Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we were 2nd for Devonte Neal

Started by 311Hog, February 22, 2012, 12:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1160690.html

hard to hear that notre dame's prestige won out in the end, or rather dad's perception of notre dames academic prestige combined with a lingering negative perception of arkansas as a whole probably won out.

IBleedRazorbackRed

"Arkansas is a powerhouse" sure do like the sound of that though

Philip Seaton

Arizona was second in that sweepstakes. Not Arkansas.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Watch the video. He says Arkansas was second

311Hog

Quote from: H0GGYSTYLE on February 22, 2012, 01:05:21 pm
Nowhere in this article does it mention Arkansas as being 2nd.

watch the video it comes straight out of his mouth

my understand of what he said was, that it was between football powerhouse (arkansas) and staying home close to mom at arizona or academic prestige (notre dame) and staying home near mom at arizona.

i could have misunderstood him

Flatline

Listen to the video...He said it came down to ND and Arkansas at the end.

H0GGYSTYLE

My apologies; I don't even see a video it must be the computer I am on.

Oliver

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 22, 2012, 01:07:44 pm
Watch the video. He says Arkansas was second

I hope he was lying.  I don't know how many more 2nd place recruiting finishes I can stomach.

311Hog

Quote from: Oliver on February 22, 2012, 01:11:44 pm
I hope he was lying.  I don't know how many more 2nd place recruiting finishes I can stomach.

all i can say is Damn Rudy ! 

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Two wrongs don't make a D'Nerian Wrighter on February 22, 2012, 01:05:26 pm
Arizona was second in that sweepstakes. Not Arkansas.

My bad. I didn't bother do that, probably should have. But gathering what a majority of reporters who interviewed him said, Arizona was second and that is why he was torn. That is the first example of hearing that Arkansas was second.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Oliver on February 22, 2012, 01:11:44 pm

Said Notre Dame won out in the end because of the bigger picture. Great academics. Arizona was in the mix to stay close to mom. And that Arkansas is a powerhouse.

rwspear

H0GGYSTYLE

It makes you wonder if that original signed and sealed LOI was to Arkansas and his father refused to sign his portion.  I am not sure of the rules involved but read somewhere yesterday on EPSN during this whole fiasco that if you're under 21 you have to have a legal guardian co-sign LOI's.  Is this true?

Oliver

Quote from: H0GGYSTYLE on February 22, 2012, 01:17:33 pm
It makes you wonder if that original signed and sealed LOI was to Arkansas and his father refused to sign his portion.  I am not sure of the rules involved but read somewhere yesterday on EPSN during this whole fiasco that if you're under 21 you have to have a legal guardian co-sign LOI's.  Is this true?

Don't know but they might as well make it that way if it isn't.  You are practically recruiting the parents as is.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Arkapigdiesel

Notre lame.  Please.  They haven't been relevant in 20 years.  Prestige my ass.

As long as CB**P is here we will always be more relevant than ND.  Better axe somebody!
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Uncommon

Love how his teammate, Cody Ippolito, said, "See you in the Rose Bowl."  More like the Valero Sun Bowl.

kingofdequeen

Sweet... 2nd for Neal,  Gardner and DGB .

Moral recruiting championship.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: H0GGYSTYLE on February 22, 2012, 01:17:33 pm

If the kid is under 18, the parent has to sign.

AcePigtura

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 22, 2012, 01:39:38 pm
Love how his teammate, Cody Ippolito, said, "See you in the Rose Bowl."  More like the Valero Sun Bowl.

Brian Kelly is certifiably insane and I don't see him being able to build a major contender with the weight of expectations upon him.

3kgthog

Dad got ND just like he wanted. You know the no-show was a father-son dispute over his choice.

jman

Probably the only way those two will get to a bowl is to buy tickets!

Boarcephus

Only if they pony up the $$$ for tickets.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

AcePigtura

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 22, 2012, 01:47:02 pm
Dad got ND just like he wanted. You know the no-show was a father-son dispute over his choice.

I'm just going to tell myself that dad didn't refuse to consent to him going to Arkansas...

If parents and girlfriends weren't crazy, we probably have DGB and Neal right now. Wow.

IBleedRazorbackRed

ND might not even be bowl eligible. Have you seen their schedule?

Sept. 1       Navy (Dublin, Ireland)
Sept. 8       PURDUE
Sept. 15       at Michigan State
Sept. 22       MICHIGAN
Sept. 29       Open Date
Oct. 6       MIAMI (Soldier Field, Chicago)
Oct. 13       STANFORD
Oct. 20       BYU
Oct. 27       at Oklahoma
Nov. 3       PITTSBURGH
Nov. 10       at Boston College
Nov. 17       WAKE FOREST
Nov. 24       at USC

Pretty tough for them.

AcePigtura

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 22, 2012, 01:49:33 pm
ND might not even be bowl eligible. Have you seen their schedule?

Sept. 1       Navy (Dublin, Ireland)
Sept. 8       PURDUE
Sept. 15       at Michigan State
Sept. 22       MICHIGAN
Sept. 29       Open Date
Oct. 6       MIAMI (Soldier Field, Chicago)
Oct. 13       STANFORD
Oct. 20       BYU
Oct. 27       at Oklahoma
Nov. 3       PITTSBURGH
Nov. 10       at Boston College
Nov. 17       WAKE FOREST
Nov. 24       at USC

Pretty tough for them.

It's pretty tough compared to Big Ten lite and the service academies which is normally their schedule. Looks like USC, OU, and MSU are the only preseason top 25 teams on the schedule.

EastexHawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 22, 2012, 01:42:57 pm

INCOMING!!!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: AcePigtura on February 22, 2012, 01:51:58 pm
It's pretty tough compared to Big Ten lite and the service academies which is normally their schedule. Looks like USC, OU, and MSU are the only preseason top 25 teams on the schedule.

But for ND, they will lose to Mich state, Mich, Miami, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC. BYU is a toss up. They are not a good team. No proven qb, loss of Michael Floyd will really hurt them.

songofthesword

one thing I Have learned, is that about....70% recruiting information out there is what i call "best guess" stuff. people who make rational assumptions and take it as truth.

everyone saide neal was betwen zona and nD. evERYONE. it was really arknasas and norte dame

everyone thought we moved on from tawain johnson becuase his name wasn't coming up but he was very much in the mix.

everyone in decmeber assumed mizzou was an after thought for DGB

everyone assumed Michigan and arknasas for Jordan diamond, when he really liked auburn

kingofdequeen

mhuff

Something stinks here. I think the kid wanted to come to Arkansas,

Agent of Chaos

*slams face into wall. again. again. again.*

This year was gut wrenching. We walked away with a solid class. But looking at how MF'n close we came to landing THE class.....ugh.
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

AcePigtura

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on February 22, 2012, 03:06:32 pm

This year was gut wrenching. We walked away with a solid class. But looking at how MF'n close we came to landing THE class.....ugh.

I agree, but one must also wonder what else we could have done. SEC transfer academic requirements seem to have gotten Gardner, a psycho dad that wasn't going to take anything but Notre Dame got Neal, and a mom and girlfriend got DGB. Just unfortunate breaks all around.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2012, 12:56:42 pm

hard to hear that notre dame's prestige won out in the end, or rather dad's perception of notre dames academic prestige combined with a lingering negative perception of arkansas as a whole probably won out.
We were not number 2. it was ND or Arizona.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Oliver

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2012, 12:56:42 pm

Ironically while ND is obviously a very fine academic university, the negative perception should IMHO actually be toward the Irish. Yes, they have a high reputation from LONG AGO. If one stops to look at the most recent past and overall quality of play the Hogs are on the way up and the Irish have either stagnated or declined (more of the latter) over the past 10-20 years.

lumphog

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on February 22, 2012, 03:06:32 pm

Our time IS coming . . . We WILL get there.

songofthesword

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on February 22, 2012, 03:44:46 pm
Ironically while ND is obviously a very fine academic university, the negative perception should IMHO actually be toward the Irish. Yes, they have a high reputation from LONG AGO. If one stops to look at the most recent past and overall quality of play the Hogs are on the way up and the Irish have either stagnated or declined (more of the latter) over the past 10-20 years.
i think our staff recruits better than people give them credit for. if it looks like it looks now, neal actually wanted to come to arkansas. just could not get dad on board who had his mind made up from jump street.

Tim Harris

forrest city joe

Quote from: Oliver on February 22, 2012, 03:29:41 pm
You bother to watch that video Joe?
Yes i watched it and i know what he said. don't believe everything you hear, even if it comes from the player. remember when the Juco DE claimed he picked a school over Arkansas and thew the Hog hat in the trash? and said that's what CBP did to Willy?  we had not recruited the guy since Willy left. yet he claims he pick another school over us. he lied.

baitshop

fcj....you're kidding, right....the words come out of the kids mouth and you say that he is lying.... ::)

What would have to happen for you to believe that Arkansas was his second choice....??
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

forrest city joe

Quote from: baitshop on February 22, 2012, 05:01:07 pm
fcj....you're kidding, right....the words come out of the kids mouth and you say that he is lying.... ::)

What would have to happen for you to believe that Arkansas was his second choice....??
There is no way i can prove it.all i know is read this.http://www.azdesertswarm.com/2012/2/21/2814454/davonte-neal-links-read-and-react

colbs

But we finished higher in the "REAL" rankings than any of the teams they went to.  I will take that a top 5 finish in the bcs poll over a top 5 finish in rivals.

forrest city joe

Quote from: colbs on February 22, 2012, 05:28:10 pm
But we finished higher in the "REAL" rankings than any of the teams they went to.  I will take that a top 5 finish in the bcs poll over a top 5 finish in rivals.
BINGO! that's all i care about. who finished 11 and 2, and 5th in the nation.none of those three did. GO Hogs.

colbs

Yeah.  If it wasn't for parents heavily influencing their decision we might have got two 5* commits.  The parent that really liked us (Diamond's mom) chose to go to Auburn.

deblaylock06

Sucks, I've never heard him speak before, he sounds like an intelligent young man. 

Would have loved to see him in a Hog Uniform.  Loved the fact he called Arkansas a powerhouse.  It'll make chills go down your spine

BERLY_HOGMAN

A great man once said...

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST... YOU'RE LAST.

Uncommon

Quote from: BERLY_HOGMAN on February 22, 2012, 08:15:10 pm
A great man once said...

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST... YOU'RE LAST.
This great man also gets kicked out of Applebee's often.