Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Butch Jones denies using concussed player

Started by jbcarol, November 01, 2017, 08:34:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

QuoteKNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee coach Butch Jones made his stance clear on allegations that he knowingly played offensive lineman Brett Kendrick against Kentucky after the fifth-year senior suffered a concussion.

"We would never knowingly put a student-athlete in harm's way," Jones said Wednesday. "Our medical staff has full authority on removing players from competition but also have the authority to return players to competition. I have absolutely no say in these decisions."

Kendrick refused to come out of the game in a conversation with offensive line coach Walt Wells, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Kendrick later reportedly vomited on the sideline, a classic concussion symptom, before he was finally removed in the fourth quarter.

"The Southeastern Conference has also been very proactive having an independent medical observer in the press box that looks for these issues," Jones said. "Also, the officiating crew has full authority for being able to remove a player from the game if they see that."

Kendrick was not removed by officials, and Jones said is not aware [sic] of an SEC observer calling down to the field with an observation...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247 10h10 hours ago

Butch making sure everyone knows he has no part in the decision-making process to remove injured players from the game.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247 19h19 hours ago

Butch: I'm a father of three. My sons play football. This is an important issue to me.

KlubhouseKonnected

I'm sure he gave the player a COURTESY CALL
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Butch Jones = accomplice to rape after the fact.

Eff him and feed him fish heads.,
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jackflash

I am not sure Jones is the all to blame here. Medical staff I would question

TrueBlue

This is the new "trendy" thing to do. The administration at a university trying to paint someone as unethical where they don't have to pay their buyout. See Florida as an example.

Jones will be fired, they are just trying to save $$$ right now.

jbcarol