Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 03 Nov 2017
  • Auburn fell last night 100 - 95 to Div II "Powerhouse"  ;)  Barry U. It was Auburns 1st exhibition game of the season. Feel free to point at an auburn fan and laugh
  • #2 by BannerMountainMan on 03 Nov 2017
  • Wasn't auburn picked ahead of us 😂😂
  • #3 by Fan701 on 03 Nov 2017
  • Wasn't auburn picked ahead of us 😂😂
    Yes, most "experts" picked Auburn ahead of us, even after the FBI story broke and it became clear some of their top players would be ineligible.
  • #4 by Dwight_K_Shrute on 03 Nov 2017
  • Barry is a very good D2 school they were 23-7 last year.  Our guys struggled at times last week against a weaker D2 school.  I'm not saying Barry would have come to BWA and won but it would have been a possibility, and a much closer game.
  • #5 by azhog10 on 03 Nov 2017
  • Barry is a very good D2 school they were 23-7 last year.  Our guys struggled at times last week against a weaker D2 school.  I'm not saying Barry would have come to BWA and won but it would have been a possibility, and a much closer game.
    Funny you say that. Barry lost two of it's top three scorers and another starter. Central Oklahoma returns it's top 3 scorers from last year, a team that lost to the eventual D2 National Champion by 6. So Central is not what I would call a weak D2 school. They may be inconsistent but they showed they can get up to play against top competition and they return all 5 starters from that team and one of their top bench players.

• #6 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 03 Nov 2017
  • We didn't exactly light it up last week. I'm not ready to point and laugh at anybody. Syracuse lost to some scrub exhibition team a few years ago and I think made a deep run in the tourney. Exhibition means just that.
  • #7 by Dwight_K_Shrute on 03 Nov 2017
  • Funny you say that. Barry lost two of it's top three scorers and another starter. Central Oklahoma returns it's top 3 scorers from last year, a team that lost to the eventual D2 National Champion by 6. So Central is not what I would call a weak D2 school. They may be inconsistent but they showed they can get up to play against top competition and they return all 5 starters from that team and one of their top bench players.

I didn't call it weak, I called it weaker, meaning not as strong as Barry.  Barry's record last year was 23-7.  Central was 17-12.  Barry went to the post season and was 1-1.  Central did not make the tourney.  Regardless of who is coming back or not this year on either team, Barry historically is a stronger program.  Main point was we should not throw stones.
  • #8 by greenEGnHAWGS on 03 Nov 2017
  • ...I've never even heard of Barry U...I literally thought this was going to be some pun about some guy named Barry...lol
  • #9 by FineAsSwine on 03 Nov 2017
  • ...I've never even heard of Barry U...I literally thought this was going to be some pun about some guy named Barry...lol

or a bootlegger's boy.
  • #10 by azhog10 on 04 Nov 2017
  • I didn't call it weak, I called it weaker, meaning not as strong as Barry.  Barry's record last year was 23-7.  Central was 17-12.  Barry went to the post season and was 1-1.  Central did not make the tourney.  Regardless of who is coming back or not this year on either team, Barry historically is a stronger program.  Main point was we should not throw stones.
    Is last years team playing or this years team? As I said Central brings more starters back, more scoring, and played in the toughest conference and region in D2. I can recite records as well but it doesnít make it true.
  • #11 by azhog10 on 04 Nov 2017
  • We didn't exactly light it up last week. I'm not ready to point and laugh at anybody. Syracuse lost to some scrub exhibition team a few years ago and I think made a deep run in the tourney. Exhibition means just that.
    I was part of a team/staff that beat Michigan State University in an exhibition. Beat them OT back in 07.
  • #12 by proffitthog on 04 Nov 2017
  • I would be hacked off if we lost to Barry U
  • #13 by HawgsPolo on 04 Nov 2017

Iím in agreeance that exhibition games mean absolutely nothing.
  • #14 by JonClaudeVanHam on 04 Nov 2017
  • As someone already said, Syracuse lost an exhibition and then went to the Final Four. So I don't read too much into them.
  • #15 by ShadowHawg on 04 Nov 2017
  • I was part of a team/staff that beat Michigan State University in an exhibition. Beat them OT back in 07.

Grand Valley State
  • #16 by azhog10 on 04 Nov 2017
Pages:
Actions