Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we were 2nd for Devonte Neal

Started by 311Hog, February 22, 2012, 12:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2012, 12:56:42 pm
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1160690.html

hard to hear that notre dame's prestige won out in the end, or rather dad's perception of notre dames academic prestige combined with a lingering negative perception of arkansas as a whole probably won out.

might as well been last.

Danny J

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2012, 01:08:54 pm
watch the video it comes straight out of his mouth

my understand of what he said was, that it was between football powerhouse (arkansas) and staying home close to mom at arizona or academic prestige (notre dame) and staying home near mom at arizona.

i could have misunderstood him
This is not directed at you but we all KNOW he chose notre dame because of academics.  :-\

kingofdequeen

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2012, 05:30:37 pm
BINGO! that's all i care about. who finished 11 and 2, and 5th in the nation.none of those three did. GO Hogs.

i'm printing the tshirts.

" Arkansas 5.7's - DEAL WITH IT ".

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 22, 2012, 10:23:03 pm

Get the period in before the quote and remove the apostrophe before you spend the cash on the shirts.
Go away, batin'

redeye

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 22, 2012, 01:42:57 pm
Sweet... 2nd for Neal,  Gardner and DGB .

Moral recruiting championship.

I was just thinking about that when I read your post. We're used to finishing 2nd, but it's still strange to know for a fact that we finished 2nd for 3 great players, in a year when we really needed one of them, imo.

Quote from: songofthesword on February 22, 2012, 02:13:23 pm
one thing I Have learned, is that about....70% recruiting information out there is what i call "best guess" stuff. people who make rational assumptions and take it as truth.

everyone saide neal was betwen zona and nD. evERYONE. it was really arknasas and norte dame

everyone thought we moved on from tawain johnson becuase his name wasn't coming up but he was very much in the mix.

everyone in decmeber assumed mizzou was an after thought for DGB

everyone assumed Michigan and arknasas for Jordan diamond, when he really liked auburn

Recruiting as a spectator sport is pretty dumb. I take it with a grain of salt, hoping to get a glimpse of what our class will look like, but I don't place much stock in anything I read, hear or see. Besides that we're all hanging on the word of a high school kid at one moment in time, there's way too much speculation, as you duly noted.

Having said that, it sounds to me like Neal's first choice was Arizona, but his dad talked him into moving away for college, leaving Notre Dame, Arkansas and UNC. Sounds like he wanted Arkansas, but his dad wanted Notre Dame. Seems like a great guy and I'm sorry we missed on him.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2012, 04:37:49 pm
Yes i watched it and i know what he said. don't believe everything you hear, even if it comes from the player. remember when the Juco DE claimed he picked a school over Arkansas and thew the Hog hat in the trash? and said that's what CBP did to Willy?  we had not recruited the guy since Willy left. yet he claims he pick another school over us. he lied.

watching the elderly slip into dementia and the grip of alzheimers really is sad.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ElPasoHog

Quote from: baitshop on February 22, 2012, 05:01:07 pm
fcj....you're kidding, right....the words come out of the kids mouth and you say that he is lying.... ::)

What would have to happen for you to believe that Arkansas was his second choice....??

It's just words....sort of like when FCJ said that Pel was the next great coach at Arkansas and how much he loved him.

iseeredpeople

Ball Hawk

Quote from: H0GGYSTYLE on February 22, 2012, 01:17:33 pm
It makes you wonder if that original signed and sealed LOI was to Arkansas and his father refused to sign his portion.  I am not sure of the rules involved but read somewhere yesterday on EPSN during this whole fiasco that if you're under 21 you have to have a legal guardian co-sign LOI's.  Is this true?

Yes your parents have to sign the LOI's before they can be faxed in to the school you are signing with
Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.

TexHog188

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 22, 2012, 10:23:03 pm

Or... Our 5.7's just kicked your arse.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 22, 2012, 01:42:57 pm
Sweet... 2nd for Neal,  Gardner and DGB .

Moral recruiting championship.

In the words of Dale Earnhart, second place is just first loser.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ElPasoHog on February 23, 2012, 07:20:50 am
It's just words....sort of like when FCJ said that Pel was the next great coach at Arkansas and how much he loved him.
And aditted i was wrong the same year, and said we should have fired him after 2 and 15. i see you forgot to add that. i will admit when im wrong. unlike you star Gazers.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 23, 2012, 10:59:14 am
And aditted i was wrong the same year, and said we should have fired him after 2 and 15. i see you forgot to add that. i will admit when im wrong. unlike you star Gazers.

so, you were bandwagon-ing the whole time? 

FCJ's SOP.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: The Hog Father on February 23, 2012, 08:39:40 am
Yes your parents have to sign the LOI's before they can be faxed in to the school you are signing with

Only if they're under 18

forrest city joe

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 23, 2012, 11:08:21 am
so, you were bandwagon-ing the whole time? 

FCJ's SOP.
Call it what you want. when im wrong im wrong. and i do not mind admitting it.unlike Nutt/Pel lovers and star gazers like you. how about that.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 23, 2012, 01:00:41 pm
Call it what you want. when im wrong im wrong. and i do not mind admitting it.unlike Nutt/Pel lovers and star gazers like you. how about that.

say what you will...at least they're consistent.  unlike you.   *sticks out tongue like a child, to ensure you're understanding*

Wildhog

I think he wanted to go to Ohio State, and Meyer wasn't having any part of the daddy issues.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingofdequeen

OH...so you can post on hogville but cant answer a phone or text....

Wildhog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 23, 2012, 02:18:44 pm
OH...so you can post on hogville but cant answer a phone or text....

Not at this moment.  But I may be able to play golf Saturday.
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Wildhog on February 23, 2012, 02:34:24 pm
Not at this moment.  But I may be able to play golf Saturday.

talked to your bro...he's working some magic down in the Spa.  Possible HSCC / Oaklawn double dip?

Wildhog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 23, 2012, 02:35:14 pm
talked to your bro...he's working some magic down in the Spa.  Possible HSCC / Oaklawn double dip?

Saturday or Sunday?
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Wildhog on February 23, 2012, 02:36:29 pm
Saturday or Sunday?

saturday, i assume.  Sunday at Screntennial or Eagle Shill.

forrest city joe

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 23, 2012, 01:35:22 pm
say what you will...at least they're consistent.  unlike you.   *sticks out tongue like a child, to ensure you're understanding*
O IM consistent. i call it like i see it. and i don't care if star Gazers like you like it. you got me?

ElPasoHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 23, 2012, 05:28:04 pm
O IM consistent. i call it like i see it. and i don't care if star Gazers like you like it. you got me?

Consistent at using bad grammar and poor spelling.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ElPasoHog on February 23, 2012, 05:33:24 pm
Consistent at using bad grammar and poor spelling.
And telling Star gazers like you the truth.im going to call it like i see it. and don't care if you like it. how about that?

kingofdequeen

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 23, 2012, 06:56:07 pm
And telling Star gazers like you the truth.im going to call it like i see it. and don't care if you like it. how about that?

wrote a song bout it...like to here it?  here it go...

fatback ain't got no life insur-ance...bout to lose the house and the car....HEEYYYYYYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TeedupHigh

How many remember those who finish second?  Second is nothing more than first loser.

texas tush hog

There is only one place in recruiting and that is first place, everything else is last place.

lumphog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 23, 2012, 08:59:43 pm
wrote a song bout it...like to here it?  here it go...

fatback ain't got no life insur-ance...bout to lose the house and the car....HEEYYYYYYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Goin down town gonna see my gal. Gonna singer a song, gonna show er my . . . . . . .