1 (25%)
Yeti
2 (50%)
Frito Pie
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: June 12, 2016, 09:12:47 am

Pulled(PP)pork

just now looking into this, the rtic seems very well constructed and half the price....get what you pay for??

Pulled out...

BR

I have Both in the 30 OZ Tumbler.... Not really any difference in the time they hold ICE, did a comparison down in Belize...  I will buy the RTIC in the future..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pulled(PP)pork

so many emerging "knock-offs" out there, but rtic seems to be legit

PP

Veritas Arkansas

Buy RTIC while you can.  YETI has filed a lawsuit against them for patent infringement.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 07, 2016, 09:36:10 am
Buy RTIC while you can.  YETI has filed a lawsuit against them for patent infringement.
they probably have a case

PP

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 07, 2016, 09:36:10 am

I think they try to file lawsuits on most all roto-molded cooler companies.  The biggest problem with the RTIC coolers is that it takes forever to get one.  They have been backlogged for a long time. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 07, 2016, 10:05:10 am
I think they try to file lawsuits on most all roto-molded cooler companies.  The biggest problem with the RTIC coolers is that it takes forever to get one.  They have been backlogged for a long time.

This is correct. That's basically yeti's strategy. Go after every small start up and tie them up in litigation before they can get a foot hold. Too late on rtic. And the whole thing is stupid. Yeti didn't invent this type of cooler.  It started with pelican and they took the type of cooler used for organ transplant transportation and made them more suitable for consumer use.  Yeti wasn't even the first.

rzrbk4life

I have a Yeti 45 qt cooler and really like it. I use it quite a bit for hunting/camping and it has held up great. But I have a RTIC 30 oz tumbler and it seems just as good as the Yeti ones. It is definitely my go to cup now and they do hold ice forever.

I don't know if you are looking for a cooler or cup but might want to keep an eye out at Wal-Mart, as they are starting to make them both (tumbler and cooler) and are A LOT cheaper than Yeti and look just as good. Was tempted to pick up one of the Walmart cups but I just don't have a need for another cup. I think the cup was around $7.50?
Let's call those hogs!!!!

jdelo77

My dad has been a yeti dealer for a few years , he gets all the new stuff before it hits shelves , he got the lowball early last year , I got the water bottle earlier this year ! But we have the the roadie cooler and both tumblers , the yeti held ice in 95+ degree heat last year in Florida for 9 days ...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 07, 2016, 09:20:25 pm
My dad has been a yeti dealer for a few years , he gets all the new stuff before it hits shelves , he got the lowball early last year , I got the water bottle earlier this year ! But we have the the roadie cooler and both tumblers , the yeti held ice in 95+ degree heat last year in Florida for 9 days ...
I'm calling bs or I have a defective yeti tumbler.  I was in destin a week ago and it wouldn't hold ice for 24hrs in 90 degree temps

the rtic does the same, for half the price

PP

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 08, 2016, 08:09:41 am
I'm calling bs or I have a defective yeti tumbler.  I was in destin a week ago and it wouldn't hold ice for 24hrs in 90 degree temps

the rtic does the same, for half the price

PP

Pretty sure he was talking about the cooler, not the tumbler that lasted that long.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 08, 2016, 10:08:13 am
Pretty sure he was talking about the cooler, not the tumbler that lasted that long.
haha, pretty sure I missed that

My apologies

PP

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: rzrbk4life on June 07, 2016, 04:36:13 pm
I have a Yeti 45 qt cooler and really like it. I use it quite a bit for hunting/camping and it has held up great. But I have a RTIC 30 oz tumbler and it seems just as good as the Yeti ones. It is definitely my go to cup now and they do hold ice forever.

I don't know if you are looking for a cooler or cup but might want to keep an eye out at Wal-Mart, as they are starting to make them both (tumbler and cooler) and are A LOT cheaper than Yeti and look just as good. Was tempted to pick up one of the Walmart cups but I just don't have a need for another cup. I think the cup was around $7.50?
Are you saying to keep an eye out for Rtic products at Wal-Mart?  I thought they were direct sales only?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 08, 2016, 11:32:18 am
Are you saying to keep an eye out for Rtic products at Wal-Mart?  I thought they were direct sales only?
dont think he meant that

PP

rzrbk4life

No not the RTIC products but the WalMart brand. WalMart has copied the design as well and are making coolers/tumblers that look just like them. They should stock them back in the camping dept. That's where I saw them.
Let's call those hogs!!!!

jdelo77

Yeti roadie ( 20 ) held ice for that long , it's all in how much you open the lid ! My brother has the 110 and packed it with dry ice recently for a hunting trip and after seven days the food was still frozen together ... He fit a whole side of beef in there on the way back

ricepig

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 08, 2016, 08:31:36 pm
Yeti roadie ( 20 ) held ice for that long , it's all in how much you open the lid ! My brother has the 110 and packed it with dry ice recently for a hunting trip and after seven days the food was still frozen together ... He fit a whole side of beef in there on the way back

He shot a cow??

Pulled(PP)pork

jacobp

Ozark Trail, and they're getting excellent reviews

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 22, 2016, 10:08:49 am
Try the Wal Mart Ozark Trail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enBQ_v3NSwM
do yourself a solid and splurge every once in a while....your kid will survive

PP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on August 22, 2016, 05:52:59 pm
do yourself a solid and splurge every once in a while....your kid will survive

PP

I got my family 3 of them for 30 bucks and drinking Ice water all day long I fill it up once in the morning and top it off after supper.  Now if I just fill them and let them sit out on the counter they hold ice for 24 + hours.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Boog41

Is Rtic the one that two of the original Yeti guys left and started?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boog41 on August 23, 2016, 11:15:39 am
Is Rtic the one that two of the original Yeti guys left and started?
It's a bit like the BGE/Primo story.  Cloudy on the details, but I believe RTIC was started by a former designer for yeti, like Primo was for BGE.  Basically realized they could change the design a bit and get in on the market.  Although the RTIC and YETI really don't have any noticeable differences.  Which is why yeti sues any and everyone they can.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 23, 2016, 04:55:37 pm
It's a bit like the BGE/Primo story.  Cloudy on the details, but I believe RTIC was started by a former designer for yeti, like Primo was for BGE.  Basically realized they could change the design a bit and get in on the market.  Although the RTIC and YETI really don't have any noticeable differences.  Which is why yeti sues any and everyone they can.

Read they are going to sue Wal mart cause of their Ozark Trail Cups and Ice Chest.

HogPharmer

I have the Yeti 20 oz & Ozark Trail 30 oz. For the price difference, I'd take the Ozark Trail. It works great. I use it over my Yeti now.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TheJoeyBucketz

My wife has a 30 Yeti and I have a 30 Ozark Trail.

They are the same cup. Same look, same weight, hell even the lid is the same. Only difference is the logo and the fact that I got one for me and two for our kids for less than the price of hers.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: golf2day on August 24, 2016, 04:31:39 pm
My wife has a 30 Yeti and I have a 30 Ozark Trail.

They are the same cup. Same look, same weight, hell even the lid is the same. Only difference is the logo and the fact that I got one for me and two for our kids for less than the price of hers.

I am looking at the Ozark Trail Ice Chest for my collection.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 31, 2016, 10:16:46 am
Let us know how it works. I'm all about ripping off yeti:)
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

pigture perfect

I got my Yeti tumbler for free, so I'm good. But I do like the fact that Walmart named theirs "Ozark Trails". It will be good for getting the area positive publicity.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 31, 2016, 10:16:46 am
pull the trigger!

PP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 01, 2016, 08:29:01 am
pull the trigger!

PP

Got to wait since I just finished paying the kids college tuition. So at my house we are suffering from maltuition.

PorkRinds

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 31, 2016, 05:36:09 pm
I got my Yeti tumbler for free, so I'm good. But I do like the fact that Walmart named theirs "Ozark Trails". It will be good for getting the area positive publicity.

Ozark trail has been th wal mart outdoor brand for a decade or more.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 01, 2016, 11:54:23 am
Ozark trail has been the wal mart outdoor brand for a decade or more.

Yes they been around since the mid 1990's.