Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema take on Austin Allen

Started by Dillon23, March 02, 2018, 02:19:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillon23

Just reading Austin's Bio on the NFL combine page and saw this.

"Former head coach, Bret Bielema believes Allen has been permanently affected by these ailments"

In reference to his shoulder injuries.  Although it may be honest and true, it doesn't sound like the endorsement you would want from the coach that put you in the position to get pounded every game.   

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

31to6

Quote from: Dillon23 on March 02, 2018, 02:19:49 pm

"Former head coach, Bret Bielema believes Allen has been permanently affected by these ailments"

In reference to his shoulder injuries.  Although it may be honest and true, it doesn't sound like the endorsement you would want from the coach that put you in the position to get pounded every game.   
What a spiteful, vindictive thing to say.

Inhogswetrust

I think we should ask Austin what ailments affect Bret...........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

If I were any of the three Allen's affiliated with Bielema in his time here, I would have an issue with that comment and I think I'd release a few comments myself.  That is a complete BS comment and possibly comes from an issue Bielema had with Austin. 

The only thing Bielema did more damage too than the Allen brothers bodies was the bottle. 

(notOM)Rebel123

How do you know Bret actually said this? He isn't quoted in the analysis.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/austin-allen?id=32462018-0002-5601-179e-7f64e9949129
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dillon23

I don't know how to confirm it, but one would assume that when a writer actually mentions his name, that it would be sourced.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 02, 2018, 02:25:24 pm
I think we should ask Austin what ailments affect Bret...........

Obesity? High blood pressure?
Hogville member since 2005.

DeltaBoy

Damn he threw AA under the Bus!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JIHawg

Let's ask Austin about any alcohol issues.

baitshop

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 02, 2018, 02:38:42 pm
How do you know Bret actually said this? He isn’t quoted in the analysis.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/austin-allen?id=32462018-0002-5601-179e-7f64e9949129

Actually, at the bottom of the analysis, it does confirm the quote/thought in 1st post of thread.
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ImHogginIt

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

nchogg

I want to see what he said with my own eyes. If he said that my opinion of him would make him hog s**t.

jgphillips3

PorkRinds

I know we all like to assume the worst but could it be that Bielema didn't say it in the context of bashing him? Context sure would help determine why he said it.

twistitup

Surprising? Not in the least...

In the link above - it's listed under official 'weaknesses'

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 02, 2018, 05:36:53 pm
I know we all like to assume the worst but could it be that Bielema didn't say it in the context of bashing him? Context sure would help determine why he said it.

If he was asked point blank, "Do you believe those ailments are permanent?"  I would expect he would have to be honest with his assessment.

Not that I like it, but I understand it.
Retired Radio Host

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 31to6 on March 02, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

But why would BB be spiteful or vindictive towards AA?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 02, 2018, 05:46:30 pm
If he was asked point blank, "Do you believe those ailments are permanent?"  I would expect he would have to be honest with his assessment.

Right. Or possibly they saw something specific about his shoulder and asked CBB about it. Heck, they could have even cut part of the quote and he said that and "but I feel like he's still a great option at QB". There's just no telling with just a small snippet of info. I don't see CBB having any reason to bash Austin needlessly. 

Cure

What's the deal? You want him to lie about it? You could see he wasn't the same this season.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

aloha_kid

Quote from: 31to6 on March 02, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

You don't think all the poking and prodding they undergo wouldn't reveal the injury.  BTW, I wouldn't read too much into anything he says, he's not a doctor.  While it may be his belief, any team seriously looking at him will be able to verify it.

aloha_kid

Clearly Bret's lack of medical training is apparent.  An opinion coming from someone without medical training really doesn't matter ... it's just an opinion.  Any NFL team considering taking him, will fully vet his injuries.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The ailments were caused by sorry ass offensive line that was caused by highly questionable recruiting and the hire of a guy that should never coach at the P5 level again.  Bet Bert won't claim that nugget unless of course it was battered and deep fried.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

King Kong

So his crappy Oline is the reason if it has

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 02, 2018, 03:33:31 pm
Scroll down to the weaknesses section to see it
Quote from: baitshop on March 02, 2018, 03:24:37 pm
Actually, at the bottom of the analysis, it does confirm the quote/thought in 1st post of thread.

No it doesn't. It just states...
"Former head coach, Bret Bielema believes Allen has been permanently affected by these ailments".
That's not a direct quote. Not a staunch defender of CBB by any stretch. But to write that in the analysis without a direct quote is weak.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogvillage Idiot

March 02, 2018, 07:08:42 pm #27 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:28:12 pm by Hogvillage Idiot
NM
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

rude1

Quote from: Cure on March 02, 2018, 05:53:39 pm
What's the deal? You want him to lie about it? You could see he wasn't the same this season.
Lie about it? How about not just speculate on it? Which is what he did, he doesn't know but he speculated that it "might" be permanent. Could have phrased that a thousand different ways yet he chose the most negative he could find, but of course to some he is still this great fat wonderful teddy bear.

hoglady

I've never thought Bielema was this great, stand up guy folks thought he was.

This just further confirms what I've always thought.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Nashville Fan

So now CBB is giving medical opinions? He went to medical school with the 15MM? AA should sue CBB for illegal release of personal medical information.
Pittman or Bust!

31to6

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2018, 07:19:04 pm
Lie about it? How about not just speculate on it? Which is what he did, he doesn't know but he speculated that it "might" be permanent. Could have phrased that a thousand different ways yet he chose the most negative he could find, but of course to some he is still this great fat wonderful teddy bear.
Exactly.

BB, in an alternate universe, "Austin is a tough kid with a strong work ethic. I'm not a doctor, but I can say that I've seen him work through injuries before and return to the field."

There is always a way to answer a question truthfully that doesn't torch someone. Particularly when your entire persona is wrapped around how much you care for your players.

Fact is, nobody can know whether AA's injuries are permanent because every person recovers differently. I've seen a person return to the field who was told they would never walk again.

hoglady

All he had to say was that's a question for the medical professionals - how hard would that have been.
And actually that's a much more appropriate response instead of Bielema's speculation.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2018, 07:19:04 pm

You are speculating as to what CBB said as the writer paraphrased CBB. Some of you guys are just whiney little babies. He is gone - get over it. You sound like a jilted girl.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hoglady on March 02, 2018, 08:03:12 pm
All he had to say was that's a question for the medical professionals - how hard would that have been.
And actually that's a much more appropriate response instead of Bielema's speculation.

Are you sure CBB hasn't seen the medical analysis? AA was his QB.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Nashville Fan

Quote from: hoglady on March 02, 2018, 08:03:12 pm
It is very reasonable to assume BB would have had access to medical trainer's opinions. NFL teams know this. It was not received as speculation and was highly inappropriate, if not illegal.
Pittman or Bust!

Athog

Quote from: Dillon23 on March 02, 2018, 02:41:38 pm
I don't know how to confirm it, but one would assume that when a writer actually mentions his name, that it would be sourced.

In this day I am not so sure!

hoglady

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 02, 2018, 08:12:36 pm
Are you sure CBB hasn’t seen the medical analysis? AA was his QB.

That really doesn't matter - wasn't his information to give out / it's Austin's medical information.

hoglady

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 02, 2018, 08:15:57 pm
It is very reasonable to assume BB would have had access to medical trainer's opinions. NFL teams know this. It was not received as speculation and was highly inappropriate, if not illegal.

You're right if he based it off Austin's medical information instead of speculation - that's even worse.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hoglady on March 02, 2018, 08:25:38 pm
That really doesn't matter - wasn't his information to give out / it's Austin's medical information.

Again you are jumping to a conclusion from an indirect quote.

PorkRinds

Some of y'all are total drama queens.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 02, 2018, 08:39:07 pm
Some of y'all are total drama queens.

I don't know, man.  I kinda agree with them.  Bielema has no idea if it's permanent or not.  Not to mention it was his damn fault to begin with.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SooieGeneris

Once again, Bert's alligator mouth is at work. The guy just can't help himself, he's got to express an opinion when he just as easily could have refrained from trashing one of his former player's chances of getting drafted in the late rounds.

Bert looking after Bert as he seeks an NFL assistant job or analyst job at the college level even as he has a Brinks truck loaded with UA money parked in his garage..

Mark my words; if we win more than 6 games in 2018, Blabbermouth Bert will come forward to try to take credit for it when he should be apologizing for tanking the 2017 season with most of the same players..

Is not destroying seat cushions part of a 12 step program?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2018, 08:41:48 pm
I don't know, man.  I kinda agree with them.  Bielema has no idea if it's permanent or not.  Not to mention it was his damn fault to begin with.

We have no idea what he said. Unless it's a direct quote it's hard to get too worked up about it.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2018, 08:41:48 pm

Agree with what? An indirect quote which means we don't know his actual words nor the context. Seems dramatic to me.

But we do this to every coach that leaves.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 02, 2018, 08:48:42 pm
Once again, Bert's alligator mouth is at work. The guy just can't help himself, he's got to express an opinion when he just as easily could have refrained from trashing one of his former player's chances of getting drafted in the late rounds.

Bert looking after Bert as he seeks an NFL assistant job or analyst job at the college level even as he has a Brinks truck loaded with UA money parked in his garage..

Mark my words; if we win more than 6 games in 2018, Blabbermouth Bert will come forward to try to take credit for it when he should be apologizing for tanking the 2017 season with most of the same players..

Is not destroying seat cushions part of a 12 step program?

You mean expressing an opinion like you are doing?

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 02, 2018, 08:49:07 pm
We have no idea what he said. Unless it's a direct quote it's hard to get too worked up about it.

I assume the writer didn't just attribute words to Bielema that he didn't say.

Whether that's a fair assumption or not is debatable.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 02, 2018, 08:49:39 pm
Agree with what? An indirect quote which means we don't know his actual words nor the context. Seems dramatic to me.

But we do this to every coach that leaves.

I didn't wait for him to leave.  I haven't liked him since 2015.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The OTR

Let's be honest.  Four years of wear and tear on his shoulder throwing the football, eating jelly sandwiches at halftime and cracking and eating lobsters. 

Most quarterbacks only have the stress of throwing.  Arkansas quarterbacks have to endure too much workload and repetitive motions.  Too much stress and strain.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2018, 09:19:41 pm
I didn't wait for him to leave.  I haven't liked him since 2015.

True.  You be hatin on him a while.  ;)