Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Body by Herb ain't working!

Started by MrKlem10, September 09, 2017, 06:22:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

buldozer

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 10, 2017, 08:26:10 pm
and foot stress fractures
^^^This!^^^ I have posted this a dozen times on this board. Either Herb's exercise program, nutrition or shoes is the culprit in all the broken feet! This head coach has no common sense. And it has been apparent that these kids are not in shape or are under developed in the past. This was not the first time that smaller players have dominated our bigger kids. Inexcusable IMO. CBB's entire program is in shambles. OL coach is a joke, Herb is a joke and the kids are not adequately developed or coached. I refuse to believe it is our athletes fault as CBB would have you believe.

presidenthog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 11, 2017, 01:17:08 am
It's usually like that but seriosly it's not this way this time.  Our jimmy and joes are fine, it's the X's and O's.

I already added on to that post and basically put the blame on Bert. His pressure to "stick to our dna" has caused 2 WTH moments with enos. This game and ATM last year. FOTH fills in the resr of the gap if you read the whole exchange. He is not willing to blame Bert. I am. He doesn't understand why enos doesn't run his CMU offense. I do. Its the fat guy in the wind breaker.

I'm done defending him. This failure is all on Bert at this point. He has his fingers in more of this than some would have you believe.

I do believe we have talent. We just are not scheming to thier strengths. That is on Bert who cannot give up his way of offense. We need to run some spread power in the red zone to create space and less bodies to block for our smaller offensive line.

soooieman

Quote from: Hog Pharm on September 10, 2017, 10:35:23 pm
This. It's hard to run in the A gap at the goal line. We need creativity in the play calling instead of banging our head against a brick wall.
Like running an end around? Oh wait...

Hawgzinbowlz

Many parts of the entire program are not working at a winning SEC level...And CBB owns it all, including the quality of our S&C...We are not getting our money's worth.

" GO HOGS "

The_Iceman

Quote from: presidenthog on September 10, 2017, 09:46:14 pm
Agree 100%. We can not keep trying to run power out of i form 22 personnel at the goal line. We need to adopt some of what Ohio st and auburn do and run power out of spread formations. To create some space in running lanes. I've been screaming about it since last year. We are not creative in goal line situations. The issue is our philosophy needs to change there. Instead of going in a phone booth we need to run power out of spread formations. It would be an immediate change for the better. How we cannot see this i do not know. I am not saying enos is not without fault. I do think some of this way of thinking is coming from Bret as well.

Exactly. We actually need a goal line power running QB. The defense with be spread out having to account for the QB dive, RB off tackle, jet sweep, and a quick PA pass.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 11, 2017, 04:29:30 am
Many parts of the entire program are not working at a winning SEC level...And CBB owns it all, including the quality of our S&C...We are not getting our money's worth.

" GO HOGS "

Unless you are a donor and season ticket holder then it isn't your money. Even if you are, once you give up your money to them without knowing the results of games beforehand, it still isn't your money then. If you don't like the results on the field after the season then quit giving them your money.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Herb not getting us the results the Team needs,.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

al_pigcino

I wouldn't mind them being big and slow if they blew people off the ball on short yardage plays.  But being 6'5 330lbs, slow, and then on top of it not being able to gain a yard when needed is ridiculous. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MrKlem10 on September 09, 2017, 06:22:08 pm
Big, slow,  and weak...

That about covers it.
I keep telling everybody that but no one wanted to listen. This isn't the BIG10 anymore. Can't play slow big boy ball in the SEC and get away with it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 09, 2017, 06:35:15 pm
Hogs suck!

Geez bro...Going in with no Vaseline I see.  Wake up call had to happen.  Hopefully it's a better now than later in SEC play...

IronHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 11, 2017, 06:39:11 am
Unless you are a donor and season ticket holder then it isn't your money. Even if you are, once you give up your money to them without knowing the results of games beforehand, it still isn't your money then. If you don't like the results on the field after the season then quit giving them your money.

You pay taxes in Arkansas you got skin in the game
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

onebadrubi

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 10, 2017, 09:23:45 pm
I want to see the Dan Enos playbook that he ran at Central Michigan.  Spread it out and move people around.  When Chaney and Pittman left the size of the Olineman changed.  6'4" 310 that could move was what they wanted.  They've recruited to that body type.  The problem is that the scheme hasn't changed like the body types have.  Look at the red zone.  At 6'5", 340, you can run straight ahead Chaney and Pittman style.   Now they're smaller.  They need to spread it out and make creases. I love the Dan Enos scheme, but the current playbook is too conservative.

Mike Irwin said the same thing about Chaney when Chaney was on his way out.  So if this is infact hte case that the previous two OC's have playbooks that are for some reason being restricted, we need to know why.  Common denominator is Bielema it would appear. 

HillBillyHogfan

yeah, but we would kick TCU's ass in a one legged squat competition hosted at the top of the south end zone
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

AirWarren

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on September 11, 2017, 01:27:09 pm
yeah, but we would kick TCU's ass in a one legged squat competition hosted at the top of the south end zone

And make a sweet video about it.

HillBillyHogfan

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

VBCHog

Take em out there to cut a few ricks of wood and they will be strong enough to compete.

HawgTrough

Quote from: mrp on September 09, 2017, 06:41:43 pm
I'm so upset by the hogs losing that I can't quit cutting these small almost silent snap farts. But I still have a lot of confidence in CBB and those sweet hog players.

I've had these short, hot, disgusting farts every since Saturday as well. Interesting
WPS

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 11, 2017, 06:39:11 am
Nonsense.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: IronHog on September 11, 2017, 01:14:59 pm
You pay taxes in Arkansas you got skin in the game

+1

lol, maybe the more posts on Hogville the more the brain becomes calcified...With 30k being the tipping point.

" GO HOGS "

870hogfan

Quote from: presidenthog on September 11, 2017, 01:03:11 am
I still do not believe he is a bad coordinator. I don't. I think Bert has his hand in more than people want to admit. Bert is the one who makes roster decisions. Not the coordinators. Go listen to any interview and they always defer to Bert.

I think we have 2 good coordinators. I really do. I think bert constrains them though into what he wants. For enos he is asked to be a power run guy in the red zone. Always. Its why we have nothing to show I  the red zone. Its been this way his whole career. Its our "dna".

Who is Bert?

Phatasshog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 10, 2017, 11:48:31 am
The same people posting here were complaining that the OL couldn't get out in front of a screen when they all weighed 340.  It doesn't matter what your chess pieces look like if you're being out schemed.

Ding Ding Ding!!!  Best @$#$ I have read all day!

Kevin

I don't think we have enough guys with a big ole mean streak. soft
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 11, 2017, 03:45:43 pm
Nonsense.

" GO HOGS "

Then tell us how much you have a VESTED interest moneywise in the program. Otherwise it isn't nonsense.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

IronHog

Quote from: Kevin on September 11, 2017, 04:21:32 pm
I don't think we have enough guys with a big ole mean streak. soft

Mean can be taught on some level....

BB had some hard nosed teams when he had BPs Marine boot camp hardend leftovers.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.