Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have fallen off the SEC map

Started by LZH, November 04, 2017, 08:58:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:50:50 pm
Doc, if anyone knew anything about dull, it would certainly be you.

Thanks for another comment that's as brilliant as any you've made.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 04, 2017, 09:48:19 pm
Hey! CBB is fair game but NOT Molly Hatchet! Watch yo self!

Hey now....I love Molly Hatchet. A couple of weeks ago, the good doctor said he would be attending a symphony. I asked him to request flirtin with Disaster.

Dude didn't come.through....

PRJ

jst01

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:42:35 pm
Well, I know a guy who was at a cookout in CBB's neighborhood after a golf tournament. CBB pulled up on his golf cart, drink in hand, cut off sleeved t-shirt, shorts & flip flops. He joined in the party and went from cup to bottle. He was obnoxious and finally 2 guys from the neighborhood drove him home on his golf cart. The host said, "that's nothing new for that guy".
Just passing along what I was told. But also know a few high rollers who say he
Frequents a Dickson Street haunt quite often and needs a lot of help getting home.

I tended bar on Dickson in 2013. Several nights I poured him 5-6 double vodkas in a short time span, and my double pours were big!!

Also, the place I worked held Kickoff with Coaches in August before the season. When BP's staff was there, BP and all coaches drank water. When B.B. and his staff started, many were drinking whatever they wanted. Diff culture for sure

hawgon

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
More info bruh

Self explanatory.  Long got an AP request for comment on Bert's future.  He asked a subordinate advice on how to respond.

LZH

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 09:57:13 pm
Thanks for another comment that's as brilliant as any you've made.

Thanks. You do realize you didn't even have to chime in in the first place, right? So until you enlighten us with something that actually has a reason for you to speak, why not just type in code or something? Try using the $&@%* buttons, that can be quite entertaining.

jst01

Quote from: hawgon on November 04, 2017, 10:01:18 pm
Self explanatory.  Long got an AP request for comment on Bert's future.  He asked a subordinate advice on how to respond.

How does that even get out to the public??

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:02:22 pm
Thanks. You do realize you didn't even have to chime in in the first place, right? So until you enlighten us with something that actually has a reason for you to speak, why not just type in code or something? Try using the $&@%* buttons, that can be quite entertaining.

Thanks for the advice. I'll cherish it always. It's very brainy.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:02:22 pm

Dude....he is a conductor....

PRJ

Atlhogfan1

Asst AD of Communication.  This was why you posted it?  Not because Long wanted to spin up a safe answer. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgon

Quote from: jst01 on November 04, 2017, 10:03:03 pm

Not sure, but it is making the rounds.

BearsBisonsBoars

I'll choose academics over athletics every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

But there's no reason we can't have both, and both is my expectation. Bret got the one, and has failed on the other. So it's time to try something else.

As for [CENSORED]: either have the bones to say it, or the vocabulary to work around it.

LZH

Ooh. I didn't catch that.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jst01 on November 04, 2017, 10:03:03 pm

Skip Waters snatched a laptop.....

PRJ

IMABIELEMA

Arkansas has NEVER had respect from the rest of the SEC.  SEC looks down on us.

atom hog

Quote from: hawgon on November 04, 2017, 09:54:35 pm
Look at this...

I do this kind of PR work for a living... I bet the spin will be "blah,blah, blah game win streak despite all the injuries." My advice is always to be open, honest and answer swiftly.

BearsBisonsBoars

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

EastexHawg

Quote from: go hogues on November 04, 2017, 09:51:26 pm
Or, he'll skeedattle outta town to another gig, leaving the new AD with the mess to clean up.

That would be the most phenomenal bargain since Manhattan Island was bought for a string of beads.

hawgon

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 10:06:38 pm
I do this kind of PR work for a living... I bet the spin will be "blah,blah, blah game win streak despite all the injuries." My advice is always to be open, honest and answer swiftly.

Considering that it was two weeks ago, I think it was "no comment".

atom hog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 04, 2017, 09:54:08 pm
I bet we want have any problems scheduling Sunbelt teams for our OOC games in the near future.  They will all be dreaming of heroic upsets.
Or they will all line up to book us as a rent-a-win for their homecoming games.

hoglady

Quote from: hawgon on November 04, 2017, 10:04:01 pm
Not sure, but it is making the rounds.

Read on another board - it was part of an FOI request.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LZH

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 10:03:38 pm
Thanks for the advice. I'll cherish it always. It's very brainy.

You're welcome. Not trying to be nasty, but if you're going to be a smart ass, don't bring a stick to a gun fight. I am a phreaking gunslinger.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:12:15 pm
You're welcome. Not trying to be nasty, but if you're going to be a smart ass, don't bring a stick to a gun fight. I am a phreaking gunslinger.

http://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

Marshfieldhog

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:12:15 pm

Great!  Show all your skills right now. You've already shown so much talent and the ability to create riveting threads. Where are them awesome guns?

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: jst01 on November 04, 2017, 09:58:38 pm
I tended bar on Dickson in 2013. Several nights I poured him 5-6 double vodkas in a short time span, and my double pours were big!!

Also, the place I worked held Kickoff with Coaches in August before the season. When BP's staff was there, BP and all coaches drank water. When B.B. and his staff started, many were drinking whatever they wanted. Diff culture for sure

So sounds like our coach had/has  a drinking problem. Brilliant!

HoggyCat

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:12:21 pm
You love mediocrity, which equates to loving half erections.

Unfortunately, we're not even mediocre.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

LZH

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 04, 2017, 10:16:13 pm
Unfortunately, we're not even mediocre.

It's OK, it happens to the best of us.

Al Boarland

Has anyone considered what happens if the next guy fails? Do you know what that will do to a program already firmly ingrained in mediocrity? It ain't good.

SemperFi

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 08:58:16 pm
We had to have a big freshman quarterback and a fast young kid out of Little Rock bail us out to keep us from losing to one of the worst teams in D1 football.

LZH, we are one of the worst teams in all of college football. If we're not, then we're one of the worst if not the absolutely worst coached team in all of college football.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hawgon

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 04, 2017, 10:21:04 pm
Has anyone considered what happens if the next guy fails? Do you know what that will do to a program already firmly ingrained in mediocrity? It ain't good.

The next guy has a tough row to hoe just to get to mediocrity.

LZH

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 10:15:26 pm
Great!  Show all your skills right now. You've already shown so much talent and the ability to create riveting threads. Where are them awesome guns?

Doc, my thread was purely driven by emotion. But I am by nature a salesman. If you don't want to get beat down in a thread, use what you know. You don't go into a sales meeting without already covering every possible response or question. Simple as that. Besides, it does help that I played the game and have followed pretty closely over the past 30 years. Don't take it so personal, just remember you chimed in first.

atom hog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 04, 2017, 10:15:52 pm
Great; another excuse. Hope he doesn't "get treatment" before he leaves, because we will not be able to fire him while he's getting help.

Dark Helmet Hog

Has anyone considered what happens if the next guy fails? Do you know what that will do to a program already firmly ingrained in mediocrity? It ain’t good.

No worse than if we stick with the crap we have. At least hope comes with the next guy.

LZH

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 04, 2017, 10:15:52 pm

I think most of our drinking habits have increased since BB got here. Maybe it is just a fad or something.

DoctorSusscrofa

That's a totally legitimate concern, but we still have to get rid of B.B. He couldn't win back enough fans or regain enough credibility in the next 18 months. Every win now will be considered luck or it won't be a good enough win.

LZH

Quote from: SemperFi on November 04, 2017, 10:22:13 pm
LZH, we are one of the worst teams in all of college football. If we're not, then we're one of the worst if not the absolutely worst coached team in all of college football.

I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the sink, but I have said since day one that Brett Bielma is not a leader. We are only going to get worse the longer he stays.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:25:52 pm
I think most of our drinking habits have increased since BB got here. Maybe it is just a fad or something.

There's not enough time in the day to increase some habits.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:23:13 pm
Doc, my thread was purely driven by emotion. But I am by nature a salesman. If you don't want to get beat down in a thread, use what you know. You don't go into a sales meeting without already covering every possible response or question. Simple as that. Besides, it does help that I played the game and have followed pretty closely over the past 30 years. Don't take it so personal, just remember you chimed in first.

Just remember no one tells me not to "chime in."  I said what I think and whoever doesn't like it can just not like it.  And it's no fun chatting on a thread unless you can strongly disagree. Carry on.

LZH

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 04, 2017, 10:27:49 pm
There's not enough time in the day to increase some habits.

Go from 80 proof to 100 proof.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:30:38 pm
Go from 80 proof to 100 proof.

You sir are a problem solver. Well done.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LZH

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 10:30:04 pm
Just remember no one tells me not to "chime in."  I said what I think and whoever doesn't like it can just not like it.  And it's no fun chatting on a thread unless you can strongly disagree. Carry on.

I never suggested that you shouldn't chime in. You just called me out so I responded. Say whatever you wanna say. It's why we're here. But don't get the red ass when I respond in a way that rubs you wrong.

Hogwild

Quote from: farmhawg on November 04, 2017, 09:06:04 pm
Long is lazy and has proven he doesn't care about winning. The chancellor needs to be on the hot seat for not doing his job. What a joke.

Long has been making over $1,000,000 a year, highest paid state athletic director in the SEC.

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:56:13 pm
The Beetles suck.

PRJ
The animals yes. The band the Beatles is the greatest band in history.

Wouldn't expect a flat bill to understand that though.

Kneph13

Bret should have been fired during this game.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Hogwild

we have never been on the SEC map, maybe once we were a road bump for one of the Big 6

247Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:56:13 pm
The Beetles suck.

PRJ

I found something to agree with you on. Most overrated band in history.

BTW BB won't be back next year.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan