Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville expected to fire Pitino and AD Jurich.

Started by rhog1, September 27, 2017, 09:57:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/9/27/16370060/rick-pitino-fired-louisville-basketball-college-fbi-scandal
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich are expected to lose their jobs Wednesday.

According to the Louisville forum their sports radio is reporting that Jurich has already been fired.  I am still surprised  Pitino is going to be fired but I guess this was one scandal too many.

navyhog24

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

MrKnowItAll

@YahooForde
7m
UL president Gregory Postel just told us that there will be a press conference at 1 ET. Said Jurich and Pitino will not attend.

navyhog24

http://www.heyterry.com/blog/uncategorized/once-shining-moment-uofls-rock-bottom-is-at-hand/

Many of the schools affected today are first timers to the scandal walk of shame. UofL's prior dumpster fire of misbehavior is turning into a potential nuclear blast. Rick Pitino's attorney Steve Pence promises that UofL "won't fire Pitino without a bare knuckle fight." Pence predicts that Pitino would prevail in a legal struggle over his reported $44 million buyout.

...If Jurich goes, a mass exodus of Cardinals coaches could start sending out resumes. Tonight, two other high value UofL head coaches tell me that they have not been contacted by the Postel people to test their interest in staying on board if they suddenly get a new boss. That's the only ray of light I can find at this hour....

arkmark

ESPN reports Pitino and Jurich are in fact out.  Heads begin to roll.

rhog1

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 27, 2017, 10:39:11 am
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20834710/louisville-head-coach-rich-pitino-athletic-director-tom-jurich-out
https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/913037614575493120
Interesting note just pointed out to me. If Tom Jurich gets fired, Bobby Petrino's buyout goes down to $4.25 million this year.

Thought this was interesting.  Sounds like their powers that be didn't trust Jurich with the Petrino hire.

WilsonHog

Looks like Jurich was asked to fire Pitino, refused, and now both will be fired.

rhog1

https://twitter.com/mikelacett/status/913064531848548361
Just saw an unmarked police car roll up to Yum. Guy came out of building with desk top computer than leave

Sounds like it is going to get worse for Louisville.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 27, 2017, 10:48:15 am
Looks like Jurich was asked to fire Pitino, refused, and now both will be fired.

Where you seeing this?

Nvm I see the reports now

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhog1 on September 27, 2017, 09:57:08 am
https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/9/27/16370060/rick-pitino-fired-louisville-basketball-college-fbi-scandal
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich are expected to lose their jobs Wednesday.

According to the Louisville forum their sports radio is reporting that Jurich has already been fired.  I am still surprised  Pitino is going to be fired but I guess this was one scandal too many.

Why be surprised at Pitino. They are already under NCAA double secret probation. You know what rolls downhill. IF Jurich is axed then others under him need to start looking elsewhere fast.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rhog1

onebadrubi

Quote from: rhog1 on September 27, 2017, 10:53:29 am
https://twitter.com/KentTaylorWAVE/status/913061196735090688
According to sources, Tom Jurich was asked to fire Rick Pitino, refused, both were fired

You only refuse in that instance if Pitino can burry you.

bkjbearcat

Pitino is 65??? That's his career. If he was 55 my guess is he goes to a small d1 school or even d2 and finishes his career. But he maybe too old too corrupt to do that.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

outlawhogeywells

Hey,  Jeff Long there is an opening you can apply for.  Would reunite you with Bobby

onebadrubi

Pitino buyout is reportedly 44 mill.  Bielema doesn't look so bad now

sickboy

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 27, 2017, 10:58:18 am
Pitino is 65??? That's his career. If he was 55 my guess is he goes to a small d1 school or even d2 and finishes his career. But he maybe too old too corrupt to do that.

Let's also not forget this is a Federal investigation. I'm not saying it's likely, but Pitino could actually be facing jail time if something else is uncovered. He's got more grave things to worry about than if he'll ever coach again.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 27, 2017, 11:00:58 am
Pitino buyout is reportedly 44 mill.  Bielema doesn't look so bad now

Can't believe Louisville would have to pay the buyout. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Hawg Marshal

SIAP that Bobby's buyout gets cut in half with Jurich out. Wonder why that would be?

SouthTulsaHog

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 11:02:53 am
Can't believe Louisville would have to pay the buyout.

His lawyer was quoted in an article as saying if they were to fire him they would fight it and most likely win or some lawyer BS like that. 

Louisville may have to prove Pitino knew to get around the buyout, that could be a hard task if the Feds can't link it.  I'd assume if the Feds could Pitino would have been in the Feds charges instead of just listed as receiving a player that was rolled up in it. 

onebadrubi

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 27, 2017, 11:08:00 am
SIAP that Bobby's buyout gets cut in half with Jurich out. Wonder why that would be?

We could fire our current guy and bring him back!!!

navyhog24

Pitino in 2011:

QuoteLOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Rick Pitino said Tuesday that he won't coach past the 2016-2017 season when his current contract ends at Louisville.

"When you're 59, you're realistic that you don't have a whole lot of years left," Pitino said at a news conference before the No. 4 Cardinals play No. 12 Georgetown on Wednesday. "My contract's going to run out in 2017. I'm not coaching anymore after that."

Prophetic

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

bulldog04

So Louisville will hire Jeff Long so he can be reunited with Bobby

rhog1

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-spt-louisville-scandal-acc-20170928-story.html
This article that is calling for the ACC to punish Louisville gives a pretty good accounting of how corrupt Louisville is.

# Jurich hired Bobby Petrino for a second tour as Louisville's football coach. No matter that Petrino was disgraced by an extramarital affair — with a subordinate he hired! — that ended his tenure at Arkansas. No matter that Pitino's 2003 adultery had embarrassed Louisville and included attempted extortion by the woman.

# When Petrino's co-offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway was ensnared in last season's Wakeyleaks mess — a Wake Forest radio analyst provided Deacons game-plan information to Galloway prior to the teams' game — Louisville did not discipline Galloway until coerced by Swofford.

# University president James Ramsey was forced to resign in 2016 after 14 years of turmoil, and Kentucky's governor fired Louisville's entire Board of Trustees. Ramsey's tenure was, the Louisville Courier-Journal wrote, marked "by a string of scandals, allegations of financial mismanagement, embezzlement and various controversies." Ramsey also enabled Jurich and the athletic department.

# Citing a "culture of secrecy and lack of transparency," new trustees threatened to sue the university's foundation for access to financial records.

# In June, an audit said the foundation squandered money on ill-advised real estate investments and startups, plus tickets to football games, and then attempted to conceal the transactions. The foundation was further entwined with Jurich and the athletic department.

# Also in June, the NCAA sanctioned Pitino and his program for providing hookers and strippers to 15 prospects and three enrolled athletes. A notorious micromanager, Pitino insisted he had no knowledge of the transgressions committed by a former staff member.

# Pitino is using the same defense in this latest scandal, saying he has no knowledge of his program, in concert with shoe manufacturer Adidas, paying a recruit about $100,000 to sign with the Cardinals. Louisville extended its apparel contract with Adidas this summer for 10 years and $160 million.

Pig in the Pokey

Pitino, aka Coach #2 ... "Nobody swings a bigger D*** than (coach #2)"
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rude1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 29, 2017, 03:13:43 pm
Pitino, aka Coach #2 ... "Nobody swings a bigger D*** than (coach #2)"
Lol, yes looks like we have our first link to a head coaching position as being involved in this cash for play underground system.

rhog1

Quote from: rude1 on September 29, 2017, 03:23:43 pm
Lol, yes looks like we have our first link to a head coaching position as being involved in this cash for play underground system.
They rightly deserve the NCAA death penalty for this scandal. Wonder if the NCAA will have the balls to give it to them?

HognitiveDissonance

Yea, it's nice to see Louisville in trouble, but we don't play them, and don't even recruit against them all that much (except Kingsley)

So the best case scenario is for Louisville to say 'we're going down, but we're bringing Kentucky with us' and throw as much mud as they possibly can towards Lexington.
We already know Pitino and Calipari can't stand each other anyway.

navyhog24

Its official. Pitino fired at Louisville.

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello
BREAKING: ULAA has voted to terminate the contract of Rick Pitino "with just cause."

hobhog

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 16, 2017, 02:21:24 pm
Its official. Pitino fired at Louisville.

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello
BREAKING: ULAA has voted to terminate the contract of Rick Pitino "with just cause."

So how much do they pay him?