORE next summer.