Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I’ll be honest, Malzahn offense is exciting

Started by Mr. Porkleone, November 25, 2017, 03:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

This type of offense is exciting and would love to see it ran.

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 25, 2017, 03:21:28 pm
This type of offense is exciting and would love to see it ran.

You could have if Nutt would have allowed it in '06.

PORKULATOR

His kicker just did the ultimate embarrassing embellishment. My wife rewound it twice and and finally just said, "what a weak a$$M F. If I was his girlfriend, I'd break up with him over that. Lol
🤣🤣😂😂😅
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 25, 2017, 04:02:40 pm
His kicker just did the ultimate embarrassing embellishment. My wife rewound it twice and and finally just said, "what a weak a$$M F. If I was his girlfriend, I'd break up with him over that. Lol
🤣🤣😂😂😅
Smart play. Any coach from jr high on up coaches their kickers to fall if somebody comes remotely close to them.

ballz2thewall

gus' defenses have been some of the best in the country. his offense get the focus but he's had some badass defenses.
The rest of the frog.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 25, 2017, 04:04:38 pm
Smart play. Any coach from jr high on up coaches their kickers to fall if somebody comes remotely close to them.

Yeah, it's common sense.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ShadowTheHedgehog

AirWarren

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 25, 2017, 04:08:09 pm
Holding a Bama to 7 points is more exciting.

HA!

Those type of defensive players aren't coming to fayettechill.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: AP85 on November 25, 2017, 04:11:09 pm
HA!

Regardless of how they got there, those types showed up in Oxford a few years back. :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

AirWarren

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 25, 2017, 04:13:45 pm
Regardless of how they got there, those types showed up in Oxford a few years back. :D

And Oxford is in worst shape than us right now. And that's remarkabke.

Tyro3

Quote from: AP85 on November 25, 2017, 04:14:54 pm
And Oxford is in worst shape than us right now. And that's remarkabke.

And the really remarkable thing is they have more wins than we do.

rtr

Quote from: Tyro3 on November 25, 2017, 04:17:42 pm
And the really remarkable thing is they have more wins than we do.
You just blew up his whole narrative. Very few want to go the Ole Miss route, but there are several on here that are pushing that narrative. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Cinco de Hogo

This thread explains why we need Gus Malzahn.

Arkansas Fan

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 25, 2017, 04:04:53 pm
gus' defenses have been some of the best in the country. his offense get the focus but he's had some badass defenses.

Not because of Gus. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 04:31:10 pm
Not because of Gus.

But was our bad defense his fault?  I mean they did score 100+ on us the last two years.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 04:31:10 pm
Not because of Gus.
Does he not sign off on every defensive recruit and hire every defensive coach???

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: AP85 on November 25, 2017, 04:11:09 pm
HA!

At least we may get a D that tries this "blitzing" thing they keep talking about.

Hoggy Hogalot

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 25, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
But was our bad defense his fault?  I mean they did score 100+ on us the last two years.

No.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jm

Just give me a defense that can slow anybody down a even a little first.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 25, 2017, 04:35:59 pm
Does he not sign off on every defensive recruit and hire every defensive coach???

Does Gus coordinate the defense? You Gus lovers are ridiculous.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 25, 2017, 04:36:33 pm
At least we may get a D that tries this "blitzing" thing they keep talking about.

We did yesterday. Telegraphed blitz on a 3rd down on Mizzou's last possession.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 25, 2017, 04:35:59 pm

Gus only gets credit for defense when it sucks.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Atlhogfan1

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 04:37:55 pm
Does Gus coordinate the defense? You Gus lovers are ridiculous.
You're not gonna give the Head football coach credit for having a complete team? Beyond ignorant.

Bubba's Bruisers

I hope pathetic defense wasn't a reason we fired B.B.  I mean he had nothing to do with that.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 25, 2017, 04:04:38 pm
It should actually be called a penalty. Other sports have stopped allowing embellishment and its a penalty.
Untouched and falling/acting is trying to cheat.
Now, if he bumps you, OK... Fall.. Try to get it. But... Untouched... That's weakness leaving the body and resting on the skin for all to see.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawginbigd1

81 for Auburn is keeping Bama in the game je has dropped and mis-played 2 TDs so far

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 25, 2017, 04:41:01 pm
It should actually be called a penalty. Other sports have stopped allowing embellishment and its a penalty.
Untouched and falling/acting is trying to cheat.
Now, if he bumps you, OK... Fall.. Try to get it. But... Untouched... That's weakness leaving the body and resting on the skin for all to see.
Everybody coaches it that way. I've seen it done literally hundreds of times. And I've seen it draw a penalty countless times. Your opinion that it should be a penalty is irrelevant. It's not a penalty.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 25, 2017, 04:40:47 pm
You're not gonna give the Head football coach credit for having a complete team? Beyond ignorant.

Calm down.  AU is very different from Arkansas. 

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 04:43:28 pm
Calm down.  AU is very different from Arkansas.
You're right I don't remember Nutt, Petrino, and even Bret torching Auburn's defenses. I've got amnesia. Some of you people are so stupid that it's not even funny anymore. It's sad.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 25, 2017, 04:45:35 pm
You're right I don't remember Nutt, Petrino, and even Bret torching Auburn's defenses. I've got amnesia. Some of you people are so stupid that it's not even funny anymore. It's sad.

Why some Hog fans hate Malzahn - his fans. 

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 04:47:13 pm
I want what's best for Arkansas. It's that simple.

PrimHawg

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 04:47:13 pm

So there is not a single coach out there that you want?  Did you want to keep 11-29?  Come on name your favorite so we can make exaggerated statements.

Razorback_Mack

TD Auburn 12 plays 69 yards with relative ease. OP you're exactly right, it's very exciting.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 25, 2017, 04:51:30 pm
So there is not a single coach out there that you want?  Did you want to keep 11-29?  Come on name your favorite so we can make exaggerated statements.

I'm not being negative on Gus.  I haven't made an exaggerated statement.  His program at Arkansas will not look like this because of defenses.  He may have great success at Arkansas.

bhogs05

Mind boggling to me how so many on here dont want Gus..the guy can coach. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 04:53:08 pm
I'm not being negative on Gus.  I haven't made an exaggerated statement.  His program at Arkansas will not look like this because of defenses.  He may have great success at Arkansas.

So what is wrong with a majority, it's not alway group think.  Maybe individually a lot of people think he brings something no other candidate can, that's all. 

N HOG

As usual, Arkansas is cursed. Auburn is going to win.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: N HOG on November 25, 2017, 05:03:14 pm
As usual, Arkansas is cursed. Auburn is going to win.

Likely doesn't even matter.

N HOG

Bubba's Bruisers

Pigsknuckles

OK Malzahnites, how you figure to pry Gus from the plains now?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 25, 2017, 05:14:19 pm
OK Malzahnites, how you figure to pry Gus from the plains now?

Well Mr Bielemer I don't think it matters, he will come if he wants to come and if he commits to that we will wait for him.

Hog Red

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 04:29:54 pm
Norvell's offense is exciting.
His Defense is exciting also. Ranked #108 in yards allowed going into todays game.