Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Richardson is reportedly trying to regain a year of eligibility

Started by Con el Cerdos, March 01, 2018, 04:09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Con el Cerdos

he lost due to injury.  Actually played one game his jr. year, then missed the remainder of the year.

Trent Shadid, writer for SEC Country, says he is unlikely to get a favorable ruling from the NCAA.

Anyone have info as to why Kevin may not succeed in his attempt.

Vantage 8 dude

Problem is it's the NCAA. Trying to figure out many of their decisions is virtually impossible at times.

JIHawg

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on March 01, 2018, 04:09:07 pm
he lost due to injury.  Actually played one game his jr. year, then missed the remainder of the year.

Trent Shadid, writer for SEC Country, says he is unlikely to get a favorable ruling from the NCAA.

He must like the new coaching staff.

Con el Cerdos

So, you're saying that Shadid likely doesn't know darn about Kevin's attempt, and the inconsistency of the NCAA in handling these matters is the culprit.

Hogdomer

He redshirted his freshman year.  You only get 5 years to play 4, unless you get a rare sixth year waiver (those are usually only given if you've had two season ending injuries in two different years). 

ricepig

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 01, 2018, 04:30:48 pm
He redshirted his freshman year.  You only get 5 years to play 4, unless you get a rare sixth year waiver (those are usually only given if you've had two season ending injuries in two different years). 

Correct, he voluntarily redshirted his first year. 6th years are given for two seasons cut short from injury, generally. Kody Walker got his due to injuries.

King Kong

The hang up has to do with going over normally alotted 5 years to play 4.

To get a 6h year you have to prove to the NCAA you missed majority of 2 seasons due to injury. We know he missed 2016 to the peck. But he will have to prove he missed 2013 season because of an injury instead of it being player development. Hopefully, he can.

Someone like Ryan Pulley could get a Medical RS from last year easier than Richardson because he never redshirted wouldn't be asking for additional year. He would still fall into the 5 years to play 4.

FANONTHEHILL

It's my understanding that he was approved and will be back for a 6th year.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Arthur pigby sellers.

presidenthog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 01, 2018, 05:41:59 pm

Perfect. Gives us depth, and a ton of leadership/ experience at the nickel.

AHiD

Omg this is amazing if true
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

AlmaHog2011

Would be huge good. I don't think the NCAA has ever ruled in our favor but this kid deserves it. Leadership and he can play.

jgphillips3

That would be a huge development.  Can never have enough salty players in the defensive backfield.

ricepig

Morris said in the PC after practice that he is cleared to practice, but hasn't been granted his 6th year yet. He's working at the nickel.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Redshirting alone should make it 5 years to play 4 PLUS an extra year for seasons missed due to injury. Its not that difficult to understand and implement (unless youre the NCAA)

Edit

And it wouldn't have a big affect on the roaster because most teams only lose 1 or 2 players to season ending injury each year
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jgphillips3

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 07:43:13 pm
Morris said in the PC after practice that he is cleared to practice, but hasn't been granted his 6th year yet. He's working at the nickel.

It did sound like he thought he would get it though from the tone of his statement.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

King Kong

GoHogzzGo

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-defense-kevin-richardson-2018

Nothing new, but a great summary on the Kevin Richardson situation.
As everyone is saying, man that would be huge to have him back.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

booogaga

I do not think he has been given his sixth year YET but the fact that the NCAA is allowing him to practice tells me he has a pretty good shot.
GO HOGS!